• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

WOJBOMB said:
After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheVertical

wut

----

WOJBOMB2 said:
Sources: After Paul informed Clippers he'd sign w/ HOU in FA, teams agreed to deal sending Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 FRP for Paul.

Fjordson

What does Phil being a hall of famer have to do with this present situation? He's been awful. Whatever talent he had as a coach clearly didn't translate to the front office position.

Also think the game just passed him by. Things have changed a fair amount since his last stint in LA.

edit: WOW @ CP3 news.

Bread

Banned
holy fuck the Clippers got Decker

giphy.gif

Im going to miss slam decker so much

And even if we got Chris Paul I still intend to make Beverley the first jersey I get. I love Patrick Beverley so fucking much

But holy fucking shit Morey you mad man

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Crazy to think Clips got a bigger return for an actual UFA in Chris Paul than the Bulls got for Butler with 2 years left on his contract

Rvaan

Banned
Harden and CP3 running a D'Antoni offense? Things are gunna get interesting.

Side note: what's the o/u on total games won by the home team in the Staples Center this year going to be?

Ball dominant player who is historically great at mid range jumpers joins team with ball dominant player at same position that treats mid range jumpers like the plague.

I don't get it, but I like it!

beat

What does Phil being a hall of famer have to do with this present situation? He's been awful. Whatever talent he had as a coach clearly didn't translate to the front office position.

Also think the game just passed him by. Things have changed a fair amount since his last stint in LA.

It makes no sense to me to talk about Phil and not mention:

* He seemed to care more about rehabilitating the reputation of the triangle offense than rehabilitating the Knicks.

* He thought KP shooting threes was "cheap points" and meant that in a bad way.

* He acted like KP skipping the exit meeting justified trading him. A feud with the future of the franchise over some petty minor shit.

I'll even grant that in the Phil era, the Knicks made good drafts.

lol bullshit
Yeah, if bulls made better use of their pick this wouldn't be close to true, and even still, if lavine recovers well from his injury it won't be true

Im going to miss Beverley so fucking much man. Don't even know how to describe it, he's my favorite player in the league

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol bullshit

They got an actual draft pick and not a swap (albeit it wont be very good). Lavine is coming off an ACL tear, Clips can trade Beverley in 6 months to like 25 different teams in the league who would want him (2 / 11 on his deal is insane). Same with LouWill and Dekker. Kris Dunn will have no trade value in 6 months because he sucks. And CP3 was an actual free agent, not locked into 2 bargain years like Butler.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Guys, don't underestimate how Jerry West build teams. He knows what's he doing....

Ball dominant player who is historically great at mid range jumpers joins team with ball dominant player at same position that treats mid range jumpers like the plague.

I don't get it, but I like it!

A few things.

1. Harden has his nasty step back jumper, he just stopped using it as much

2. D'Antoni talked about the need for more ball handlers and a more dynamic offense. Come playoffs, and the total reluctance to use mid-range shots meant our offense was very stale and predictable. You have to make teams pay for only defending the rim and perimeter

3.oh my fucking god everyone is going to hate the rockets so fucking much next year

4. Morey goes after talent first. We went after Aldridge and melo. Chris Paul's mid range shot is efficient as hell

5. During all the hubbub about cp3, rockets fans looked into it and found that harden was actually really efficient playing off the ball

6. You have to remember, Beverley wasn't that good a ball handler for a long time, ty Lawson was ty Lawson, Jason Terry was ridiculously old, Lin and harden in 2013 and 2014 werent pass focused point guards, etc. CP3 is the first point guard of his type to play with harden

7. Most of all, this is the first time since maybe Nash + Joe Johnson/point Boris Diaw that D'Antoni has had two elite playmakers to try and make his offense so much more versatile

Top Bottom