• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k22 PS5/XSX - Is it worth buying if one already has 2k21 NextGen?

keraj37

Hey, does anyone here have NBA 2k21 and 2k22 (both next gen console versions not PC or XONE/PS4)?
And can tell me if there are any improvements in graphical department or anything else making it worth a dime?

I couldn't find any info on what has been improved, if anything, nor could I find any good comparison.

Thanks

keraj37

You know, the youtube compression makes it really hard to judge the visuals of the game even in so-called 4k mode, but in terms of gameplay I already watch some, and nothing really makes me want to have it.

Last edited:

MastAndo

I have both for XSX and I'm not noticing much in the way of graphical improvements. The lighting in the intros looks better and perhaps a bit during the games, and the colors seem to be a bit more true to life. 2K21 had an issue where reds looked pink, so it improved on that front. Some of the face scans look better as well. If you're looking for marked graphical improvements that will immediately jump out at you over the next-gen 2K21, you won't find them here.

Gameplay wise, it's a different story as there are definite improvements there. A lot of the sliding around has been cut down and it plays really well, especially defense, which feels really tight. It's tough though as AI defenders put the clamps on you, so if you're not a wizard with the dribble stick (which I am not), you're basically calling for a pick every time up the court...which is actually cool by me. The dribbling seems more responsive/fluid and shot meter looks to be a nice improvement as well. I'm not at all a pro at this, so I'm throwing up bricks left and right particularly with my created player. There's definitely a learning curve to work through here.

Last edited:

Artistic

I think that's a question you can only answer yourself.

For me, NBA 2K is the only series I'll willing commit to paying for year to year. Big fan of the NBA/Houston Rockets.

keraj37

I have both for XSX and I'm not noticing much in the way of graphical improvements. The lighting in the intros looks better and perhaps a bit during the games, and the colors seem to be a bit more true to life. 2K21 had an issue where reds looked pink, so it improved on that front. Some of the face scans look better as well. If you're looking for marked graphical improvements that will immediately jump out at you over the next-gen 2K21, you won't find them here.

Gameplay wise, it's a different story as there are definite improvements there. A lot of the sliding around has been cut down and it plays really well, especially defense, which feels really tight. It's tough though as AI defenders put the clamps on you, so if you're not a wizard with the dribble stick (which I am not), you're basically calling for a pick every time up the court...which is actually cool by me. The dribbling seems more responsive/fluid and shot meter looks to be a nice improvement as well. I'm not at all a pro at this, so I'm throwing up bricks left and right particularly with my created player. There's definitely a learning curve to work through here.
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

I think I buy it but when its on sale for PS5.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Hey, does anyone here have NBA 2k21 and 2k22 (both next gen console versions not PC or XONE/PS4)?
And can tell me if there are any improvements in graphical department or anything else making it worth a dime?

I couldn't find any info on what has been improved, if anything, nor could I find any good comparison.

Thanks
My brother has both and I really didn't felt the difference...I feel like sports fan are being scammed in general.You dhould probably buy the game every 3 years to maybe get a slight feel of the difference.

Nba 2k22

Thanks
Visually its polished just a tad bit more but it does play better than 2k21. So far defense is muuuuuch better and it feels alot more grounded. Stamina runs out faster so you have to manage it better. Nba 2k21 was a roughone.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
video games GIF

Big sports game that’s what I play

Top Bottom