• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

RBK

Banned
The article sums it up pretty much, and I don't think it will change anytime soon really.

They need competition to push them again.

Striker

I can't get my copy to properly load. It starts up, shows all the team logos and then prompts me to press Circle to dismiss. As I do that a pop up error comes up. It's done that several times, even after a reboot.

Other games are working fine.

lmao there is no salary cap in the career mode

finished another season and i was already playing with anthony davis and jabari parker in the year 2018. we just added stephen curry and james harden, and I'm the center

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Free weekend on Steam! First time playing a Basketball game since NBA Jam in the SNES. Is there co-op on the PC version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFvwGvN-LY

Crazy comeback I had in the finals, 36 seconds and 9 points down against the Raps.

I would have been sweating if this was me lol. This is too close of a game for me. It's either I'm up by ten or nothing. I can never let it get this close , but good job on that comeback. Idk how you was able to get that steal off derozan (as 2k15 likes to make it OD hard to get one snatch) but it was tight.

Dwalls

Neo Member
I made a big mistake. I bought this game during the steam sale after initially skipping it on launch because I was/am upset over the VC nonsense 2K keeps ruining their NBA games with. I usually play mycareer pretty much exclusively and it feels like the grind is even steeper this year. I guess I have rose tinted glasses because last year I just simmed a bunch of mygm to get the VC required to make my dudes competitive. I wouldn't mind but the game this year seems to be a lot harder for no sensible reason. I ended up throwing my controller at my bed at mach speed because the game is infuriatingly frustrating.

I play PG and I literally cannot get my teammates to do anything besides stand around the 3pt line dreaming about playing basketball. I can't dribble because my stats are poop and you get sucked into contact animations from miles away and I can't shoot because this new shot meter is broken. I used to get perfect releases virtually every shot I took, I'm lucky if I can get a perfect release once every 25 shots this time around. If I do manage to penetrate past the contact animation and blow past my dude, he still manages to get back to contest my layup every single time which apparently drops my chances of making it to sub 25%. If I dish to a wideopen teammate dreaming at the 3 point line, his matchup will pull a starship enterprise and will warp from the bottom of the key over to the 3 point line to contest the shot, which my teammate will brick. Even if the shot is uncontested by some miraculous fortune they will brick the shot. Kevin Martin the "Premier outside threat" is shooting 11% or something from beyond the arc. I can't pass inside from a pick&roll because my player will do a shitty lob pass that travels at the speed of an elderly tortoise and will be intercepted everytime. I wish the defensive end was better but I can't get the contact animations to happen for me. Every single point guard will blow past my attempts at contact like they lubed up before the match and will sink layups at will since my teammates are too busy thinking about what they had for lunch to rotate. Lord forbid I'm facing a team with a good post player because they're apparently utterly unstoppable to my teammates. Blake Griffin dropped 42 buckets on me, and that's with me abandoning my man to go try and contest his shots.

This game feels a shit ton worse to play than 2K14 ever did. I'm currently on a 9 game losing streak and there seems to be no end in sight. I've tried everything in my power to get the win but it feels like it's utterly impossible to do so now. Even when I do insanely well stats wise we still get blown out by 20 points or more. I'm scoring 20+ points, getting 10+ boards, and dishing 10+ assists per game and we still lose and it's on superstar difficulty. I played hall of fame in 2K14 but given how angry playing at superstar makes me I probably shouldn't go up any further.

TL;DR this game sucks balls and I regret buying it.

RS4-

I play PG and I literally cannot get my teammates to do anything besides stand around the 3pt line dreaming about playing basketball.

I forgot what setting it is, but it's something about calling smart plays after you cross the halfcourt. Something like "play offense through xx" and they'll actually run plays, and good ones too.

I picked the game up for $11 on Amazon, first time I've played 2k since 11. I'm shocked at how much the gameplay and feel is pretty much the same. It plays well but man, I guess I was expecting something a little more different or refined in 4 years. Still pretty fun.

Bread

Banned
I picked the game up for $11 on Amazon, first time I've played 2k since 11. I'm shocked at how much the gameplay and feel is pretty much the same. It plays well but man, I guess I was expecting something a little more different or refined in 4 years. Still pretty fun.
what console? i ordered it for xbox one and it hasn't even been shipped ffs, they don't have a shipping estimate or anything.

genjiZERO

I really don't get the controls in this game. I'm finding it very frustrating to play (I've never played an NBA2k game before). In particular defense makes no sense at all. I'm following the tutorial videos but it just keeps switching men and moving them into bad positions.

How is the EA basketball game instead? I stopped playing sports games over a decade ago because they got too complicated for my tastes.

somehow I just got called for a travel. In a fucking videogame, what?

Smokey

I really don't get the controls in this game. I'm finding it very frustrating to play (I've never played an NBA2k game before). In particular defense makes no sense at all. I'm following the tutorial videos but it just keeps switching men and moving them into bad positions.

How is the EA basketball game instead? I stopped playing sports games over a decade ago because they got too complicated for my tastes.

somehow I just got called for a travel. In a fucking videogame, what?

Stick with it. 2k is very intimidating for new comers.

i created a league with my friend a month after this came out but i've been unable to make a new league ever since despite trying once a month....i just want to play classic dl rosters with my friend but its impossible, thanks for a broken game 2k. on pc btw obviously since why would they give a shit about steam.

Sorry for the bump everyone, but I just got this game and I'm not seeing any playable turorial, only videos. Is this for real? No tutorial?

Thanks!

i wish 2k would do cross platform play. this game's online was DOA due to the server issues, and even then mypark was only populated for a few weeks. i don't want to buy the next installment on ps4 because then i couldn't play with my best friend who i play with on PC, but we can't play against anyone else online anyway, it sucked!

Sorry for bumping this thread, but is there any simple way to update the rosters for NBA 2K15? I tried downloading updates via the quick game menu but it constantly says the roster files are corrupted. I've downloaded the latest game update and I've been able to connect to the 2K servers, but I jusy can't get the roster update to work.

StereoVsn

nope just the videos. 2K14 had it. But it's not in 2k15

Yeah, I just picked up 2K15 on a whim since I haven't played a basketball on a console in years, and the lack of tutorial was puzzling as hell. The videos are decent though, plus need to actually read the controls in the "manual" (even PDF manual sucks). However, there is freeplay where you can practice some offensive moves and scrimmage which does not count toward any career stuff.

Plus, you can set your user settings way high for all kinds of minute stats and set the game on rookie mode (well, you can also set CPU low), so that got me through initial bewilderment. I have to say I am enjoying MyCareer mode so far (just played a few hours), haven't seen that done well in any other sports game (mostly EA titles).

I am confused on VC points though. How difficult are they to earn? It appears 2K is quite stingy with them and you kind have to buy. How much stuff do you have to plow into your player to get decent on Pro or All-Star modes?

Yeah, I just picked up 2K15 on a whim since I haven't played a basketball on a console in years, and the lack of tutorial was puzzling as hell. The videos are decent though, plus need to actually read the controls in the "manual" (even PDF manual sucks). However, there is freeplay where you can practice some offensive moves and scrimmage which does not count toward any career stuff.

Plus, you can set your user settings way high for all kinds of minute stats and set the game on rookie mode (well, you can also set CPU low), so that got me through initial bewilderment. I have to say I am enjoying MyCareer mode so far (just played a few hours), haven't seen that done well in any other sports game (mostly EA titles).

I am confused on VC points though. How difficult are they to earn? It appears 2K is quite stingy with them and you kind have to buy. How much stuff do you have to plow into your player to get decent on Pro or All-Star modes?

VC is easy to earn using MyCareer. if you really wanna load up on VC I suggest downloading the NBA2k15 app for your phone and doing the card game. You earn tons of VC daily.

StereoVsn

Yeah when I first got the game I got the app to build my character for MyCareer. surprisingly addictive game

Yeah, It's actually not a bad game at all and you really don't need to spend anything for boosting MyCareer it seems. 2K points, bunch of cards, etc... all through 20 games today, not too shabby. I wouldn't have even thought of using mobile game since most companion apps suck. I basically got the game for MyCareer and MyGM and the daily gains are pretty cool.

Yeah, It's actually not a bad game at all and you really don't need to spend anything for boosting MyCareer it seems. 2K points, bunch of cards, etc... all through 20 games today, not too shabby. I wouldn't have even thought of using mobile game since most companion apps suck. I basically got the game for MyCareer and MyGM and the daily gains are pretty cool.

Yeah I'm over the game now, but at launch it was very useful and a bit addictive.

Top Bottom