• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Nafai1123

Banned
PG isn't as good as Curry nor will attract the same defensive attention. My ultimate point is Klay as a number on a team wouldn't win shit. He can be eliminated because he's not a great ball hander, play maker or ISO player. Just him and PG don't do damage in the West either. Obviously if you add YNB a top 10 player..you're auto good.

Ball, Klay and PG would make shit happen.

Brandson

Masai seems like a smart GM so I highly doubt he'd be this blindly loyal to a single player. Anybody is available if the right deal comes along.

If Demar is moved, no star re-signs in Toronto again for 10 years. That's a pretty big downside to trading him. Raptors need to establish that they take care of their best players.

Billups watch: Day 8
Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

Still a long shot fwiw to me
Ainge is outta fucking control.

You answered your own question. Klay is a great player who who would allow PG to still be the team leader and get more open looks. Also nothing embarrassing about having few assists when it's your job to catch and shoot.

Btw I would love to see a team of PG13, Klay and Westbrook someday. :)

One day, we will get the Paul George - kawhi combo Indy nearly had

But tbh, seeing kawhi, Paul George, and Butler all on the same team, with their similar archetype and abilities to play 2-4 and be ridiculous defensively, is something I really want to see one day, even if only via the Olympics. Hopefully Pop in 2020 allows for that

Masai seems like a smart GM so I highly doubt he'd be this blindly loyal to a single player. Anybody is available if the right deal comes along.
Masai was the new head of the Nuggets when he traded Melo, Billups. In Toronto, he was also responsible for trading bargnani to New York, and Rudy gay to Sacramento. Gay and bargnani were 1st and 3rd in ppg in 2013 for the team, if you consider that star level

So yeah, if DeMar seemed likely to leave, Masai would probably act ahead of schedule

Marz

Ehhh... Cavs are declining and could potentially be a few dudes that are checked out this season the way this summer has been going and the rumors going around.

That team beats Cavs. Paul George is like a lower tier KD but the type of player that works over the Cavs and with that supporting cast? They can beat the Cavs

The Cave are not declining lmao they literally walked through the East and Kyrie hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Bread

Banned

But tbh, seeing kawhi, Paul George, and Butler all on the same team, with their similar archetype and abilities to play 2-4 and be ridiculous defensively, is something I really want to see one day, even if only via the Olympics. Hopefully Pop in 2020 allows for that
That defense would be so fun to watch.

It would almost be as good as the Smart/Hayward/PG/Tatum/Brown defense!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Still take the trio of Dray/Klay/KD but I'm a biased Warriors fan.

Lol at making your junior high class write guilt trip letters to convince an athlete to stay.

At least get some kindergartners to draw cute pictures or something.

Kickz

Ainge fake hustling trying to get both PG and Hayward, when they don't fit together.

He'll probably keep the assets and resign Olynyk

Dignity? What's that? We'll do anything to keep our dude.

19331084_1494977660.7325_updates.jpg

And our new draft pick Donovan Mitchell posted a picture of downtown Salt Lake with the caption 'home' some dude took his picture and drew an arrow to the Mormon temple and tried to recruit him to eternal salvation.

What a state!

Edit:
🤔
fzhFEuV.png

Hayward should probably leave...

What's the word around the Jazz organization? They don't seem to sound desperate considering they have a great team still. Are they confident Hayward is staying?

What's the word around the Jazz organization? They don't seem to sound desperate considering they have a great team still. Are they confident Hayward is staying?
Radio silence. Aggravating that we can't get any kind of feel for the situation because they are saying literally nothing.

But they are handling business as usual and they haven't made some kind of move that looks like a desperate attempt to keep him.

Jarate

Banned
I want to start a hot take accountability website that people can use to judge peoples hot takes and how accurate they are. I'm sick and tired of bad hot takers being paired with good ones

Knicks have "'legitimate' interest in resigning Derrick Rose."

I remember the days when there was a Knicks-GAF. And then one of them turned and became a Nets fan because the Knicks were a joke.

I think that has worked out for all parties involved.

Top Bottom