• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Sandfox

I honestly believe nobody is untouchable on the Lakers including Ingram and D'Angelo.
Magic Johnson will trade anyone for a player he loves watching or tweeting about.
Nobody on this team is undtradeable. If the Lakers get a really good deal that they feel will be for the betterment of the team they should take it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I doubt it. Not in a draft perceived to be this deep. Even still, it's not like top 10 picks are sure things. Russell is not the next Chris Paul or Steph Curry, but he's also a 21 year old PG averaging 15/5/4 (20/5/3 on 44% shooting since the All Star break) in his 2nd season. The odds of getting a player at that level or better, even with a top 10 pick, is pretty low. People seem to think that lottery picks are gold ignoring the fact that when you really look at it, more often than not they end up being role players or rotation players.

I'm more speaking from my perception of their value, personally I don't see any reason to pull the trigger on "blowing it up". It's like blowing up a pile of rubble. Russell has clear upside. However I personally think randle is a bum.

Edit-and believe me I know. It's why people critical of Danny singed drafting is pretty stupid tbh, he rarely if ever picks anywhere of actual value. Tony Allen, Avery Bradley, Al Jefferson, and several others were solid pickups for where they were drafted.

I'm more speaking from my perception of their value, personally I don't see any reason to pull the trigger on "blowing it up". It's like blowing up a pile of rubble. Russell has clear upside. However I personally think randle is a bum.

Edit-and believe me I know. It's why people critical of Danny singed drafting is pretty stupid tbh, he rarely if ever picks anywhere of actual value. Tony Allen, Avery Bradley, Al Jefferson, and several others were solid pickups for where they were drafted.

I think it's a perception issue with lottery picks. I have been critical of Julius myself, but he's averaging 13/9. He is fairly skilled. He can play. He's not an all star, but he's probably good enough to stick around the league in some capacity as a productive player for 10 years. That's not a bum or a bust. Look no further than the guy taken two spots after Julius, Noah Vonleh, who in his third season can barely get on the court, for evidence of much worse it can be and how much of a crap shoot even lottery picks can be.

This team needs to be blown up. All of it. every piece.I hope it looks very different come October of this year. I would be open to trading everyone.

Moz and Deng......................jesus Jim. Its like you were sabotaging the team.

Man, Lakers fans...

Taking 3 years to rebuild isn't bad at all. Neither is taking 4. Around 5 you're at serious concern level, but you might have also just had really shitty luck.

Trading everyone? What are you gonna get, honestly? 2013 Lakers but worse?

Man, Lakers fans...

Taking 3 years to rebuild isn't bad at all. Neither is taking 4. Around 5 you're at serious concern level, but you might have also just had really shitty luck.

Trading everyone? What are you gonna get, honestly? 2013 Lakers but worse?

Just tired. This DST really has me messed up today.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think it's a perception issue with lottery picks. I have been critical of Julius myself, but he's averaging 13/9. He is fairly skilled. He can play. He's not an all star, but he's probably good enough to stick around the league in some capacity as a productive player for 10 years. That's not a bum or a bust. Look no further than the guy taken two spots after Julius, Noah Vonleh, who in his third season can barely get on the court, for evidence of much worse it can be and how much of a crap shoot even lottery picks can be.

Yeah bums a strong word. I more mean I don't think he'll ever be a legit starter. He may find a niche eventually but well see.

Randle can do some things but I personally can't stand watching him play, everything he does is so janky with no finesse to it. Doesn't seem to be a willing defender either.

Blowing it up wouldn't make much sense for the Lakers, they'd have to give away assets just to move Deng or Mosgov. I still think Russel and Ingram can be really good, the problem with Russel is I think he's much more an off ball secondary ball handler than a primary one since he lacks a real explosive ability to get into the lane and break down defenses but seems to be pretty crafty in pnr situations setting up guys and a decent stroke. Ingram I do think has a really high ceiling tho, it's just going to take some patience to get there.

But, for my sake and the Sixers sake, gimme dat 4th pick please and I hope they never get good :).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
9 minutes, 14 seconds into the game, ricky rubio has 10 assists.

If only he could shoot....

Final four

Nas Illmatic vs Pac
Notorious vs Em

Final two
em vs pac

I don't know. Thoughts?

They went with Pac

E:Jordan starting, DeAngelo on the bench. Luke getting ready for next season

Spurs #1 in the West for a day. Probably won't last long, but the fact they even are at this point in the season is pretty remarkable.

The Spurs and LeBron being complete anomalies are all time NBA storylines. LeBron putting up a vintage season in year 14, and the Spurs being an elite, 60 win team despite losing Duncan and Manu/TP being shells of their former selves. Teams aren't supposed to be able to do that. It's insane how well run that organization is. In a weird way, the Spurs are answering that age old NBA question of "what would have happened if Len Bias hadn't died?"

Servbot24

Banned
The Spurs and LeBron being complete anomalies are all time NBA storylines. LeBron putting up a vintage season in year 14, and the Spurs being an elite, 60 win team despite losing Duncan and Manu/TP being shells of their former selves. Teams aren't supposed to be able to do that. It's insane how well run that organization is. In a weird way, the Spurs are answering that age old NBA question of "what would have happened if Len Bias hadn't died?"

Pop the best coach, when he leaves there's gonna be a notable downtick

pislit

Grizzlies forward Chandler Parsons has been diagnosed with a partial tear of the meniscus in his left knee. Parsons will be out indefinitely as the team fully evaluates the appropriate course of action.

The Allan Houston rule is a decade way ahead of its time.

Top Bottom