• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate The Hate: " Perfect Dark to be shown next month"

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to Nate The Hate, Perfect Dark should be shown in the Xbox Showcase next month, despite rumors of a possible development hell:

At this point, I fully expect that we will see Perfect Dark next month, and that some of the more recent rumors may have been outdated information perhaps… I have been hearing things this week that Perfect Dark is not in that bad of a state.”

via GamingLeaksdandRumors

Last edited:

Kurotri

b2e.png

LordCBH

Given how most ms releases come in rough these days, I’m more inclined to believe the rumors of troubled development.

Darsxx82

The only clear thing is that if it is not shown this year after Matt Booty indicated that it would be... then we can begin to give complete veracity to the rumors about the problems in development.

In my case, I think we would have to wait for the TGA to draw conclusions since it is the event that I see as most favorable for it to be shown because in the June Showcase all the focus will be on GEARS 6 and other games (maybe FH6, Fable gameplay ??) and would overshadow PerfectDark.

We will see

LordCBH

The only clear thing is that if it is not shown this year after Matt Booty indicated that it would be... then we can begin to give complete veracity to the rumors about the problems in development.

In my case, I think we would have to wait for the TGA to draw conclusions since it is the event that I see as most favorable for it to be shown because in the June Showcase all the focus will be on GEARS 6 and other games (maybe FH6, Fable gameplay ??) and would overshadow PerfectDark.

We will see

I’m willing to be perfect dark will be at some event this year. But it’ll likely be a 100% cg trailer like Fable was forever ago.

midnightAI

What a shock! Grubb is wrong and the actual Crystal Dynamics developer who said well over a year ago that development was going "extremely well", was right 😃 Whaddaya know.
That's a pretty large leap. Sure, don't believe every rumour, but nothing here says the rumour is incorrect, you have a rumour and a guess.

(And even if they show it,it doesn't confirm or deny it's in development hell)

Last edited:
That's a pretty large leap. Sure, don't believe every rumour, but nothing here says the rumour is incorrect, you have a rumour and a guess.

(And even if they show it,it doesn't confirm or deny it's in development hell)
Depends on how it looks right? I'm hopeful anyway.

Darsxx82

I’m willing to be perfect dark will be at some event this year. But it’ll likely be a 100% cg trailer like Fable was forever ago.
I don't think they would dare to launch another CG trailer since it was already the announcement trailer in 2021.
It would be like a confirmation that the development of the game is not on the best path and it would create uncertainty just like if they didn't show anything.

I think that the progress in UE5 on console has already come a long way and that what (if) they show will be assets of the game. As much as possible, a trailer with cinematics and small gameplay clips in the way that was done with FABLE.

StueyDuck

Banned
What a shock! Grubb is wrong and the actual Crystal Dynamics developer who said well over a year ago that development was going "extremely well", was right 😃 Whaddaya know.
most clout chasers are wrong.

but we had this narrative with Halo Infinite for years, the same sort of rumours and rebuttals and when we finally saw it, it was so bad it was delayed out of a console launch and drove itself into internet meme stardom and has still yet to recover from the Craig meme in most peoples minds.

point being, when there's smoke there's fire.

OT: I don't see this game being anything other than a dumpster fire, all the rumours and art and trailers we've seen have just been so off base for what a perfect dark game should be, the world is affected by climate change and it's gonna be partly third person stealth game, it's also AAAA but needs to outsource. It sounds like they are just attaching a name so their project doesn't fail.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

And yet people believe whatever twitter man posts regarding dev hell, no publisher in there right mind would pump money into a niche title thats in dev hell

clintar

Not that bad compared to what? Redfall? Starfield? Halo Infinite? How does our graph of state roughness look at this point and where does it land on the graph?

most clout chasers are wrong.

but we had this narrative with Halo Infinite for years, the same sort of rumours and rebuttals and when we finally saw it, it was so bad it was delayed out of a console launch and drove itself into internet meme stardom and has still yet to recover from the Craig meme in most peoples minds.

point being, when there's smoke there's fire.

OT: I don't see this game being anything other than a dumpster fire, all the rumours and art and trailers we've seen have just been so off base for what a perfect dark game should be, the world is affected by climate change and it's gonna be partly third person stealth game, it's also AAAA but needs to outsource. It sounds like they are just attaching a name so their project doesn't fail.
Yeah Infinite did look pretty bad and in all fairness didn't improve much either but it is a good game overall. Perfect Dark needs a strong showing and I'm confident it will.

Crystal Dynamics taking a lot of the load off the Initiative is a great move and should hopefully pay off.

SenkiDala

I love this series. I remember many people disliking the ZERO on 360 while me and my friend really enjoyed it in COOP, one of my best memory ever, An absolutely awesome game that I often replay with love.

THE:MILKMAN

Shocking that Spencer was pictured 4 1/4 years ago "playing" this game and yet there's still a massive question mark about whether the game is even in a fit state to be shown.

Robb

Gold Member
Let’s hope so. We’ve heard so little of it despite being in development for so long that I could believe the rumors being true, but outdated.

I have very little confidence in it at this point, but hoping it turns out to be good of course.

Top Bottom