• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: State of Play is the next Sony event | Doom: Dark Ages coming to PlayStation 5

Unknown?

They told everyone to not expect sequels of their big selling franchises, that's it.
They've already published more games by this point of the year than they did in early 2021, 2022 and 2023.
This is true.
No they don't. What? Marvel Studios has nothing to do with it. There's an argument that they announced it to prevent leaks (lol), but how doesn't that apply to everything else.

Again, Physint, anyone?
So you had one example. Not great.

tmlDan

state of play

Sad Emo GIF by CBS

mitch1971

Gold Member
It will be interesting to see what will be written at the end of trailers played at the xbox showcase : 'Available on...'

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
If this happens it's going to leave me in a bad position......getting the game on gamepass or paying for it and getting adaptive triggers. 😆

Jerm411

XBox continues to confuse me….they're going 3rd party (anyone can see this) yet they wanna push more hardware…ok? Who's buying it? Seems like a lot of wasted time and $$, esp. when you look at their hardware sales right now while there's still exclusives.

So dumb lol.

It will only be labeled for Xbox at the show. Afterwards you can find out online what other platforms it will come to. Playstation does the same thing for multiplatform games

You do realize MS revealed Minecraft Legends at a Showcase and didn't hold back mentioning PlayStation and Switch right there, correct?

At this point there's no reason to pretend they're doing one thing when they're really doing the opposite. The cat's out of the bag. Might as well be transparent and list the platforms at their own event, it's the only way the biggest diehards will "get used" to their multiplatform future.

bitbydeath

Genuinely go to sleep if you're a Playstation-only person this year. They couldn't have made it more explicit that they have nothing for you if they tried. Put some eye and ear drops in the appropriate orifices.
PlayStation has been having one of its best years gaming wise in a long while, you need to wake up!

You do realize MS revealed Minecraft Legends at a Showcase and didn't hold back mentioning PlayStation and Switch right there, correct?

At this point there's no reason to pretend they're doing one thing when they're really doing the opposite. The cat's out of the bag. Might as well be transparent and list the platforms at their own event, it's the only way the biggest diehards will "get used" to their multiplatform future.
I think the difference is Minecraft has always been multiplat. Xbox has a live fan zone event going on with influencers for their upcoming showcase.. It may be seen as a slap in the face if they bring up other consoles. You could be right though

bitbydeath

Yeah. The way they're doing things now is pretty predictable.

Next years focus will be

Fairgame
Marathon
Venom
Death Stranding 2
Ghost 2
Whatever partner games they have

And then two games further out (2026) which will be Wolverine. Possibly SSM, ND, or maybe Bend, but no way in hell we're seeing something from more than one. Wouldn't be suprised if we get none of them.
I’m sure we’ll see Venom at some point this year as it is due out next year.

bitbydeath

I think the difference is Minecraft has always been multiplat. Xbox has a live fan zone event going on with influencers for their upcoming showcase.. It may be seen as a slap in the face if they bring up other consoles. You could be right though
Would be even more of a slap if they mention ports from existing games, taking up their conference time talking about PlayStation specific releases.

sachos

State of Play? Noooo, i want a Showcase! I wish they would still do live events, 2016 will never be matched again doesnt it?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
State of Play? Noooo, i want a Showcase! I wish they would still do live events, 2016 will never be matched again doesnt it?
2015 you mean? That was the year of Dreams.

Sony has steadily gone downhill since 2016 when they moved HQs to Cali and got a full frontal lobotomy.

Last edited:

sachos

2015 you mean? That was the year of Dreams.

Sony has steadily gone downhill since 2016 when they moved HQs to Cali and got a full frontal lobotomy.
2015 was awesome too yeah. E3 2016 was the insane GoW opening, RE7 demo. It also had PSX 2016 with the TLoU2 teaser trailer. I still rewatch those shows from time to time lol

Last edited:
Didn't MS always say that franchises with established fanbases on PS would continue to come to PS? So this isn't really anything special.
basically everything from Bethesda and Activision

I think the drama is if Xbox is going to be explicit about being a third party publisher.

the messaging is going to be very interesting, because there are some people that still have faith

midnightAI

This is so fucking stupid. Just say it, Sony. Whatever it is.
You are assuming that Sony reacts to every rumour out there and so must reveal a State of Play/Showcase, the only reason you are impatient is because Grubby Grubb said it was this month, but Sony doesn't work to fit in with his timescales.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Genuinely go to sleep if you're a Playstation-only person this year. They couldn't have made it more explicit that they have nothing for you if they tried. Put some eye and ear drops in the appropriate orifices.
I'm for sure gonna sleep on Doom, that much is certain.

It's great existing franchise titles are coming to PS day 1 as it should be. As for PS only a SOP? No summer showcase is absolutely awful and really does show how badly run the first-party studio's have been this generation. My PS4 Pro is still used for the odd older classic, but still no reason to upgrade to a PS5 or the PS5 PRO when it arrives.

When the supposed dying Xbox brand is the only one creating any excitement or hype for the industry what does that tell you?

Top Bottom