• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Tales of Graces F for North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
riceandbeans said:
Playstation 3 for sure.

Don't think the 360 Vesperia sales were enough to get it ported and I doubt they'd update the Wii version.

Well Tales of Vesperia for the 360 was the 2nd best selling tales game behind symphonia series. If it was PS3 only they would have said so, I suspect they will bring the Wii version or n\make a port for the 360 for North America.

Glennct

Yays!!! About time!!! Hope Vesperia PS3 will come one way or another as well, retail or download I don't care!!!

Jerk

Banned
Ways Namco can screw this up:

-No VA for skits
-Cut content
-Re-branding the Wii version as F, but not adding new content
-Poor localization
-Bad Marketing campaign
-Poor release date

If It's for the Wii (and it turns up in Europe) I'll pick it up was tempted by symphonia 2 but couldn't be bothered cy the time it turned up here

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
LiquidMetal14 said:
What? The better version has the additional content. You would skip that and HD visuals for the controller? Tales was made with regular pads forever. Be like me and get both, if both come lol

Hey, the Wii had a Tales game in NA too already!

What's so better about it?
if they ported the extra content to the Wii version, that would be superior to me as the game was designed with the Wiimote in mind.

Jerk 2.0 said:

-No VA for skits
-Cut content
-Poor localization
-Bad Marketing campaign
-Poor release date

This is a time for celebration not depression :D

COME ON EVERYONE LET'S BE HAPPY :D

Rpgmonkey

Jerk 2.0 said:

-No VA for skits
-Cut content
-Poor localization
-Bad Marketing campaign
-Poor release date

At least one of these will happen.

McNum

I hope there'll be an EU version, too, but if it's for PS3, then I can just import. I might do that if it's the usual year delay anyway.

But great news for the US!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
_dementia said:
F means it's the PS3 game I thought
Yes, in Japan that is. I don't see why they wouldn't port it to the 360 for the western release if they have the time, though.

I only have a PS3 these days so I'm glad either way.

RPGCrazied

Lol @ person saying what platforms. You can see the F plain as day. Its the PS3 version, suck it up Wii owners.

I'm kinda down though. No screens? No trailer? No release date? Just coming soon? Well, I won't complain.

We are finally getting another Tales game, I'm content.

Luigi87

Well, this will be purchased.
I've long, long wanted Graces and I was going to import the Wii version when the translation project finished.

Now I needn't do that!

riceandbeans said:
Playstation 3 for sure.

Don't think the 360 Vesperia sales were enough to get it ported and I doubt they'd update the Wii version.

I remember hearing it didn't do too bad here. It's the Japan performance that was underwhelming. I don't know, if I was Namco, I'd just give a version to all three consoles, considering the franchise has slept with every console and now everyone is unsure of who its mate actually is. Plus, 1/2 of you would go crazy, and that's always fun.

But either way, this is fantastic news. I'll get it on whichever console it's on.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kusagari said:
I cannot see Scamco exerting the effort to port the new features to Wii or port the entire game to 360.
5687_2844_stupid-philip-rivers-face.jpg

And no trailer or screens?!?! Come on now!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jerk 2.0 said:

-No VA for skits
-Cut content
-Poor localization
-Bad Marketing campaign
-Poor release date
This one will undoubtedly happen.

It would be pretty stupid to translate a whole RPG just to release only one version of it...

Come on Namco, do it... don't let me down: PS3 and Wii both

I know you can do it......... please do it :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Legendary Warrior said:
So is Tales of Graces just about the best shit ever or what?
It's another JRPG and TALES, are you not a fan? I've been there since the beginning. LIVE!

MechaX

Jerk 2.0 said:

-No VA for skits
-Cut content
-Poor localization
-Bad Marketing campaign
-Poor release date

Change that second-to-last one to "completely nonexistent Marketing Campaign" and we've pretty much got an absolutely accurate depiction of what's going to happen. I would say that a bad campaign is better than no cam-... No, never mind. There have been plenty of gaming bad campaign that have backfired.

Also, expect "lol same release date as FFXIII-2!"

Delio

Huh wonder why they didnt bother tossing up a platform. Nevertheless i will buy a PS3 to play this and catch up on any other PS3 rpgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom