• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Gigglepoo

U4RLZ_2C.jpg:large

Something is afoot!

lol I had no idea these existed before today but apparently last season the Lakers forced Kobe and D'Angelo to participate in an awkward ass photo shoot

Kobe-Bryant-D'Angelo-Russell-X159986_TK1_16.jpg

Kobe with the "kill me now" face

efefc553d4abdf2c8f6a07e53b171deb.jpg

b6a76c98c718353d0e944b176a10ebfd.jpg

Kobe didn't give a fuck about these young bloods.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pau and Bynum

Neither of those 2 are as good as either of these 2 at their peak. Even still those 2 were fierce when actually healthy but bynum was never healthy.

He was suppose to be our Lou Williams, Bismack Biyombo type signing this year.

He was suppose to have resurgence.

Celts fans who actually watched were laughing at people suggesting he would be anything for them. Guy is absolute trash. Couldn't even get on the floor against the Hawks he was so grossly out of shape.

Your Deron Williams to the Cavs trade, people. Here's what the Mavs should reasonably get:

- a 2021 1st round pick (if it cannot be traded, then 2021 swap rights, plus a 2021 2nd)
- a 2023 1st round pick
- swap rights in 2019 (if they have a pick)
- swap rights in 2020 (if they have a pick)
- swap rights in 2022
- draft rights to the already-selected Osman.
I can also see a lot of other ways that a trade could happen. The only things that matter are "D-Will to Cavs" and "full compensation to Mavs" at the end of the day. Maybe a third team added. Maybe an even bigger package that includes BOTH Bogut and D-Will, and maybe even more Mavs players besides. Maybe on the Cavs end an even bigger play. Might as well bring up Kevin Love in conversation, right? Love is a valued body to some extent, but I have questions as to how valuable he truly is to the Cavs (big salary, often injured, he's out now and the team is struggling even with him, and of dubious contributing value to the team success in playoffs), so that is one asset that could be milked here.

http://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks/story/1757219-mavs-cavs-deeply-involved-in-d-will-talks

All in for the tank?

I think Okafor might be salvageable and we need bodies at the 5 man :/

Mejiri sucks and is over 30 and it's not right having Dirk start at center at 38. Bogut is clearly going to be gone.

We need something for the future and at the very least Okafor could be a serviceable backup who can score similar to when Brandon Wright was here.

I think i met a gaffer tonight at dinner. Was a big time Laker fan but gave up on them because of Kobe and switched to a Lebron fan.

I had to be nice because he was an old

The big market team guts their roster to trade for their hometown all star SF instead of just waiting to sign him as a free agent. Where have I heard this story before?

hi-res-109383261-executive-chairman-james-l-dolan-and-carmelo-anthony-of_crop_north.jpg

Don't do it, Mitc--I mean Earv.

Top Bottom