• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Got all the badges....except posterizer :( my guy always elects to finish with a layup
This SG is beginning his ascension to a 99 though. took about half a season to grind it out.

abuC

under accolades it shows you how many tipped passes you've gotten. I have 52!

Also aBuc just snatched someone's soul

https://youtu.be/3FuwMRb5WaI

Not in my house! I haven't used my big man since I had the 10blk game, I might try and get him to 99 soon, he's still not maxed out for Inside or defense, think I'm 17 on both.

I stopped using him mostly because he's only a 90.

Break Starter guards are broken in My Park. You can cheese the cheesers with them.

I'm starting to think tall guards really neutralize 7'3 Centers in My Park. They can't guard you on the perimeter and they usually stick inside the paint. And when they try to post you down, spam steal. I got the timing down pretty much perfect so I don't need to spam but it's so satisfying beating My Park centers.

Man I gotta figure out how to use my SG correctly on the team. I know how to use my point and make him as effective as possible within the team structure but I'm still figuring out when and where to attack from

It's like when Wade and LeBron first teamed up!

abuC

Man I gotta figure out how to use my SG correctly on the team. I know how to use my point and make him as effective as possible within the team structure but I'm still figuring out when and where to attack from

It's like when Wade and LeBron first teamed up!

After you left we played the 54th ranked team, kept it very close despite being small and we should have won...

After you left we played the 54th ranked team, kept it very close despite being small and we should have won...

We should have! It might have made a difference having one real big man that game theirs went like 12/13. We shouldn't have been playing 2k that late though we always lose when we just won't stop playing

abuC

We should have! It might have made a difference having one real big man that game theirs went like 12/13. We shouldn't have been playing 2k that late though we always lose when we just won't stop playing

When you play small you give up 2s vs 3s, if we defended the three line and didn't turn it over their big could have dropped 50 and it wouldn't have mattered, they had 15 pts off turnovers. Also, I had to rotate a lot off their big because people were chasing the ball for steals and when I came over to stop them he'd get the rebound or they'd dump it off to him. There was a lot of unnecessary doubling from Lone, and I was ending up guarding his guy a lot.

We've played some small teams now that have beaten our big lineups, that team earlier had a 6'7" PG at C, we had a 7'0" and 7'3" frontcourt and they still won. If we go with a big center, I think trying a 4 guard lineup around that player is something we've never tried, all these small teams have 1 big, with everyone else almost always being a PG to SF.

Yeah I forgot what actually happened that game lol. lone was way too aggressive on both sides of the ball. That lineup is fire when we're playing right. The first couple games started out hot and then slowed down in the 2nd and 3rd. We were out rebounding bigger guys we just got to limit the mistakes we were making.

abuC

Yeah I forgot what actually happened that game lol. lone was way too aggressive on both sides of the ball. That lineup is fire when we're playing right. The first couple games started out hot and then slowed down in the 2nd and 3rd. We were out rebounding bigger guys we just got to limit the mistakes we were making.

I think maybe Grbac's SF who is 6'10" at PF would work, where you get moved back to your natural SF spot.

I want to get one man fastbreak and breakstarter for my PF, I think the one man fastbreak from PF would work great because there were times when I pushed the break we got easy shots. Try to copy Golden States lineup of death.

abuC

Made it to Greatest of All time using tier 2 and 3 teams, my most used teams are the Kings and I've been using them since they were tier 3. They are really good, you can slow the game down with them and use WCS in some weird matchups to stop guys on the perimeter and switch Rudy Gay onto defending most power forwards.

Made it to Greatest of All time using tier 2 and 3 teams, my most used teams are the Kings and I've been using them since they were tier 3. They are really good, you can slow the game down with them and use WCS in some weird matchups to stop guys on the perimeter and switch Rudy Gay onto defending most power forwards.

I really would like to see you play Smokey one day, another gaf player who made it to that tier, but the guy just had a child and is completely washed up now

Ok. So I decided to make a 6'3 SF Balanced. Dunno why but let's see how this goes. Made him on a different account tho so I can use him in the park with other friends.

Edit: actually, nvm. I won't make him on another account. Kinda stupid to start with 0 VC lol. I wanted to make a short post player without sacrificing the mid range. And be a damn good defender.

Double edit: wth max contract from the magic out of my rookie season with terrible stats lmao.

abuC

I really would like to see you play Smokey one day, another gaf player who made it to that tier, but the guy just had a child and is completely washed up now

He said he plays off ball, we're pro am players, off ball defense is a no go!

All jokes aside, I've tried using some of the classic teams and most of them really suck, mainly the ones from the 60s to very early 90s. The ones I like the most so far are the Sonics, Penny & Shaq Magic & Dream Rockets, most of the other ones can't shoot the three.

abuC

Ok. So I decided to make a 6'3 SF Balanced. Dunno why but let's see how this goes. Made him on a different account tho so I can use him in the park with other friends.

Edit: actually, nvm. I won't make him on another account. Kinda stupid to start with 0 VC lol. I wanted to make a short post player without sacrificing the mid range. And be a damn good defender.

Double edit: wth max contract from the magic out of my rookie season with terrible stats lmao.

Have you tried him in Pro Am yet? I'm curious if they put him at PG or SG, that would make him extremely good defensively because strength is at 94.

I've been thinking of making some off the wall player, like a 6'8" center that I put playmaking and Athlete at 20 from the get go so I can just grab the board and go, good teams know that break starter is coming, but when I use my PF and push the break it almost always leads to an open shot. I have 90k vc from doing play online and pro am, so I can get an 88 rated player pretty quickly a 6'4" SF would have rebounding at 81 so I'd still be able to grab boards and go.

I am never playing another game where I'm lying down on my back close to passed out. I slept earlier than I always do and I'm still feeling hung over as hell. I was so damn bad that last game

abuC

I am never playing another game where I'm lying down on my back close to passed out. I slept earlier than I always do and I'm still feeling hung over as hell. I was so damn bad that last game

Happens to us all, I had a 8 turnover 1-7 game with my big PG, everything I tried didn't work.

I absolutely positively love the playmaking C, he's so much faster than 7'3" centers and despite only being level 16 with rebounding I can rebound against big 5s. We need to try it with 3 shooters on the wing, and maybe a big shooting SF like Arec or Grbacs, it almost always leads to an open look and if the shot is early enough their center isn't back in the paint so I have inside position in case the shot misses.

Abu you missed the best foul out ever. Just straight up ran into a guy and got a blocking foul with about a minute left. his buddies were just as outraged and quit with him!

6'3 SF has been ok so far. Lack of confidence in anything further than a middy destroys my game. I got Steve Nash on him and he's money from mid but 3's are lacking. It's killing me.

Abu and grbac, you guys are lucky haha. We got trashed but I told my squad that I play with you guys all the time so it's not going to be easy but they insisted that they would just feed me the ball. Told them that wouldn't work because you guys know how I play. Plus, one of the players was a girl (I think...) and she kinda falls asleep on defense lol.

I'm gonna have to catch you guys with a real crew soon. It sucks that I don't really have many friends that know how to play their roles. I get tired of hearing my cousin whine for the ball and blaming me for the L because "I scored X pts so I did my part." but he finishes the game with a D+ teammate grade.

DryvBy

It looks like NBA 2K17 Legend Edition popped up on Amazon. Thanks, Wario64!

81PbtEpN6iL._SL1500_.jpg

The NBA 2K17 Legend Edition includes-

Physical Items:
Limited-edition Kobe poster
Black Mamba controller skin
2 Panini Kobe trading cards

Digital Content:
30,000 Virtual Currency
MyTEAM Bundle + (including 3 packs with guaranteed Kobe Free Agent card)
2K Kobe XI shoe
Kobe #8 Mitchell & Ness Jersey
Kobe hoodie
And more!

Arec we saw you in that park last night. Grbac doesn't like Pro-AM anymore so he wasn't budging but we're going to have to get some balling in

So I read curry got a range and off the dribble shooting boost in the latest patch? This patch will work during my in progress franchise mode right?

So I read curry got a range and off the dribble shooting boost in the latest patch? This patch will work during my in profess franchise mode right?

Doubt it. Once you start a season, it's basically like it's own roster at that point. I think if you're playing MyLeague, you can probably edit the player to match his buffs? I'm not sure.

Xater

Yeha I tried it because it's on PS+ and it's incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't already know how to play these games. The offense "tutorials" are a joke. Just showing a short video explaining stuff in such a shallow way barely helps. Defense is apparently not important because they didn't even bother making a video for that. So of course I have no idea what I am doing. How you can ship a game like this I don't know.

Koko

Banned
It's error 923b16b7 a common thing?

I was just trying the Myteam mode and it happened twice during matches that I was winning. It's there any solution to the problem?

ryseing

Is it possible to be picked in the top 10 in career? I don't see how unless you dominate every minute of the four games.

I shouldn't care so much but I do. Whole thing is half baked and I'm playing it to laugh at the dialogue.

It's error 923b16b7 a common thing?

I was just trying the Myteam mode and it happened twice during matches that I was winning. It's there any solution to the problem?

Yeah it's common. Try reinstalling. I had a lot of issues with the digital version so much that I couldn't even start the damn game and I bought a physical one and almost all the issues went away. That one still pops up once in a while but I don't play MyTeam that often.

Is it possible to be picked in the top 10 in career? I don't see how unless you dominate every minute of the four games.

I shouldn't care so much but I do. Whole thing is half baked and I'm playing it to laugh at the dialogue.

Yes it's possible. I went 1st in one of my draft but I averaged a quadruple double on rookie lol.

Top Bottom