• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Sandfox

Yeah I don't get it. How are we a free agent after one season? What happened to rookie contracts? Are they not a thing anymore?

I'm guessing they did it this way so that you have a chance to play with someone else since you don't exactly have control over the draft.

zychi

Banned
Did anybody else pre-order via Best Buy? Are you getting an expected delivery of Wednesday, Sept 30th too?

This is complete bullshit.

Yeah, I preordered weeks ago for the Jordan edition, changed my mind about owning it, and I was supposed to get it today. It didn't even ship until today. I'll be returning it when it comes. Shouldn't say "FREE RELEASE DATE SHIPPING" if they dont actually intend to do it. Store pick up for me from now on

Clevinger

Not sure why I expected more from Spike at this point, but I did. The dialogue might even be worse than last year. Somehow.

Dominator

Really wanted to like this story mode but some of these cutscenes are horrible. Some are also feel like they are 10 minutes plus.

Zukkoyaki

So what's everyone's impressions so far? Is it worth buying if I already own 2k15?
I'm pretty impressed actually, especially with the career mode improvements.

You can skip the stupid cutscenes, teammate AI is better (once you get to NBA), and the story isn't quite as cringeworthy.

Rebounding has improved tremendously as well. You're no longer getting your rebounds ripped away by point guards as a 6'10 PF with A- rebounding stat

ViciousDS

Banned
Is retirement an option -_-

Utah and Brooklyn are not that bad......lol

But my PG who is 6'1 can fucking jump and grab rebounds...... In high school lol.Also L2 was originally the post button 3-4 years ago before they switched it to triangle. What fucked me over was the pick and roll being moved

Can anyone confirm pre-loaded 2K16 on PSN or XBL unlocks right away? since some of us missed the early DD release. If not I'll grab it at GS or BB.

Miracle

With the Center guy, I got...the 6h pick.

I swear, college part of story is preventing me from scoring as much as possible. Everytime I get like 8-10 points in the first and/or second half, they take me out. Getting over 20 points is very difficult.

ViciousDS

Banned
any shooting tips? i cannot get a rhythm going...shot meter does nothing for me because it's impossible to hit anywhere near the mark.

Hitting the mark isn't 100% either. What's your position and style that you chose?

Edit: those celebrations are awesome! It was weird hitting a game finals winner and they just kind of look like they made a game winner in pre season lol. It was awkward

I didn't think it was possible but the more I play the worse I get...lol

You know you're having a terrible time when you make the Knicks look like the greatest defense of all time...ugh

pKvmiel.jpg
whew

Misterhbk

Man the game feels sluggish as hell and I can't even blow past people. I'm a sg for Christ sakes, the ai are always on top of you.

It's really tough to drive by guys, even when you get them in the air or the first step. They're always on you, especially on hall of fame. Plays are almost a necessity. ISO ball is near useless (which is good and bad). But Westbrook and Roberson look like the best defenders ever lol

Sandfox

Seems especially bad this year though. I'll see how it is once I get my rating up, but as of now gameplay is a step back from 2k15.

IIRC you start off with a lower rating than in other years and they improved the defense this year. People were getting away with dumb things in previous years so now they are trying to force us to actually work for shots

Yup, I don't know if it the usual lack of VC in your player or if it's the sluggishness of the game this year:/

I have VC I just don't want to use it because I feel like it might be a waste for right now. Especially since I'm not getting much

IIRC you start off with a lower rating than in other years and they improved the defense this year. People were getting away with dumb things in previous years so now they are trying to force us to actually work for shots

This is true and I like the challenge but it does get frustrating when you, your character can't even knock down open jumpers. That's where it just upsets me. I get good looks, I'm chilling, almost perfect release but nothing. Even free throwing is a joke. I'm worst than the rookies I'm playing with. It makes no sense lol

Top Bottom