• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: State of Play is the next Sony event | Doom: Dark Ages coming to PlayStation 5

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

midnightAI

That FTC slide with the spectrum of MS exclusive and multiplatform games aged like milk.
Also, State of Play....

wmOE0Zi.jpeg
I was thinking about this the other day, we are all waiting for Sony's big hitters,but if Pro is real why wouldn't they show those games in the best light possible ie. On the Pro. We know that's most likely going to be revealed later this year (August/September) so we have to wait until then to see any big games.

Last edited:

Mowcno

Damn. I wasn't expecting them to go straight to day-one on ps5, not even timed, so quick, with a non-acti title at least.

If that's what he's implying.

ProtoByte

Because games are taking too long.
You all laughed so much, when I said that the development of these games would take alot of time.
I don't know what you're talking about wiitht this.

You need alot of studios to fill out those missing gaps, because big hits games are going to take 4-6 years these days.
Yeah, and it's been 3 years since TLOU2, 3 years since Ghost, and Barlog's been working on his "magnum opus" since 2019 or something. Not asking for the games to come out tomorrow, but let's see the fucking goods.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Saving it for the Pro reveal I guess. Septemberish it is then.
Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

The last time they revealed the Pro like 2 months before it came out, and used the opportunity to talk hardware and kinda show off some new stuff from a couple of their upcoming games. It didn't get in the way of Sony communicating on a reasonable basis.
Waiting till September would be such a lame fucking move. By then, you'll have lost what little excitement momentum is left.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
A state of play is not a showcase so…I guess we’re not getting GoT2 reveal

AstroBot and Concord only. Don’t get big expectations at this point

The only way this makes sense is if they have 2 State of Plays over the summer. One in June and other in August.

feynoob

Gold Member

Yeah, and it's been 3 years since TLOU2, 3 years since Ghost, and Barlog's been working on his "magnum opus" since 2019 or something. Not asking for the games to come out tomorrow, but let's see the fucking goods.
Showcase, then 2 years waiting period.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Genuinely go to sleep if you're a Playstation-only person this year. They couldn't have made it more explicit that they have nothing for you if they tried. Put some eye and ear drops in the appropriate orifices.

Edit: this didn't come across how I meant it to, I'd had a beer or five and it was aimed at people being glum about big Sony games. Leaving it up for transparency.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

They are waiting on PS5 Pro to show these games.

nial

Gold Member
Genuinely go to sleep if you're a Playstation-only person this year. They couldn't have made it more explicit that they have nothing for you if they tried. Put some eye and ear drops in the appropriate orifices.
What?

midnightAI

He doesn't really sound so sure about that statement, it feels like a personal guess.
Pretty much, all he's done (I think) is believe what Jeff Grubb has said about Sony showing before end of May, realised it's less than a week until end of the month (weekdays) ergo not enough time to announce full showcase so must be state of play.

He may be right, or they may both be wrong and it's a showcase in June, or none at all, who knows, it's all just rumours for now.

Top Bottom