• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K Skills Experience coming to PS VR? Trophies revealed

http://www.pastapadre.com/2016/11/19/nba-2k-experience-coming-to-psvr

Despite the launch of multiple virtual reality headsets – led by PlayStation VR, Vive, and Rift – sports games haven’t played much of a role with them as of yet. There are currently no league-licensed titles for VR but it appears that’s about to change. The trophy list for the “NBA 2KVR Experience” has leaked out revealing some of what to expect from the game which could release within the next few months but has yet to even be announced by 2K Sports.

https://www.exophase.com/game/nba-2kvr-experience-ps4-2/trophies/

I can imagine 2K using the old 2k7 method of motion controlled Freethrows coming to life in PS VR with the DualShock 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIThojSLOxU

labaronx

Im fully expecting vr integrated into mlb the show in some form

Also hoping madden brings back the qb cam and wii u like controls for ps4 next year as at least an add on

Stillmatic

Keen. Although shooting with Move controllers probably wouldn't work that well, as whenever you have the controllers in front of the headset tracking goes wonky for a second.

Keen. Although shooting with Move controllers probably wouldn't work that well, as whenever you have the controllers in front of the headset tracking goes wonky for a second.

My dude, who taught you how to shoot a basketball that you are shooting from your face? The ball is normally above your head centered or off to the side of your dominant hand, and besides it will probably me more accelerometers like the NBA 2K7 game, and it work very well in 2k7

53ba52e28f6c3837fc992df973c11e88.jpg

jaypah

The trailer imo doesn't look too good. The game is standalone and releases tomorrow November 22 for $15 for all vr platforms except oculus according to pastapadre.PastaPadre. Here's the trailer...

Thanks. Kind of looks like trash. It appears to have you line up your shot with the white dot then just press a button? No motion controls for shooting the ball? No thanks. There are already multiple ways to shoot baskets with motion controls on Vive so I'm probably never picking this up.

Similar to headmaster? Cool.

Headmaster looks dope (no PSVR to try it) because it's using the same method of control that you would expect; your head hitting balls. This game seems to not use the method of control that I expected, which is motion control. Maybe you can use motion controls and the trailer just focused of the lowest common denominator setting of using a controller?

PrinceKee

Thanks. Kind of looks like trash. It appears to have you line up your shot with the white dot then just press a button? No motion controls for shooting the ball? No thanks. There are already multiple ways to shoot baskets with motion controls on Vive so I'm probably never picking this up.

Headmaster looks dope (no PSVR to try it) because it's using the same method of control that you would expect; your head hitting balls. This game seems to not use the method of control that I expected, which is motion control. Maybe you can use motion controls and the trailer just focused of the lowest common denominator setting of using a controller?

Yea, I didn't notice that at first but you're right. That will be disappointing if it doesn't have motion controls at least...

jaypah

Yea, I didn't notice that at first but you're right. That will be disappointing if it doesn't have motion controls at least...

With Move, Vive controllers and Oculus having Touch right around the corner I don't understand why they would go this route unless it's a cash-grab meant to be sold to as many people as possible. Might as well add a GearVR version with "tap head to shoot" mechanic.

But again, maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself and it does support Move and Vive controllers. Guess it's a wait and see type of deal for now.

megalowho

HoopsVR is a surprising amount of fun on Vive, but using motion control to simulate shooting a basketball is what makes it work. Nice to see NBA 2K trying things out but not sold on the gameplay mechanic they're going with.

Top Bottom