• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Has A "Surprise" For Tales of Fans In The West [Up: Japan Expo]

Aeana

If you play it on X360 - it means Microsoft won with their bullshit marketing tactics of buying exclusives.

If you play it on 360, it means you got to play the game in English instead of holding out and denying yourself the game for no reason other than corporate loyalism.

Esura

Banned
If you play it on 360, it means you got to play the game in English instead of holding out and denying yourself the game for no reason other than corporate loyalism.

I don't think it is really corporate loyalism. I've seen people say they held out because of the bonus stuff Vesperia has, or because they don't have a 360 and doesn't see the need to purchase one for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure the guy you quoted was just being sarcastic...I think.

I'm not going to buy X360 just so i can play Vesperia on it when i already have PS3 and PC only because "something" (let's pretend we don't know reason was MS $$$) stops Namco from releasing game here when they have code and translation done.

Namco loses customer - I don't really lose anything because i have more games than time to finish them anyway.

Vesperia is not a Witcher or VC which are literally only franchises for which I would buy new machine.

demidar

I hope we'll be getting a director's cut of Xillia that would maybe get re-released in Japan (because Namco likes milking). But if not then that's fine too I guess, I needs me some Tales games.

PKrockin

I'm not going to buy X360 just so i can play Vesperia on it when i already have PS3 and PC only because "something" (let's pretend we don't know reason was MS $$$) stops Namco from releasing game here when they have code and translation done.

Source?

Quick question: are there any new and significant animated scenes in the PS3 version of Vesperia? (not just the addition of Patty)

If you talk about anime animated cutscenes , not so much..
You have more scenes with DON, more exposition on airfried/Don , at least 8 scenes ( during the story ) concerning patty and a LOT more of flynn scenes( he joins and drops your party at several moments ) before joining for real in the last chapter..

because they have more time to implement and to talk between those characters it's much better ,not that significant but more than welcome ... all new stuff of course ( not counting side quest events )

Several regular scenes have been sligtly modified to include new stuff so there stuff in place you'll not really expect at first. ( i'd argue that some scenes make more sense now with the modified events )

By playing the 360 version only you'll get the same core experience , the ps3 version has a LOT LOT of decorations added to it.
^^^That's why many here are saying to get the 360 version instead of waiting /asking for the ps3 version .. the main plot is the same..the ps3 version has more battles, more skills, more of coliseums cameos , more characters , more music , more quests more dongeons..is that significant ? many argue that it is ...

Astery

Went into this thread, sees Vesperia deal arguments for pages wtf. Seriously, given the Japanese PS3 version has been long released ("The Best" version coming in a month's time or so), the English PS3 version just won't be happening. Just import it if you really want to and check out game guides.

Um so the announcement was not revealed yet? I thought it was the shitty Tales of Card Evolve iOS but doesn't seem like it when I open up this thread.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Went into this thread, sees Vesperia deal arguments for pages wtf. Seriously, given the Japanese PS3 version has been long released ("The Best" version coming in a month's time or so), the English PS3 version just won't be happening. Just import it if you really want to and check out game guides.

What? Thank you! I had given up all hope that this would receive a low price rerelease at some point.

Bladenic

Ugh people still on about Vesperia PS3. Get over it, Jesus. I'm like the biggest fan of Vesperia, ranking it far and above all the other Tales games and my favorite RPG of the gen and one of my favorites of the generation, and I've moved on.

I will prob. import if the Best version comes out though. After Xillia.

scy

I want to jump on the ToV PS3 bandwagon. I mean, that's some dedication to still think it'll happen. I need that kind of optimism!

...but still, come on Xillia announcement~

Or maybe they'll skip straight to Xillia 2 and we'll be all kinds of confused.

Deitus

Well that was certainly the case when the game first came out (it was one of several games in Microsofts "JRPG Courtship" plan early in the 360's lifecycle) but its definitely not the case anymore.

Its just a matter of profitability. The game is now 4 years old, and 90% of anyone who was ever going to play it in the West already has (and half of the remaining people just don't care anymore). Considering Tales games already sell poorly in the West, what are the chances of a 3 year late re-release being a financial success?

Granted, Tales games would probably sell a little better if there was more support from Namco. But I think they would be better served focusing all their efforts on making Xillia a success. I know you want Vesperia PS3 to come out in the West, and ideally every game would. But for a series where only half of the titles leave Japan, you kind of have to pick your battles.

Seda

Haven't checked in a few days, but I guess this looks like more and more like Xillia. Schala better have a good avy for kayos ready, lol.

Esura

Banned
I know someone who goes coo coo for the Millinia chick in Xillia so I wanna see whats up with that game. Hope it gets localized.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Namco loses customer - I don't really lose anything because i have more games than time to finish them anyway.

Vesperia is not a Witcher or VC which are literally only franchises for which I would buy new machine.

Then do what you want? If you're willing to buy a new machine for franchises like VC and Witcher but not Tales then that's your problem, not NB.

Haven't checked in a few days, but I guess this looks like more and more like Xillia. Schala better have a good avy for kayos ready, lol.

Lol. We'll see.

If you play it on X360 - it means Microsoft won with their bullshit marketing tactics of buying exclusives.

No way this a serious post.

Guys, guys, guys; the reason we're having this spike of longing for ToV:pS3 is because ToX is looking likely. Yall know how this shit works by now. :p

i don't find patty annoying, she is better than carol or most of tales kids, and
she isn't a "real" kid:p

Oh for fucks sake, not this shit again. Blech.

DR2K

Banned

Buy it on 360 play it, then buy the eventual ToV western release on PS3 and play that too. Double your pleasure double your fun.

UberTag

Guys, guys, guys; the reason we're having this spike of longing for ToV:pS3 is because ToX is looking likely. Yall know how this shit works by now. :p
When Namco announces the North American release of Xillia they should make Vesperia a preorder bonus.

Everybody wins!

When Namco announces the North American release of Xillia they should make Vesperia a preorder bonus.

Everybody wins!
Or better yet, to save money instead of doing that make it the translation patch for the fan translated project. That way they could see the fan loyalty.

DR2K

Banned
When Shadow Hearts 2 came out the preorder bonus was a copy of Shadow Hearts 1. The concept blew my mind.

Of course, that's a very different situation.

It's been done before with Alice: madness returns most recently.

But translating the remainder of Vesperia would probably put Namco out of business, so it wouldn't be a wise investment.

That's a joke.

klee123

Lol, despite that any rational thinking Tales fan know that PS3 Vesperia's ship has sailed long ago. I don't see how this is any different from Nintendo or Xbox fans not buying a PS3 for Graces F.

frequency

Lol, despite that any rational thinking Tales fan know that PS3 Vesperia's ship has sailed long ago. I don't see how this is any different from Nintendo or Xbox fans not buying a PS3 for Graces F.

Xbox and Nintendo Tales fans don't say "bring Graces F to my platform" in every Tales announcement thread.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Everybody wins!

You joke, but that would get me to by Xillia
and then take Vesperia out of the pre-order wrapper seal, and turn around and sell Xillia within five seconds of getting it at the store

Jigsaw

Banned
Xbox and Nintendo Tales fans don't say "bring Graces F to my platform" in every Tales announcement thread.

because they would first have to port it (port begging still bannable?),vesperia ps3 is already ported (localization begging not bannable,yet)

Well then you need to look at why he, as the lead, bothered you.

If it was that he sometimes (often?) behaved in a way that you found wimpy, irrational, or illogical, then to some degree that's also a problem here.

Pretty much. Was surprised with how stubborn and whiny he gets. The whole
telling sophie to dont sacrifice herself to save the fucking world even though the whole situation is due to asbel's incompetence with dealing with Richard
was as infuriating as stuff gets.

Rpgmonkey

This shouldn't even be comparable.

Besides the OTs for the games, many Tales threads constantly devolve into Vesperia PS3 discussion. Port-begging on the other hand hasn't really happened in a while and if it has it wasn't something that managed to derail the thread for very long.

That's why the former is starting to be met with hostility while the latter usually gets blown off the few times it's happened.

Pretty much. Was surprised with how stubborn and whiny he gets. The whole
telling sophie to dont sacrifice herself to save the fucking world even though the whole situation is due to asbel's incompetence with dealing with Richard
was as infuriating as stuff gets.

Yeah, you probably won't be too fond of the male lead in Xillia either then.

frequency

They do when it comes to a Tales title being PS exclusive. See the western Graces F announcement thread.

But that's just in the threads relevant for that game. Not in every single Tales thread for every other Tales game. If you look in the same Graces F thread, you'll find some "PS3 Vesperia please" in there too.

Netto-kun

Baba arrived in Italy.

i8WOw

http://p.twipple.jp/i8WOw

Top Bottom