• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! EX - New Scan (Spoiler!)

f@luS

More than a member.
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Same here. Plus, if Sasuke is a Fire-Electric dual-type he should have a 4x weakness to Ground attacks :lol
?

i saw
Fire > Wind > Thunder > earth > water >fire

dont get ur point

Dr.Hadji

ShockingAlberto said:
God I hope not.

The elements are the worst thing that's happened to the manga in a long time. I cringed when they revealed the chart of the elemental advantages and weaknesses. All I could think of was "Kakashichu, use thunder bolt!"

The whole elemental weakness/stregnth is only natural. Wheather intintional or not, nature's natural yin/yang balance has been written into the fights already. Sure Kakashi's line on the last pannel was a little forced but that was the whole theme of the chapter anyway. I'm sure things won't be as forced form now on.

Hero

Also, one of the guys who worked on Cowboy Bebop is now helping with Naruto. I'm pretty sure it's an animator, so that's why it's exactly the same.

It's going to be weird going from ~40 characters from N:GNT4 to ~20 in N:GNTEX

Hopefully characters like Tsunade, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Kabuto will still be in it even though we haven't seen them do anything in part two yet.

Maybe Gai will even be able to open up more gates than he could in previous GNT games. :D

Hero said:

Even if it was only 10 characters, it doesnt matter so much.
You have consider that, unlike most typical beatemups, every character in the GNT-game plays really differently, totally unique. I play those games since the first GNT, there have been 8 characters...and i played it over 80 hours ^^

Hero said:
Also, one of the guys who worked on Cowboy Bebop is now helping with Naruto. I'm pretty sure it's an animator, so that's why it's exactly the same.

Hopefully characters like Tsunade, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Kabuto will still be in it even though we haven't seen them do anything in part two yet.

Maybe Gai will even be able to open up more gates than he could in previous GNT games. :D

Um, where was it said there were only 20 characters?

jarrod

Banned
D3VI0US said:
So this is made by different dudes that the guys who did the Cube games?
Yep, it's made by Dream Factory, who was founded by ex-Namco and AM2 staff in 1995. Gameography...

Tobal No.1 (PlayStation) 1996 Square
Tobal 2 (PlayStation) 1997 Square
Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (System 12) 1998 Namco
Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (PlayStation) 1998 Square
The Bouncer (PlayStation 2) 2000 Square
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Tapout (Xbox) 2002 Crave
Kakuto Chojin (Xbox) 2003 MGS
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Tapout 2 (Xbox) 2003 Crave
PRIDE GP 2003 (PlayStation 2) 2003 Capcom
Crimson Tears (PlayStation 2) 2004 Capcom
Bleach: Erabareshi Tamashii (PlayStation 2) 2005 SCEI
Yoshitsune-ki (PlayStation 2) 2005 Banpresto
Kakutou Bijin Wulong (PlayStation 2) 2006 Bandai
Naruto: Shinobi Retsuden (Nintendo DS) 2006 Takara Tomy
Appleseed EX (PlayStation 2) 2007 SEGA
Naruto: Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX (Wii) 2007 Takara Tomy

Hero

Zoramon089 said:
Um, where was it said there were only 20 characters?

It didn't say, I'm just speculating. Even in the manga, we haven't seen a lot of the characters fight, so I'm not sure if they would be included in this game unless all they changed was their character model.

jarrod said:
Yep, it's made by Dream Factory, who was founded by ex-Namco and AM2 staff in 1995. Gameography...

Tobal No.1 (PlayStation) 1996 Square
Tobal 2 (PlayStation) 1997 Square
Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (System 12) 1998 Namco
Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (PlayStation) 1998 Square
The Bouncer (PlayStation 2) 2000 Square
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Tapout (Xbox) 2002 Crave
Kakuto Chojin (Xbox) 2003 MGS
Ultimate Fighting Championship: Tapout 2 (Xbox) 2003 Crave
PRIDE GP 2003 (PlayStation 2) 2003 Capcom
Crimson Tears (PlayStation 2) 2004 Capcom
Bleach: Erabareshi Tamashii (PlayStation 2) 2005 SCEI
Yoshitsune-ki (PlayStation 2) 2005 Banpresto
Kakutou Bijin Wulong (PlayStation 2) 2006 Bandai
Naruto: Shinobi Retsuden (Nintendo DS) 2006 Takara Tomy
Appleseed EX (PlayStation 2) 2007 SEGA
Naruto: Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX (Wii) 2007 Takara Tomy

Interesting.. They have had some pretty sweet titles.. good to see they will carry the reigns for naruto.. Shinobi Retsuden looks great too..

I cant wait for GNT EX.

I'm gonna guess there will be 30-40 chars.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So, can anyone tell me when this time-skip occurs in the anime series? 'Cause I assume that's where the fillers will end (temporarily).

Hero

Although I know it's still too early to make decisions about the game it does seem like we'll be losing some characters from N:GNT4.

Shino/Kiba/Hinata/Shikamaru/Ino/Choji have yet to be seen in any of the N:GNTEX scans and at this point would be surprised if they are included in the game since they won't have any fights in the second part of the Naruto anime.

I hope they let older characters like Zabuza/Haku/Anko/Sarutobi/Tsunade/Jiraiya/Orochimaru/Sound Ninja remain in the game. Going from like 40 characters to 20 something would be extremely lame.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kiriku said:
So, can anyone tell me when this time-skip occurs in the anime series? 'Cause I assume that's where the fillers will end (temporarily).
The new Naruto series starts February.

Kusagari

Hero said:
Although I know it's still too early to make decisions about the game it does seem like we'll be losing some characters from N:GNT4.

Shino/Kiba/Hinata/Shikamaru/Ino/Choji have yet to be seen in any of the N:GNTEX scans and at this point would be surprised if they are included in the game since they won't have any fights in the second part of the Naruto anime.

I hope they let older characters like Zabuza/Haku/Anko/Sarutobi/Tsunade/Jiraiya/Orochimaru/Sound Ninja remain in the game. Going from like 40 characters to 20 something would be extremely lame.

All I'm going to say is it better have Kisame. I was pissed I couldin't spit up a lake in GNT4. I better be able to in Ex!

Hero

Kusagari said:
All I'm going to say is it better have Kisame. I was pissed I couldin't spit up a lake in GNT4. I better be able to in Ex!

Well, considering Kisame is on the boxart of the game, I would think it's safe to say he's in the game. ;)

Kusagari said:
All I'm going to say is it better have Kisame.

Dude, did you even look at the new scan?

Anyway, i doubt we´ll see the characters from GNT4. This is a whole new beginning.
Though it doesnt matter to me...if Dreamfactory manages to make the gameplay as great as in former GNT-games. All of those 13/14 characters we can see on the new scans would be unique. So it´s not really a problem having "only" those.
But really...after the bad Shinobi Retsuden for NDS, i somehow doubt this game will be any good :-/

I'm hoping this has Classic Controller support because I seriously doubt Dream Factory can make this game work with the Wiimote.

king zell

h-104_64926_naruto03.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto04.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto05.jpg.jpg

h-104_64926_naruto01.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto02.jpg.jpg

h-104_64926_naruto09.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto010.jpg.jpg

h-104_64926_naruto011.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto012.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto013.jpg.jpg

h-104_64926_naruto06.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto07.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto08.jpg.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Junpei Heat said:
Wow february 22 thats a week right after shippuuden premiers

Geez I just noticed
Sai
isnt on the cover!

Lame. I actually like him as a character. Naruto is soo boring right now (the manga, I don`t watch the anime), which makes it difficult to get excited about this game. I`ll try, though...

rkenshin

TheTrin said:
Lame. I actually like him as a character. Naruto is soo boring right now (the manga, I don`t watch the anime), which makes it difficult to get excited about this game. I`ll try, though...

Probably because big breasted Hinata is nowhere in sight :lol

Game looks pretty sweet, I just hope the controls work well enough and they keep all the characters from the last game. Zabuza still better be in the game.

rkenshin

Heh, wonder when the US will get this game given that they have to go through around a hundred eps of fillers to catch up and they aren't finished with the manga section of the pre-timeskip yet..

OH BOY!

Lord Phol

king zell said:
*Lots of pictures that makes you drool*

Looks great fun, any chance this will someday end up in Europe? :3
Otherwise, are there any not to expensive and not too complicated options for being able to play this game?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PantherLotus said:
I do wonder exactly how gameplay can "look" like crap? Is that what you meant? Isn't gameplay the part we can't see?
The screens indicate that it looks nothing like what GNT was, and the Waggle moves revealed via the scans so far don't sound fun at all.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PantherLotus said:
I do wonder exactly how gameplay can "look" like crap? Is that what you meant? Isn't gameplay the part we can't see?

Unfortunately, this game is being developed by Dream Factory, and Dream Factory for the last few years now means CRAP. I cannot get excited for this title if 8ing isn't behind it, especially after having played the HORRIBLE SHITTY AWFUL BARF BARF BARF Naruto DS fighter that Dream Factory also developed that was released some weeks back.

Dream Factory was awesome when they made Tobal 2 and Ehrgeiz, but that was pretty much it for them. They're more known for crap like Kakuto Chojin than anything else. You can see that from the list Jarrod posted...so much garbage listed. :p

I highly reccomend everyone interested in this game NOT pre-order this until reviews and impressions come in.

Lord Phol

Lyte Edge said:
Unfortunately, this game is being developed by Dream Factory, and Dream Factory for the last few years now means CRAP. I cannot get excited for this title if 8ing isn't behind it, especially after having played the HORRIBLE SHITTY AWFUL BARF BARF BARF Naruto DS fighter that Dream Factory also developed that was released some weeks back.

Dream Factory was awesome when they made Tobal 2 and Ehrgeiz, but that was pretty much it for them. They're more known for crap like Kakuto Chojin than anything else. You can see that from the list Jarrod posted...so much garbage listed. :p

I highly reccomend everyone interested in this game NOT pre-order this until reviews and impressions come in.

Dunno, I actually think this could be just the thing that breathes some new life into the game series. The thing most people complained about in GNT4 was that it resembled GNT3 too much, the developers barely made any effort at all with that game, throw in a bunch of new characters and stages and let the money roll in.

Also, I liked The Bouncer... *runs in fear*

Hero

They better not mess this series up, or else there's going to be hell to pay. Seriously, N:GNT was a great series, both as a licensed game and as a 3D fighter. It's a shame most people won't give it a chance.

I'm with Lyte on this one. If Shinobi Retsuden is any indication of the direction Dream Factory is going with the series the this game will be total shit like the DS game.

kiryogi

Banned
WTF? this isnt Eighting? D: Total fail Tomy. I was excited for this as GNT rocked but that was Eighting and all. Hearing that this is Dream Factory and after having felt the DS rendition really kills any interest I had in this. Why isn't Eighting doing this.. WHY.

Lord Phol

Seriously, we seen pretty much nothing of the game, have no idea how it plays or how close it will resemble the rest of the games in the series. It could pretty much feel just like another game in the series. So far no one knows.

At least wait for some gameplay before you start racking down on it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait, so if 8ing isn't working on this, what the hell have they been doing since GNT4?

Maybe they're working on SSBB?

Hero said:
They're both homages to a Bruce Lee fight.
No, only the Bebop one is. The naruto one is just a straight rip-off from bebop. Spike's fighting style (jeet kun do) and personal motto are those of Bruce's, he's also a fan (as pointed out in Stray Dog Strut when he notes a specific model of Nunchuksthat bruce used). And if they were both coincidential homages, they'd be drawn from different angles.

Top Bottom