• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nathan Drake's looking good (Uncharted 4)

Boke1879

So dreamy...
YwAwLp2.gif

She wanted him in the worst way!

popyea

Why does he look like a different person now that he's older? It has to be intentional, but to what effect? I appreciate that it has character on it's own, but it feels like a different character. Like he could be Drake's rival or something.

orava

It's most likely render of the original high poly 3d model. The normals, bump etc are then baked of it to the lower res game asset. Nice modeling job.

Eh, don't really care about the graphics if they do not fix the gameplay issues with the series. I really am hoping they are working heavily on improving the gameplay.
The gameplay was never the problem,
I look to uc mp as my proof.
But the story was my problem,
In uc 3,
Why would a hardened criminal like sully,
Take sass from a mouthy little brat,
When he could just pistol whip him for what he wants.
The banter seemed too forced and unrealistic,
Even by video game standards.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Why does he look like a different person now that he's older? It has to be intentional, but to what effect? I appreciate that it has character on it's own, but it feels like a different character. Like he could be Drake's rival or something.
Well there's a movie in the works, maybe they're trying to model him to somewhat resemble the actor who is gonna play him.

VinFTW

While Uncharted is one of the most influential gaming trilogies EVER for me, and I certainly believe this is IN GAME for ND... I just can't help it but to say that this looks NOTHING like Nathan Drake. I feel like every Uncharted his face has changed.

Unless they are going for 10 years older + heavy weight loss Nathan Drake in UC4, then this image is confusing! :/

Top Bottom