• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Bread

Banned
I'll just go back to my initial prediction; Danny is not going to do ANYTHING of importance again this year.
and that's ok

Not really. I don't think I'd pull the trigger on that trade unless there's someone as good as, say, John Wall in the draft. (I don't watch college ball so I have no clue how good those kids are).

Remember, Myles Turner might be really good. He and George could be a great core moving forward. Pacers wouldn't move away from that for nothing.
There are multiple elite prospects in this draft, it looks to be the best one in years. A core with 3 of the Celtics guys + Fultz + Turner would be pretty incredible (and very cheap)

Sandfox

pacers don't need pieces, we need a second star. this trade seems bad for both teams.
That's not a bad trade for the Pacers. They would just start building around Turner and potentially the player they draft.
Shockingly, you'd have to give up something of value to get one of the league's best players.

I'd pass on that. The draft pick wouldn't be good enough and I don't even know if Mudiay is good.
Mudiay lost his starting spot to Jameer Nelson so...

Tom Penny

Not really. I don't think I'd pull the trigger on that trade unless there's someone as good as, say, John Wall in the draft. (I don't watch college ball so I have no clue how good those kids are).
Celtics are on pace for 50 wins with a top 4 pick coming with key players getting paid nothing. The end game is longevity and getting past the Cavs and GS. Not get a little better and gutting the team.

Gigglepoo

There are multiple elite prospects in this draft, it looks to be the best one in years. A core with 3 of the Celtics guys + Fultz + Turner would be pretty incredible (and very cheap)

Who's Fultz's comp? And would you give up 2 of the young Celtics (Bradley + Brown?) with the Nets pick?

Celtics are on pace for 50 wins with a top 4 pick coming with key players getting paid nothing. The end game is longevity and getting past the Cavs and GS. Not get a little better and gutting the team.

I know the Celtics situation. Just saying they need to give up a lot to get a player is good as Paul George.

Cornbread78

The Green-teamer force is strong.....

Picks, picks and more picks. Keep the picks coming. Let's stock pile young talent and picks until they spill over into Europe and then get more picks! Go Green go!

random25

That's not a bad trade for the Pacers. They would just start building around Turner and potentially the player they draft.

That's a bad trade for both. Pacers are not getting franchise players in there, and Boston is destroying what they have established right now.

Both Thomas and Bradley's contracts are up after next year. The Celtic's salary cap situation is going to get much less favorable after that.

Bread

Banned
Who's Fultz's comp? And would you give up 2 of the young Celtics (Bradley + Brown?) with the Nets pick?
He's a 6'4" PG who can create his own shot and get to the basket with ease. I see a bit of Harden in him.
And yes I think that would be the perfect deal for us.

Jarate

Banned
I just want to fucking die right now ;-; Why did we replace Hinkie with Bryan Fucking Colangelo. Who thought it was a good idea.

Sandfox

That's a bad trade for both. Pacers are not getting franchise players in there, and Boston is destroying what they have established right now.
Your ignoring that George isn't happy with the current situation and will leave if the don't become a contender. This would be a really good return for him.

gutshot

Not only did the Sixers trade Noel for pennies on the dollar, but Embiid's knee is still bothering him and he is going to need at least another week of rest. Disaster.

random25

Your ignoring that George isn't happy with the current situation and will leave if the don't become a contender. This would be a really good return for him.

He's happy with the Pacers right now. Plus he'll get more money from re-signing. It's not like he's on a bad situation right now.

Tough spot for the Celtics, but in the best way.

I can see trying to build around young talent, but that's a long process. IT is cheap, right now, but guys like him, Bradley, Smart, etc. are going to get paid at some point. At the same time Al Horford isn't getting any younger. If you wait for these guys to develop, you're likely going to have to replace him with someone else down the road.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Per Amick ; "Paul George - barring a title chance in Indy - is hell-bent on heading for Laker Land. This message has been sent throughout NBA".

Per Amick ; "Paul George - barring a title chance in Indy - is hell-bent on heading for Laker Land. This message has been sent throughout NBA".

Yet his agent apparently told Denver he wouldn't sign with them because they can't compete with the Warriors and Spurs.

lol RIP Nuggets

Bread

Banned
So weird, I don't understand why George would be unhappy with the direction of the Pa-"[Amick] On that front, I'm told Pacers' Larry Bird is still trying to get Paul George help as deadline nears: talking with Kings about Arron Afflalo"

oh ok yeah you should probably leave Indiana

Cornbread78

He's saving them to draft small point guards.

That can't shoot.

So weird, I don't understand why George would be unhappy with the direction of the Pa-"[Amick] On that front, I'm told Pacers' Larry Bird is still trying to get Paul George help as deadline nears: talking with Kings about Arron Afflalo"

oh ok yeah you should probably leave Indiana

SMH, why Affalo when the mighty Gay is available.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I wonder if Boston gets the #1 pick in the lottery; do they offer IT + the 2018 pick + 2 of the core 4 for Butler or George in the offseason.

Can someone explain to me why Derrick Rose seems to not care about anything, he seems like the biggest passive aggressive NBA player I have ever seen. He never seems to have an opinion on anything, whats his problem?

He is the least passionate NBA player I have ever seen. Its like he hates playing or something.

I saw him after the first knee injury where he was crying thanking the fans, I was like this dude is cool. Now he seems so what ever. What happened? Did he get scorned by someone?

Bread

Banned
bjn07hlivv6y.gif

Love me some draft hype :D

Can someone explain to me why Derrick Rose seems to not care about anything, he seems like the biggest passive aggressive NBA player I have ever seen. He never seems to have an opinion on anything, whats his problem?

He is the least passionate NBA player I have ever seen. Its like he hates playing or something.

I saw him after the first knee injury where he was crying thanking the fans, I was like this dude is cool. Now he seems so what ever. What happened? Did he get scorned by someone?

He's rich beyond his wildest imagination.

Top Bottom