• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Ehh, totally expecting them to squash their beef tomorrow.

Nah, Kerr has suggested or confirmed a 4 Warriors + Westbrook and Westbrook+Harden+Durant lineup. I really want to see Harden have to distribute between them XD

Plus Lowry was gonna ask Brad Stevens for a 5 guard lineup

NightOnyx

He was invited but his injury didn't give him enough time to prepare apparently.

probably for the best. Gordon got hurt recently too and it certainly seemed like it was still bothering him as well, even if that drone dunk was unnecessarily complicated. Better to be at 100 percent and prepared, then to fail over and over again at a dunk.

Nothing in the dunk contest will be more disappointing than when JaVale dunked three balls at once then dunked on two hoops and ended up losing to Blake Griffin jumping over a Kia.
With a damn church choir and everything. The worse offense was that it wasn't even over the roof. He jumped over the hood.

Man, looking at it, the dunk contest was supposed to be ridiculous this year. LaVine, Gordon, Simmons, Larry Nance Jr. And then 3 of them got injured and the 4th decided that his chasedown blocks and in-game dunks weren't enough, he needed to perfect the Lebron and not show up

Trey

Last year's dunk contest was so special. The raw athleticism involved, the fact that with all those crazy dunks they executed them on the first try most of the time, the amount of control both dunkers had over their bodies, and for the most part it was low on props. The dunks had finesse and power. We'll be hard pressed to see anything like it again.

Seriously, Zach LaVine eastbay'd from one foot inside the freethrow line. That was his "shit, I gotta do something" dunk. Would've been the best dunk tonight by far.

TTG

So maybe I missed something creative, I wasn't paying attention for most of the contest, but why is everyone still jumping over people and random shit. Unless you have a giant mascot spinning around on a hoverboard, stay out of it. That's been old since early And 1 mix tapes, then Blake officially killed it like 6 years ago jumping over the hood of a kia.

Remember when people were funny and creative with their dunks? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIgGyDkTQQ

Lunar FC

So maybe I missed something creative, I wasn't paying attention for most of the contest, but why is everyone still jumping over people and random shit. Unless you have a giant mascot spinning around on a hoverboard, stay out of it. That's been old since early And 1 mix tapes, then Blake officially killed it like 6 years ago jumping over the hood of a kia.

Remember when people were funny and creative with their dunks? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIgGyDkTQQ

You complain about people jumping over people/things (which I agree with), but counter with a gimmicky ass boring two handed dunk? Man..

PRBoricua

I don't know what I was expecting, but that dunk contest was way worse than I anticipated. Aaron Gordon looked disinterested. Dude didn't finish one dunk on the first attempt, esp. the one with the drone, the time it took every time he missed and they had to reload the drone was awful, the crowd was dead the whole way.

The last two years spoiled me a little bit.

scoobs

So are we ready to admit Draymond is a dumb fuck yet? "Ky got me thinking about that. How do we stand on the earth if it's round?"

Servbot24

Banned
oh man that curry half court shot for charity video is cringey, lol

So are we ready to admit Draymond is a dumb fuck yet? "Ky got me thinking about that. How do we stand on the earth if it's round?"

This whole thing is by far the most strange/intriguing/disturbing storyline in the NBA this year.

Weak dunk contest. Whenever a big is in it I wish they would just throw on a Shaq magic jersey and rip the whole rim off/shatter backboard. Would be instant win, missed opportunity.

Messi

oh man that curry half court shot for charity video is cringey, lol

This whole thing is by far the most strange/intriguing/disturbing storyline in the NBA this year.

Curry chokes whenever the real pressure is on. Easy to hit half courts vs the 76ers but when it's for charity nah.

Festus Ezeli didn't take getting shut down while trying to deliver a locker-room speech well

IQ7NvH4.jpg

Also, after the crowd this year, when are we going to give props to Toronto for having a great fanbase. Their arena is always so packed and loud, anytime I see it.

Marz

Festus Ezeli didn't take getting shut down while trying to deliver a locker-room speech well

IQ7NvH4.jpg

Also, after the crowd this year, when are we going to give props to Toronto for having a great fanbase. Their arena is always so packed and loud, anytime I see it.

Here's me giving props.

Please don't let the Celtics get Jimmy Butler

if they can get him without gutting their young assets it's a no brainer. I'd trade both Brooklyn picks for Butler. Butler/IT/Horford with Brown on the come up is a really good core for the next 2-4 years, especially if Cleveland ends up declining faster than people thought.

Top Bottom