• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Kerr resting everyone is very interesting. I don't usually buy into fan conspiracy theories, but this does seem like Kerr telling the NBA their scheduling stinks.

The schedule does stink and the NBA season is too long, but I feel like the league is in too deep at this point to change it. They should shorten it, but TV networks and sponsors would go ballistic and fans would get hit with higher ticket prices.

The league probably has to penalize teams somehow who rest guys, but then that gets into a weird area because how do you decide when a guy truly, objectively does not need a rest?

Next season is going to take some out of pre-season to start earlier iirc, and there was this thing about the NBA working on sleeping pods or some shit like that.

I'm really glad Harden doesn't play in an exhausting way.

A major thing about people who say this rest issue is new - defenses and offenses also require you to run around way more, always being active

That being said, sometimes a tug of war is exactly what you want. Maybe a situation where some teams rest their players for certain games while the NBA sometimes gets involved for others is just better. IMO, it's a big part in why the NBA is better than NFL in having its shit together: the players, owners, and NBA have to maintain a balancing act, and at some point that push-pull makes the product as a whole better, because no one side can get lazy.

Line_HTX

Mike D'Antoni with his 500th win, wow... I could only imagine what this team would be like if he had the Steve Nash from the Suns days that went to the WCF.

Jarate

Banned
drn7JpS.jpg

This is way too advanced of stats

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So Jaylen had a good game?

He did. He continues his good shooting. He looks much more comfortable and fluid. Can clearly see the work he's put in paying off. He doesn't attack as much right now it seems he's more focused on getting his shot together, which will open things up for him even more. He also is always good for a few plays where he shows you why he has a ridiculous ceiling.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I love the fact that Kerr is saying a huge F-U to the league for the scheduling and perceived refereeing in recent games (which has been really poor). This just castrates a nationally interesting broadcast and sends a clear message that they need to fix their bullshit.

Mike D'Antoni with his 500th win, wow... I could only imagine what this team would be like if he had the Steve Nash from the Suns days that went to the WCF.

Those Suns teams were really, really good and really fun to watch. It absolutely sucks that they never won a title.

Celts fall to 3rd in the loss column barring a ridiculous comeback.

Losing to Atlanta in the playoffs again is going to be so much fun!

Aytumious

Banned
I love the fact that Kerr is saying a huge F-U to the league for the scheduling and perceived refereeing in recent games (which has been really poor). This just castrates a nationally interesting broadcast and sends a clear message that they need to fix their bullshit.

And there is the added bonus that it could cost them homecourt in the playoffs.

Fjordson

Wow, just heard the LaMarcus Aldridge news. Terrible timing, but hopefully he is back soon fully healthy. I don't know much about heart arrhythmia, but it seems like he's missed time in past years before coming back with no issues so that's good.

With Kawhi and LMA out it is a bit unfortunate. Would really help their seeding to win tonight. But what's done is done. Would be pretty bad PR I think for Kerr to change his mind because of SA's injuries.

I'm not even sure that's what Kerr is doing to be honest, he could be trying to light a fire on his guys through some mind games. Look at the Iguodala weird ass comments, something fucked up is going on with the Warriors. They look like a team that knows they are getting Jokiced in the playoffs if they grab the top seed.

I'm not even sure that's what Kerr is doing to be honest, he could be trying to light a fire on his guys through some mind games. Look at the Iguodala weird ass comments, something fucked up is going on with the Warriors. They look like a team that knows they are getting Jokiced in the playoffs if they grab the top seed.

What comments?
Got a link?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Sure that is possible but it isn't as important as staying healthy and rested. Honestly don't think the warriors, if they are healthy, are worried about the spurs regardless of homecourt. They are still way ahead of the cavs.

It looks to me like Kerr and Pop are on exactly the same page and if Parker was iffy at all Pop saw that Kerr was sending a message and is willing to actively support it by pulling his guys as well. What would have been a must-watch game this year is going to come down to 2 bench units duking it out...that is so epic. I won't turn on my TV for this game in support of what Pop and Kerr and trying to accomplish. Fix your shit NBA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVHzioGPrWE

Gilbert Arenas

Gilbert Arenas said:
I want every player to look at this statement!! @russwest44, this is why you need to let that anger towards #KD go. Clown ass statements like this is why players leave to chase rings. If you don't have a ring your value as a player ain't worth shit. Your legacy is capped off. Westbrook you will be forced to leave OKC at some point because the media will attack you like they're doing #melo. Let's get something straight, a championship ain't got shit to do with how good you are. Your ring success is determined by the owner and your gm: are they building for rings or are they building to just keep making the playoffs? The delusion that surrounds rings is unreal. Your gm picks the players. The coach coaches the players the GM is picking and when they cant win the GM fires the coach like it's his fault ����. This reminds me of a line in Friday when smokey was talking to his mother:
coach: "give me the players"
gm: "here"
coach: "wait wait wait wait a minute ,what's this? This ain't enough"
GM: "make it enough"
coach: "Damnnn����"
In the last 26 championships only 10 teams have been champions and 3 of these teams are new owners coming into the game: Cuban (2000 and won in 2011), labor and guber (warriors,2010 and won a ring in 2015), Dan Gilbert (2005 and won a ring in 2016). You take these new owners out u have 7 damn teams: lakers, Boston, pistons, chi, miami, spurs, Houston. Two of these teams aint won since the 90's: chi, houston. If u take these two out, that's 8 rings. Add this with the 3 new owners, you have 11 rings since 2000. This is what u have minus the 3 new teams: lakes, lakes, lakes, spurs, pistons, spurs, miami, spurs, Boston, lakes, lakes, miami, miami, spurs. 14 rings only 5 teams. Three of those teams had to super-up to win a ring Shaq was part of one of them. This shows only a few teams will put them selves in position to win. The rest ain't trying to win a ring so if you're a player stuck in a city that's not Spurs, GS, or Cavs then you're wasting your legacy in the city you're playing for. But the media will tell you the sky is the limit. Everyone is not lucky to be drafted by an owner who actually likes basketball. Most just look at it as a business

Wonder what fools aren't going to be tuning into this Spurs-Warriors game, I wouldn't miss it for the world now

Next week: Harden injured.

Jazz vs Celtics in the Finals confirmed.

Idk man, Pop and Kerr rest players, D'Antoni said he doesn't like doing it and the only game Harden didn't play the last 4 season iirc, was the game after Harden kicked Lebron's balls.

Also, Jazz? When talking about injuries?

Why would I not be surprised if Kerr and Pop colluded to orchestrate this fuckery?

Pop wouldn't work with another team... come on now. He is probably just going light cause Kerr did what he did and he feels he can win.

With four starters out I don't think he needed to push too hard.

Did he really start that w/ "What would a dumb a nigga say...." and then end it with "I just do what massa say..."

damn... I'm not even sure what to take from that other than he really didn't agree with wherever the line of questioning was headed and that he really didn't want to get into specifics about anything.
They were mad at the officials and the loss, more than likely. Kerr also has quite the temper and he probably makes people mad as players are still human. Coaches make players mad all the time and when you lose your angry and say stuff so who knows. Isn't a big deal imo and will blow over when they start winning again.

TTG

This Pels/Charlotte OT is fun.

Iggy has a point, the media expects empty platitudes and will jump all over them if they say anything else. As far as his phrasing, this is far from the only time he's gone there. He has uncommon sharpness and an acerbic tone, what was his comment last year about teams stopping them when the police were dominating the media cycle, they'll just have to shoot us?

phanphare

Banned
Wait a minute, Cousins he spent all OT on the bench because Alvin didn't want to play him? Ruh roh.

spent most of the 4th quarter on the bench as well, he didn't play after getting his 5th foul

his body language and effort were off all night which gets highlighted further against an agile hustle type big like zeller

Tom Penny

Wait a minute, Cousins he spent all OT on the bench because Alvin didn't want to play him? Ruh roh.

Cousins is a loser on the court that hasn't made his teams better. Possibly the greatest empty stat player that I can recall. How did Miami get randomly good?

Top Bottom