• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

pislit

Hidden footage of Russel Westbrook in his sunken place right now.

QMq7qiL.gif

FZZ

Banned
As everyone jizzing over Westbrook had been saying the entirety of the last few months of the regular season and into the post season

MVP is a regular season award

TTG

The triple double is meaningless.

But it makes it easier for casuals to analyze players so whatever.

One more reason to respect Lebron's game that I had not considered at all before this season: he does not chase stats. If it took Westbrook's blatant season long campaign to realize it, better late then never.

One more reason to respect Lebron's game that I had not considered at all before this season: he does not chase stats. If it took Westbrook's blatant season long campaign to realize it, better late then never.

LeBron just drops a consistent 28/7/7 on 50% shooting like it's nothing. The fact that you still have people saying he "coasted" through the season is reason enough to give him MVP. He's so incredible people sit there with a straight face and act like 16-17 was an off year.

FZZ

Banned
I question if Kevin Love constitutes as anything other than an offensive weapon that only sometimes works let alone a bonafide all star

Kyrie suspect too

🤔

mjp2417

Banned
LeBron just drops a consistent 28/7/7 on 50% shooting like it's nothing. The fact that you still have people saying he "coasted" through the season is reason enough to give him MVP. He's so incredible people sit there with a straight face and act like 16-17 was an off year.

There is no individual stat that suggests LeBron had the best regular season and his team underperformed relative to talent level and expectation. The fact that both his individual and team performance skyrocketed during the postseason does suggest he coasted (this is not a criticism; it's a rational approach for a 32 year old with the tread of a 37 year old to take during the overlong NBA regular season). It also suggests he is still the best player in the world when he decides to be, which isn't what the regular season MVP is ultimately about. I mean, I don't think Shaq deserved the 2001 MVP.

TTG

MVP discussion aside, my point was I appreciate the man deciding his game is not about aggregating stats on day one(well, I didn't always keep up with him in early Cleveland days, but hey). It's beneath him and Russ hijacking OKC's season to go for it shows they're in different realms, those platitudes about Lebron playing the right way almost don't sound corny tonight.

I thought the NBA Awards was pretty good. Surprised to see mostly negative impressions online after. The Drake and Will skits sucked. And they did Steph dirty with the Get Out skit. That was fucked up. Don't know why they had a whole skit dedicated to Steph who wasn't even there nor was up for any awards. People and teams getting clowned live was funny as fuck though. Maybe my expectations were low, making it seem better than it was.

DJwest

LeBron is so under appreciated, I mean goddamn.

I thought the NBA Awards was pretty good. Surprised to see mostly negative impressions online after. The Drake and Will skits sucked. And they did Steph dirty with the Get Out skit. That was fucked up. Don't know why they had a whole skit dedicated to Steph who wasn't even there nor was up for any awards. People and teams getting clowned live was funny as fuck though. Maybe my expectations were low, making it seem better than it was.

The show itself seemed alright, it's just the timing of it that's terrible. Needs to be before the playoffs. I think the timing of it stopped a lot of people from giving it a fair shake.

beat

There are the only playoff team in the west with only one player that has or will ever sniff an all star team, every other playoff team has 2, 3 or more. The point is the he said it was just a narrative that Russ didnt have much as teammates and thats just not true.
When OKC blew its own 3-1 lead in 2016, Steven Adams looked like a potential monster. Then in the 2016-17 season, I vaguely gather he made no progress?

Sandfox

Imagine the alternate universe where Dolan drafted Lonzo

You do realize the 2013 #1 pick doesn't even play in the NBA anymore, right?

I said "one of". That class ended up churning out some nice players and Bennett was considered to be a bad pick even then. We'll see what this class does in the next few years.

jmizzal

MVP discussion aside, my point was I appreciate the man deciding his game is not about aggregating stats on day one(well, I didn't always keep up with him in early Cleveland days, but hey). It's beneath him and Russ hijacking OKC's season to go for it shows they're in different realms, those platitudes about Lebron playing the right way almost don't sound corny tonight.

LOL Hijacking the season? They were the 6th seed in the west, they maxed out, he made the team watchable

Some of yall are acting like he went for the triple double while they were a terrible none playoff team

When OKC blew its own 3-1 lead in 2016, Steven Adams looked like a potential monster. Then in the 2016-17 season, I vaguely gather he made no progress?

Adams is the one piece on that team who would be a good starter for the top teams, Spurs, Warriors and Cavs would love him as there starting center

Servbot24

Banned
Kyrie for George if it gets both LeBron and George to commit to stay is a good trade. Only problem is I wouldn't want to do it for just a verbal commitment.

Trey

LeBron is so under appreciated, I mean goddamn.

More like normalized. No one is shortchanging his greatness by suggesting he didn't deserve MVP this season; he'll just have to settle for being considered the consensus best player in the world and an all time great.

Anth0ny

Kyrie for George if it gets both LeBron and George to commit to stay is a good trade. Only problem is I wouldn't want to do it for just a verbal commitment.

George is barely better than Kyrie though. Maybe not even.

Either way, Cavs would need both to beat the Warriors.

Without Durant/Ibaka, opposing teams were able to focus more on Adams and just packing the paint in general. He's still a nice player, but he won't be able to have the kind of impact he had in the 2016 playoff run unless/until OKC can get some shooters and space the floor again.

Take Adams and stick him on a team like Houston or GS and he'd look like a superhero out there.

It's beneath him and Russ hijacking OKC's season to go for it shows they're in different realms...

Jesus. That's...not what happened.

Right but LeBron might leave as things are. Getting him to stay is what would make the trade worth it.

I can't imagine LeBron staying without Kyrie. He's his go-to guy in Cleveland. Also, I think a deeper bench wins them game 3. Their biggest issue was that Korver turned out to be a total dud in the finals. I'd still move Love for George given the chance, but Love was much better in the finals than he had been previously, so that's not a must. The East doesn't seem to be getting much better, so they probably have another relatively easy path through the playoffs. I'm not sure Wade and/or Melo gets them over the hump, but it's not as bad as it seems at first glance. They don't need to be as fast as the Warriors' starters as long as they can let LeBron rest a bit. Still, their egos would be the biggest issue, as sitting them when they can't keep up could cause problems in the locker room.

Top Bottom