• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 Unplayable on Xbox One

Yeah, that's the message that pops up if the game disk isn't in the device. I'm guessing it can't read the disk, so try taking it out, wiping off the bottom and putting it in again.
Trust me I've done that a million times, very frustrating. Ryse works fine though, which is both strange and upsetting.

benjammin

You're either lying through your teeth or have no idea what you're talking about.

You can play offline on the PS4.

I wasn't able to start a game on ps4 until I linked my account with the online system and created a my player. The only thing I could actually play was the heat vs spurs game while it installed. I don't think this issue is exclusive to the xbone

So disabling the network connection on my PS4 gives me this on the main menu

"Quick Game"
"My Career"
"My GM"
"Features"

My Career (don't have GM mode save) will not load with my existing character. I have to create a new one. I assume GM is the same. So saves created while online don't like to be offline. Is this how the One works or not at all?

That's insane. Why are we hearing about 2K drm now? And it doesn't come with a Season mode either?

Nightz

I had the issue where I couldn't connect to the 2K servers for a few days on PS4. I played Quick Games and My Career just fine. This is not the same issue.

Apollo

Banned
PSN had problems but the only thing u couldn't do was play the park. While offline u could play MyGM, Qiuck Match and even a offline Mycareer.

Replicant

Yeah think it the same on PS4.

Not a xbone issue.

01P6qiB.png
Yeah, about that.....

I can go disconnect my ps4 from the internet right now and play my copy of 2k.
I own the game on PS4 and I assure you, this is not the case.

Yes an Xbone issue.

spwolf

There were many reports of people unable to do anything on NBA 2K except play quick games on PS4 launch day. 2K's servers suck.

lol, no. Quick games were while the NBA2k installs fully - during background installation, you can play quick games. Doesnt have anything to do with internet at all.

Iacobellis

What are you alluding to?

CBoaT alluded to something about a month ago in an Xbox One, and PM'ed Bish and I THINK Kagari the details about it. I was under the assumption we wouldn't know until the console reviews went out or until the system was released.

mik

mik is unbeatable
2k works just fine offline on the ps4. I have it digitally as well.

It does now, yes. But it had the same issues for lots of people the first couple days on PS4. Check Ronnie2K's twitter feed. (or ask your podcast co-host, who couldn't play offline for days)

pompidu

Cboat is insistent that there's going to be shitstorm. No one but Bish knows what exactly that entails because things can change.

If things go smoothly, we'll probably never know.

its gotta be something to do with sony losing an ip or something. or a xbox price drop

It does now, yes. But it had the same issues for lots of people the first couple days on PS4. Check Ronnie2K's twitter feed. (or ask your podcast co-host, who couldn't play offline for days)

I believe he has it on disc which may be part of it.

But yeah, I didn't read the entire thread, I read the OP and the first couple responses saying they didn't know if the ps4 version was the same way... and from what I saw (buying it digitally on day one) I answered how it was for me. It worked online and off.

2k always had funky drm on the ps3 though so finding out you need to get it online atleast once doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They need to start getting called on this bullshit.

Malreyn

I've read that you can't play all modes, if a game isn't completely installed.

Bought NBA 2k14 digitally (took hours to dl, in hindsight i don't reccomend doing it), you have to do an initial download, then you can only play quick match until you fully download the game (game will install at a rate of 4% an hour or something)

Bought NBA 2k14 digitally (took hours to dl, in hindsight i don't reccomend doing it), you have to do an initial download, then you can only play quick match until you fully download the game (game will install at a rate of 4% an hour or something)

That depends on your download speed, of course. I had the entire game downloaded in 2.5 hours... but i have 100mb down.

PBY

Banned
PS4 requires online for a bunch of random stuff. We had a thread on this. And I discovered this after launch too.

:/

Top Bottom