• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: State of Play is the next Sony event | Doom: Dark Ages coming to PlayStation 5

yazenov

Everyone and their mother called it except a couple of delusional folks in here who thought otherwise. A prime example of wishful thinking/hope vs. reality.

Xbox as we know it will dissipate. And MS Gaming will be a Multiplatform pub. All is according to plan.

That Sony studios are doing their job behind the scenes and Sony doesn't have to scream at the market to let people know they still exist like their dying competitor does.
See its shills like you that bury thier heads when it comes to their favourite console maker, which makes criticism of anything they do or don't do difficult to talk about on Gaf.

I game predominantly on Xbox but I also play on PS and Switch. Xbox completely messed up the start of the generation and have had plenty missteps along the way but they've had some success stories too as have PS.

My issue with PS is that the last 2 years their first-party output has been low and we now know they've got nothing really to show this year either. At least the Xbox studios are starting to produce a steady flow of content and of course we are getting a showcase soon as well.

Honestly for you are you not disappointed there is no PS Showcase this summer?

See its shills like you that bury thier heads when it comes to their favourite console maker, which makes criticism of anything they do or don't do difficult to talk about on Gaf.

I game predominantly on Xbox but I also play on PS and Switch. Xbox completely messed up the start of the generation and have had plenty missteps along the way but they've had some success stories too as have PS.

My issue with PS is that the last 2 years their first-party output has been low and we now know they've got nothing really to show this year either. At least the Xbox studios are starting to produce a steady flow of content and of course we are getting a showcase soon as well.

Yeah boy let's fuck this thread up console warring activateeeeeeeee 🙅‍♂️ 🐴 🙅‍♂️ 🐴 🙅‍♂️ 🐴

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

That projection..
Most of the games I play aren't from Sony.
They'll be coming, but there's enough to play in between.

Currently I play Predecessor and I have Helldivers 2 as well.

Why would I waste time whining about not having a date for a PS Showcase and act like the world is ending because of it?

Last edited:

Mowcno

Ir1PJil.jpeg

Well I applaud your decision Sir.

Just some advice you need to be more subtle when you're warring

Starting off a response with

Is very amateurish. This is console warring 101

Last edited:

Mowcno

This was likely to have been their highest rated exclusive since what... Forza Horizon 5?

Changing to multiplat just in time to stop a high metascore exclusive!

bitbydeath

Did you hit your head by chance, or are you from the multiverse?

eerik9000

That Sony studios are doing their job behind the scenes and Sony doesn't have to scream at the market to let people know they still exist like their dying competitor does.
We are back in 2020 when anglo-phonic media was panicing because Sony did not tell them everything they were planning.
IGN: Sony's PS5 Silence Is Deafening - Next-Gen Console Watch
JD-Gaming Playstation's Next-Gen Console – The Silence is Deafening
CCN: Sony’s Deafening PS5 Silence Loudens Microsoft’s Xbox Series X Party

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I feel like if Doom is coming for sure, then so is everything else. The floodgates be open.
Will MS offer anything for Xbox fans to not lose thier minds? Stay tuned!

- Timed exclusivity period?
- Exclusive add on levels?
- A free T-shirt?
- A free copy on steam?
- A free visit by Doom Slayer? (aka John Kane, aka Blazkowicz)
- Gold status on GAF?
- $100 of a portable xbox?
- Free gamepass for a year?
- A free gamepass sticker?
- Straight swap program for series X for a PS5
- All of the above?

Last edited:
Anything else would have surprised me, although they also have a PC release, PS is just outselling the XBOX, where it would be really stupid not to release it on PlayStation.

I would even argue it would be criminal, since businesses still have an obligation towards the shareholders to make the highest possible profit.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Anything else would have surprised me, although they also have a PC release, PS is just outselling the XBOX, where it would be really stupid not to release it on PlayStation.

I would even argue it would be criminal, since businesses still have an obligation towards the shareholders to make the highest possible profit.

Well technically, the counter arguement would be it could undercut any future xbox sales completely, thus giving you less opportunity to sell your game and keep 100% of the revenue, plus 30% of other games sold on each unit.
Plus no more units to sell gamepass on which requires critical mass to succeed.
So it's not quite that black and white, even if it turns out to be the right long term decision.

xHunter

I feel like the last State of Play was more of a mini showcase, than an actual SoP. It didnt even have the usual branding. So it could still feature first party games.

mdkirby

I don't know what you're talking about wiitht this.

Yeah, and it's been 3 years since TLOU2, 3 years since Ghost, and Barlog's been working on his "magnum opus" since 2019 or something. Not asking for the games to come out tomorrow, but let's see the fucking goods.
That’s generally not how Sony has operated for some time now. They have been drip feeding announcements then releasing games (pretty consistently) before announcing anything new. We no longer get big info blow outs for their far away future catalogue. Microsoft took the opposite approach and slapped together multiple CGI trailers for games that hadn’t even begun development at the time, such as hellblade and outerworlds, the latter even making a joke about how nothing existed beyond the trailer. Sony used to get a lot of complaints about the same stuff. People are gonna complain either way.

Killjoy-NL

Lets see if this time is "fucking nothing" again people will start to admit something isn't right...
What news are they going to tell?

That no 1st party games from existing franchises are coming this year?
Or that Concord is coming, which got a recent update where they stated that gameplay will be revealed very soon (it's slated for this year)?

We know that already. We also know all their studios are working on new titles as we speak.

We already had Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth and Stellar Blade.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
What news are they going to tell?

That no 1st party games from existing franchises are coming this year?
Or that Concord is coming, which got a recent update where they stated that gameplay will be revealed very soon (it's slated for this year)?

We know that already. We also know all their studios are working on new titles as we speak.

We already had Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth and Stellar Blade.
Considering all their last major franchises from big first party studios (thats SM2, Forbidden West, God of War Rag. And so on) had a announcement - launch gap between 1.5 to 2.5 years .. so lets use 1.5 years as a base but the real number should be at least 2.... anything from the big ones that is not announced now, is safe to assume that, should not comeout at least until early 2026...

They have been showing their big games and lauching them in this timeframe constantly.

So if you want to continue the hopium and what ifs , thats fine, but the math is not in our favor... if their strategy hasn't change and I believe has not to shadow drop games or even dont allow the proper marketing time.

So once again we can all go ... naaaa it will be fine ... and wait for the next naaa it will be fine moment. Or we can worry... and I worried... and have my reasons to be it.

Killjoy-NL

Considering all their last major franchises from big first party studios (thats SM2, Forbidden West, God of War Rag. And so on) had a announcement - launch gap between 1.5 to 2.5 years .. so lets use 1.5 years as a base but the real number should be at least 2.... anything from the big ones that is not announced now, is safe to assume that, should not comeout at least until early 2026...

They have been showing their big games and lauching them in this timeframe constantly.

So if you want to continue the hopium and what ifs , thats fine, but the math is not in our favor... if their strategy hasn't change and I believe has not to shadow drop games or even dont allow the proper marketing time.

So once again we can all go ... naaaa it will be fine ... and wait for the next naaa it will be fine moment. Or we can worry... and I worried... and have my reasons to be it.
What hopium?

There's enough games to play, so I'm not dependent on their output.
I have no interest in most of their games anyway, so chances are I might skip their next big title(s) and have to wait even longer.

Doesn't matter to me, tbh.

Hudo

Not that are other leakers who corroborate what this guy's saying but I also want to remind everyone that this is the same guy who was sure that the Switch Pro was coming and then gaslighted everyone that he meant the Switch OLED model all along.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
What hopium?

There's enough games to play, so I'm not dependent on their output.
I have no interest in most of their games anyway, so chances are I might skip their next big title(s) and have to wait even longer.

Doesn't matter to me, tbh.
Well so this is a no discussion whatsoever right ? Because in this specific case I was talking about first party output ... their third and second party remains strong ... I should have been more specific but my message was for Topher Topher and I knew he would understand

Now changing subject but no changing really.... there has been rumors that sony is holding their FP to be catered to the Pro because of the lack of power for (trully next gen games) on the Ps5 ... if thats the case.. as stupid as it sounds... at least would be a explanation, because tight now ? 4 years in the life span of the console... something isnt quite right.. at least for me.

Now changing subject but no changing really.... there has been rumors that sony is holding their FP to be catered to the Pro because of the lack of power for (trully next gen games) on the Ps5 ... if thats the case.. as stupid as it sounds... at least would be a explanation, because tight now ? 4 years in the life span of the console... something isnt quite right.. at least for me.

Nah that's so stupid lol. They'll announce Ghost 2/Venom alongside the Pro to show it off. That'll be their lineup for this year and next done. We're not going to see anything else because they are going to be 2026 titles+ besides maybe some CGI announcement at best for one of them, just to say "yes we do have a game"

Killjoy-NL

Well so this is a no discussion whatsoever right ? Because in this specific case I was talking about first party output ... their third and second party remains strong ... I should have been more specific but my message was for Topher Topher and I knew he would understand
Then why quote me and start talking about hopium?

Would make sense.

But since development takes longer nowadays, it isn't strange to not see their 2nd wave releases yet (outside of Spiderman 2 which was rather fast).

Also, a strong 2nd half of the gen is what we've seen with PS3 as well.
People were bitching and moaning about Sony 1st party output as well and look how that turned out.
They made a big change in strategy, shifting towards AAA story-driven games and see how that turned out.

We are seeing the same thing happening now, with Sony changing their strategy and adding GaaS to their catalogue and it seems that the 2nd half of this gen is going to see the release of their major 1st party current-gen titles.

And regarding the 4th year, did people really forget about the covid pandemic when this gen started, which extended the transitional phase in a way we have never seen before?
It's amazing how easily people ignore that.

Last edited:

midnightAI

When the supposed dying Xbox brand is the only one creating any excitement or hype for the industry what does that tell you?
That Sony hasnt announced their games yet?

And what hype and excitement around MS? Most of the talk around them is how much they are screwing up/laying off studios/most hyped first party games not doing as well as they should or even down right flops

That Sony hasnt announced their games yet?

And what hype and excitement around MS? Most of the talk around them is how much they are screwing up/laying off studios/most hyped first party games not doing as well as they should or even down right flops
No PS summer Showcase is a joke, you know it. Their last Showcase was a joke, you know it, I know it and everyone on here if they're truthful knows it.

midnightAI

No PS summer Showcase is a joke, you know it. Their last Showcase was a joke, you know it, I know it and everyone on here if they're truthful knows it.
And why do you care? You love the fact there isn't one so you can complain about it even though you have no interest in Playstation.

There is a Pro console coming, you really think they'll show off their new first party big hitting games on the regular PS5?

Edit: also, we don't know what this Playstation event will be yet (if there even is one) it's all rumours

Last edited:
And why do you care? You love the fact there isn't one so you can complain about it even though you have no interest in Playstation.

There is a Pro console coming, you really think they'll show off their new first party big hitting games on the regular PS5?

Edit: also, we don't know what this Playstation event will be yet (if there even is one) it's all rumours
Because I like Sony first-party content, and every gen before this one they've created amazing games. This generation (apart from Insomniac) they really haven't delivered, and I was hoping for a Showcase to at least show me something that's worth upgrading to PS5.

Top Bottom