• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generation announced [Update: Trailer, 2012, More]

Wow, I'm surprised to see Kyuubi Chakra Mode in there. I wonder if it's an awakening, or an individual character. I'm betting on the former, as there's nothing to step up from... Unless they pull a Minato and have him go "Yellow Flash Mode"... Wow, that actually seems really probable now. XD

lol... Watch 'em put in EMS Sasuke.

He would break the game, bro.

If by "lackluster", you mean "short"... Then most likely, yes. It was done so as not to interrupt the pacing of online multiplayer matches. I kinda doubt they'd change their stance on that.

They could still spaz 'em up without making them too lengthy though.
The game is already broken they better not have puppet users the same either so cheap on defense

survivor

Banned
That'a a pretty neat cover.

I'm still hesitant over the game. I want to get it day 1, but I rather wait and see how broken it's gonna be first.

PK Gaming

(in a squeaky voice)

Kyuubi Chakra Mode confirmed?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hell fucking yes. I hope its an awakening thats easy to access instead of being a separate character.

Erasus

I have ultimate ninja storm 2, and I like that but this just feels like unlimate ninja storm + the 2nd game in one....

desu

I have ultimate ninja storm 2, and I like that but this just feels like unlimate ninja storm + the 2nd game in one....

It is, but ir probably will have a fair share of new characters 10-20?, probably awesome stage selection, improved fighting mechanics and online. I suppose especially for online players worth a upgrade.

Im hoping they expanded upon the same boss fights for Generation 1 as well as, I would gladly play the Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 bosses again, especially against Itachi and Sasori. I think refining it will help to make it feel like more than a compilation.

Desmond

393584_252867991438054deyi.jpg

Apparently European release is March 30th.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....100729723318554&type=1&theater#!/Narutogames

Any SE to go with my UNS2 one?

Im hoping they expanded upon the same boss fights for Generation 1 as well as, I would gladly play the Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 bosses again, especially against Itachi and Sasori. I think refining it will help to make it feel like more than a compilation.

those boss battles were so good. I got chills playing the naruto vs. sasuke fight especially when it went back to the past. Even though it didnt happen in the anime/manga it felt so perfect.

It is, but ir probably will have a fair share of new characters 10-20?, probably awesome stage selection, improved fighting mechanics and online. I suppose especially for online players worth a upgrade.

I don't think so. Fair share of characters maybe, but rest..doubt it

Erasus

Yea, maybe I´ll get it when it drops in price as I never got the 1st one.

PK Gaming

Just played the demo. Its fucking awesome.

Impressions:

-The chakra subsitution bar charges slower than I thought
-You cannot tag into > ultimate jutsu
-this also means no tag into ultimate jutsu
-cannot chakra dash into ultimate jutsu
-Jump guarding leaves you vulnerable
-There is a new Naruto. He has new combos and his awakening (will most likely) be Kyuubi Chakra mode. His new combos are incredible btw, and his tilt is the best thing ever.
-Sage mode naruto has new revamped combos that aren't just rasengan derivatives. Very, very fun to play now especially now that he can continue attacking without hitconform.

-you can chakra dash cancel to make your attack strings safe
-KnJ bar is very important, gratuitous use of it can lead you to eat a big combo
-you can sub stun animation meaning you can stop campers
eg: itachi cannot fireball camp you

so to sum it up:
this game is a huge step from the other one competitively

I'd type more but i'm tired.

How did you play the demo?

Update: I played through the demo earlier today and was not impressed. This game should have been a DLC pack for UNS2.

Skilletor

Just played the demo. Its fucking awesome.

Impressions:

-The chakra subsitution bar charges slower than I thought
-You cannot tag into > ultimate jutsu
-this also means no tag into ultimate jutsu
-cannot chakra dash into ultimate jutsu
-Jump guarding leaves you vulnerable
-There is a new Naruto. He has new combos and his awakening (will most likely) be Kyuubi Chakra mode. His new combos are incredible btw, and his tilt is the best thing ever.
-Sage mode naruto has new revamped combos that aren't just rasengan derivatives. Very, very fun to play now especially now that he can continue attacking without hitconform.

-you can chakra dash cancel to make your attack strings safe
-KnJ bar is very important, gratuitous use of it can lead you to eat a big combo
-you can sub stun animation meaning you can stop campers
eg: itachi cannot fireball camp you

so to sum it up:
this game is a huge step from the other one competitively

I'd type more but i'm tired.

Demo?

All of this sounds awesome. :)

Edit: OH SNAP DEMO ON JPN PSN!!! DLING NOW!!!!!!!!!!

how to go transform in 3rd fight?

I don't think you can, it's either because that Naruto's awakening supposed to be Kyuubi mode and he hasn't learned it at that point of the story.

also, Hax-Tobi is likely awakened form of funny Tobi where you can't use ultimate jutsu or throw at him. I can only do normal Rasengan move at him during that battle.

I just played the demo and it seems the exact same as UNS2, which is fine but the one thing that bothered me is that the story mode seems to be only still panels with text. If thats the case than its a HUGE let down compared to how well the story mode was handled in UNS2. I hope thats only the demo because if its not I guess Ill wait for UNS4 with more characters and the 4th War covered.

They really should have waited till this arc is finished before releasing this game. I don't see where they can end this game and there is just not enough material for a new game between the Pain arc till now.

Top Bottom