• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai to show off new fighting game (Harada) & racing game at E3

LuuKyK

I actually cant wait to see how good fighting games will look like in new hardware. Pretty excited if it is a new Tekken.

Since we can post anything we want.

Weapon Lord x Soul Calibur

2D with layers like old snk games
1 on 1
Things like cutting off hair and clothing from Weapon Lord

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I actually cant wait to see how good fighting games will look like in new hardware. Pretty excited if it is a new Tekken.

This precisely; I've said so before, but fighting games are very high up on my personal "next gen things I want to see" list. Tekken in particular has always looked stunning in motion.

TreIII

I recall Harada making joke/tease tweets about a Soul Calibur X Samurai Shodown ages ago, so now I have hope in my heart :(
(And think up stuff like Valkyrie and Athena as secret bosses)

TxSF would be quite fine though.

Here, I thought Harada didn't really have any love for SNK or its products...was that rumor untrue?

cj_iwakura

MAXIMUM TUNE PS3! :D

8ZGmr.jpg

Do it.

AmyS

Ridge Racer 8 please, with HD versions of the tracks from Rave Racer and Rage Racer.

Pretty please, with a polygon on top ;)

Momentary

Banned
Kind of excited with the mention of Harada being on Steam so much lately. Hopefully it's his first fighting game that's also heading to the PC.

Loona

Here, I thought Harada didn't really have any love for SNK or its products...was that rumor untrue?

Harada has Samurai Shodown in his listed "likes" on Facebook - I'm not discarding hope entirely, unlikely as it may be.

Queen's Gate, also from Namco, had 3 SNK characters in it (Mai, Cham Cham and Mina), 2 of which from SS, while also featuring Tekken's Lili and SC's Ivy, so even if that game has issues, it also establishes an interesting precedent.

jett

D-Member
I needs my Ridge Racer.

A REAL Ridge Racer, full blown sequel goddamn it. I demand it. And it should look like this:

ridge-racer-7-update-20060428095641537.jpg

ridge-racer-7-20060427101644556-1479855.jpg

ridge-racer-7-20060427101649806-1479858.jpg

Sandfox

Tekken has history of arcade version first and namco officially announcing console version 1-2 years later . Thus it might not be tekken 7

I'm sure that people expecting a mainline Tekken game are going to be disappointed. Its probably going to be TxSF.

To me it seems the most probable. The Tekken team can only make so many new games at the time, it's either Smash or TxSF.

Smash Bros. has already been announced, and the press release says Harada will be presenting it. I doubt Nintendo will let them present Smash Bros. for the first time.

B.O.O.M

I want a Tekken on vita.

There was that rumor last year about it. Hope it's true....dat Dpad and on the go tekken = so good

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dragon Ball game with the Naruto engine plz
I think this might make me die happy.

Replace Dragon Ball with One Piece and I might have a heart attack as soon as I watch its reveal trailer.

Sayah

Unannounced means it might not be TKXSF. It's entirely possible to get a teaser trailer of some sort for Tekken 7 or SCVI. Even if it's too early for them. T6 got this teaser several years before its console release so it's possible. I know Harada was also open to the idea of Soul Calibur X Final Fantasy.

Could be anything. Just hope it's not Naruto or DBZ. My hype will die.

It's probably a little teaser for Tekken 7 on next generation or even another teaser for TxSF which would have me sort of wondering about it's future considering it was announced so long ago. Maybe it will be actual gameplay footage? If TxSF isn't announced by E3, I don't think it's happening anytime soon then, if ever. SC6 would also be nice, but I do nto think it is that. Why are people thinking it's too early for Tekken 7 or SC6 when they probably won't hit home consoles until 2015 or even 2016? I want a real, traditional classic style Ridge Racer, not an open world Burnout or Need for Speed wannabe.

Sayah

No more Tekken for the love of god, 8 is enough.

Tekken isn't an annual CoD affair. The wait between Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 on consoles was over 4 years. And the wait between Tekken 6 and TTT2 on consoles was three years.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'll take a wild guess and say it's Ridge Racer 8 and Tekken 7 (or Tekken Vita).

Sayah

I also like that we've totally ignored the mention of two new PAC-MAN games.

How's that redesign treatin' ya Namco?

Unless it's a really bold take on the franchise that surprises everyone, it's probably just going to be a kart racing game that most people don't care about. Namco hasn't done a lot with pacman. Thus, the lack of interest.

We really do a need fully fledged out 3D HD Pacman platformer/action/adventure game akin to the PS1 titles.

Scherzo

Banned
I actually like ACAH and CRA (though not so much the scripted sections), but I'd be so happy if they had a new AC set in Strangereal even if its just a 15 dollar downloadable game.

Pachimari

Please just give us Tekken X Street Fighter but I want Tekken Ball, Shin Kamiya and DLC announcements for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 the most.

Tizoc

If it's TxSF, I really hope Ryu gets to play as having a mixture of moves from various fighting styles >_<.

The thing I'm most interested in about TxSF is seeing the Street Fighter characters done in the Tekken style. (And perhaps getting to customize them?!)

I actually like ACAH and CRA (though not so much the scripted sections), but I'd be so happy if they had a new AC set in Strangereal even if its just a 15 dollar downloadable game.
A new AC would probably be my game of the show.
heck 5HD would hype me more than most games.

Scherzo

Banned
A new AC would probably be my game of the show.
heck 5HD would hype me more than most games.

I'd like it to be like a Remake or Re-imagining of it though (of course they could include the original version, potentially uprezed, too). I don't think CRA is inherently bad but they need to get over their fixation with Set pieces and QTEs.

Top Bottom