• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nathan Drake's looking good (Uncharted 4)

zW2kqE3.jpg

Can't even imagine how Sully, Chloe, Elena are all going to be like!

Seriously, Sully was already old in UC3 yet Drake wants Sully to go with him. Wonder if we'll get any we're too old for shit comments.

DLaicH

Wow, even if this is just cutscene quality, I'll still be very happy.

Its not,
Damn,
It seems everywhere I write,
The way I format my paragraphs is considered weird.
If it were in broken English,
Yeah id get it.

It's because you format your text like poetry rather than prose, so it reads like poetry, which is a little distracting on a gaming forum.

Uncharted true HD collection 1,2,3 and Abyss for 59,99 comes with the singleplayer demo for Uncharted 4(like they did with Ascension for TLOU) and a code for the multiplayer beta in September.

Game will launch in May or June.

MUnited83

For you.
Its funny how some think he is "too old now". Its like asking why Big Boss in MGS5 has so many wrinkles in his face doesnt look younger like MGS1. (when you think Snake, you think MGS1/2 Snake)

Is Drake supposed to look like a Korean super model, never aging jadventurer? If you want young looking characters that never age, stick to Japanese games. Check FF15. Every character has no skin textures nor detail on the face. They look like super models/dolls. Its super cringe worthy. (MGS being the exception - Kojima was aging Snake in MGS4 to add detail so he is ahead of the game there)

Erm.....

Truly no skin textures or detail at all. Sure. Come the fuck on now.

Mikey Jr.

Uncharted true HD collection 1,2,3 and Abyss for 59,99 comes with the singleplayer demo for Uncharted 4(like they did with Ascension for TLOU) and a code for the multiplayer beta in September.

Dunno man. ND was talking about how hard it was porting over TLOU to the PS4. Now we want them to do 4 games in less than a year?

Lo-Volt

Another vote in favor. And the vote on the back side of the ballot for an Uncharted Collection that lets me play the Uncharted games I missed with Nathan looking like that? Yes, honey. Also yes.

Yes, please.

Uncharted games have mostly released between September-November(not counting the Vita title). With Tomb Raider going timed exclusive on Xbox One for holiday 2015, Uncharted might be releasing around that time. Plus do we know from which day onwards Naughty Dog shifted their development efforts to Uncharted4? It takes a lot of time and effort to make games, let ND take all the time they want/need to send the franchise off in style with this final chapter! Drake needs some proper vacation time with Elena :)

not sure how they're gonna pull this off, even at 30fps. this one character model quality alone is just, insane.

The studio is called Naughty Dog, a studio that has some of the most talented and smartest programmers and artists who can pull it off! Trust in ND and you shall be rewarded!

not sure how they're gonna pull this off, even at 30fps. this one character model quality alone is just, insane.

It's possibly the best looking individual model we've seen so far this gen, but it's not orders of magnitude beyond other games that are either out, or in dev. We're probably seeing him under favorable lighting conditions, and thus far we've seen him sort of sweaty and moist to get that extra sheen coming off his skin. It's also wise to wait until we get an idea of the scope involved in the game before we start assuming they've made a deal with satan to get the framerate at 60... and we should wait until we get final confirmation that it's shipping at that, too.

Wow, even if this is just cutscene quality, I'll still be very happy.

It's because you format your text like poetry rather than prose, so it reads like poetry, which is a little distracting on a gaming forum.
Well im not trying to write a noir novel Or the illiad.
Its just a way words a written,
This is the new 60fps,
And people want it to be 30fps,
It just takes a bit if getting used to is all.

MUnited83

For you.
I dont think he's entirely wrong or off base at all. Also I dont think that picture of Noctis is in game, though I'd love to be wrong.

As much as of in-game as the drake one is (aka, you don't know until you actually play it). Both those images are renders made and presented by the companies that make the game and you will only be able to verify if they are true or not upon finally playing it.

wmlk

What a terribly ignorant statement.

tumblr_nc3xpiTz4T1siv3gmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nc9ywtRoVE1tqsbtgo2_500.gif

The opposite (and better) argument can be made. Not exactly ignorant.

I know you're informed well enough to know that the gameplay model and the newer CG do not look like that. Just be real.

Top Bottom