• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Ripenen

I don't watch much college ball but I watched the Gonzaga vs. West Virginia game last night. Man what a difference vs. the NBA. On one hand I'd be curious to see defense played like that all the time in the NBA, but on the other hand most of the offensive possessions were so ugly, and the constant foul calls got annoying. It did make every bucket feel like a victory though.

Marz

I think the Jazz win that first round matchup, the Clippers main strength with Jordan and Griffin being so athletic is almost neutralized by Gobert being there to meet them at the rim every play.

Fjordson

I don't watch much college ball but I watched the Gonzaga vs. West Virginia game last night. Man what a difference vs. the NBA. On one hand I'd be curious to see defense played like that all the time in the NBA, but on the other hand most of the offensive possessions were so ugly, and the constant foul calls got annoying. It did make every bucket feel like a victory though.
I'm a college bball fan, but sadly it's gotten ugly these days.

The most talented players are almost never in college for more than one year so by the time they start to come into their own they're long gone and in the NBA.

Ripenen

I'm a college bball fan, but sadly it's gotten ugly these days.

The most talented players are almost never in college for more than one year so by the time they start to come into their own they're long gone and in the NBA.

On The Ringer NBA podcast the other day they said NBA coaches these days are having to teach basic basketball skills to new NBA players because most of the players coming into the league are guys who have are just so athletically gifted that they've never faced much competition. Because of that when they get to the NBA and face much better competition, they need to be taught the fundamentals of the game just to remain competitive.

On The Ringer NBA podcast the other day they said NBA coaches these days are having to teach basic basketball skills to new NBA players because most of the players coming into the league are guys who have are just so athletically gifted that they've never faced much competition. Because of that when they get to the NBA and face much better competition, they need to be taught the fundamentals of the game just to remain competitive.

That's one of the biggest reasons Okafor struggles, he's no doubt growing up just sat on the low block and cheesed guys with post spins and never had to learn anything else on offense and not bothering to learn defensive fundamentals and now he has to do more and he has no clue what to do.

valkyre

Holly shit Giannis had an insane 1st period 17pts 8rebs 3as 1stl 3blks and a windmil dunk straight out of a dunk contest... Crazy...

spyder_ur

That was crazy. I was flipping back and forth a bit because of the NCAA games, but saw he had 40 then 50 and paid more attention.

Celts were in control the whole game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Shaq looking like a goddamn table cloth
C7urcDYVUAAntJl.jpg

Serious question, how do you feel about Josh Jackson?

I like him very much. I love his court vision, his size is very good for a modern wing and there's some great potential there. That being said, that shot sucks and he'd be slightly redundant with Jaylen. I'm conflicted, but I'd like the pick.

However I'm such a fan of Fultz that anyone else in the draft doesn't look too exciting lol.

What the hell is up with the Suns, anyway? They have a decent line-up...

They shut down Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe, and Tyson Chandler. Their starting five of Tyler Ulis, Devin Booker, Derrick Jones Jr., Marquesse Chriss, and Alex Len has an average age of 21 years and 14 days, making them younger than any of the remaining teams in the NCAA bracket.

They've engaged full-tank, but at this point they only have a shot at catching the Nets.

Sandfox

They shut down Brandon Knight, Eric Bledsoe, and Tyson Chandler. Their starting five of Tyler Ulis, Devin Booker, Derrick Jones Jr., Marquesse Chriss, and Alex Len has an average age of 21 years and 14 days, making them younger than any of the remaining teams in the NCAA bracket.

They've engaged full-tank, but at this point they only have a shot at catching the Nets.
Nobody is catching the Nets. They would have to play over .500 basketball while other teams completely lose out.

TTG

Harden with another big game, this time against the Pels. I feel for Boogie, he's wrestling and pushing all game much more than anyone else in the league, at least in the regular season. Non stop every time down the court and that's his game, so it's not like it's all inflicted on him, but the refs are watching him and call a tech at the slightest movement.

So, he's wrestling for 20 seconds of the shot clock, a whistle sounds and a split second later he's still engaged and that's a tech. Or he's complaining because guess what, that kind of contact against other people is called all the time, but that's a tech for him complaining because he's apparently not allowed to at all. Tonight they went to review 2 plays at the end of the game for possible offensive flagrant fouls on him, neither review resulted in a call, but it breaks momentum and he feels targeted.

People saying he just needs to stop acting like a jackass, it's not as simple as that. He's always in the process of being moved and shoved and shoving and moving people and to the refs he's the opposite of Steph Curry, call it every time down. That's gonna result in a bunch of techs and bullshit.

Top Bottom