• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Absolutely love the deal for the Clippers. Don't really think it moves the needle for Houston. Think they take a step back. Clippers finally get some depth and get a touch, gritty player in Beverly that they've needed for years. If Blake stays, they could easily be a top-2 team in the west, barring injury.

Doc aint taking Clippers anywhere, one of the most overrated HC, won't be surprised if Jerry West cut his ass .....

Lou Will has been living life

Started in Philly with AI taking him to clubs and shit, then hanging with Meek

Then Atlanta

Then Toronto

Then La

Then Houston

Then LA AGAIN

Solid 6MOTY candidate tossed around like he ain't shit but always in a dope ass city

He also has a relationship with two women who don't give a shit and accept each other... Dude is pimpin...

Bread

Banned
Rivers played with more heart in that playoff loss against Portland than CP3 has ever shown.
giphy.gif

Seriously? Chris Paul is a top 10 player in the league. How does he not move the needle when the Rockets only sent 1 starter (Beverly) and three bench players to get him?

And you value depth over a top 10 player? I think it was a good move for the Clippers to get something for him as opposed to him leaving for nothing, but you don't become a better team when you lose an all nba player and get 1 starter and three bench dudes in return.

I think Paul is a toxic player on the court. Not to the degree of Melo, but it'll be nice to see how the Clippers can grow without a "leader" who is all about whining, flopping, and talking about winning.

Dwight, Harden, Dwight, and D'Antoni all trying to work together? Can we have a film crew follow them for the season?

We just need Melo in there now.

I think Paul is a toxic player on the court. Not to the degree of Melo, but it'll be nice to see how the Clippers can grow without a "leader" who is all about whining, flopping, and talking about winning.

I would hardly say that, I think it's more that he understands the game at such a level and is almost a bit too much of a perfectionist on the court.

ImTheCaptainNow.meme

That's Beverley

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

I think the one reason the Banana Boat team might be insane is that I wonder if having LeBron and co as his teammates makes CP3 less crazy.

Clippers were so bad when CP3 was out with injuries lol... most ridiculous take to think they become a top 2 team in the west now.

Doc has been able to bury that team to the ground due to his nepotism. Balmer is an idiot.

Finalized full trade

Adrian Wojnarowski said:
Source: Terms of Clippers-Rockets deal: For @CP3, Houston sends Williams, Beverley, Dekker, Liggins, Hilliard, Harrell, Wiltjer, FRP + $661K

Looking at the giant list of non-guaranteed players the Rockets got, it seems we keep Tim Quarterman and Ryan Kelly. My guess is that they were obtained to put us over the cap for the duration of free agency so that we would have our exceptions all available

EDIT: Yup

Woj said:
What's more: Houston keeps its full mid-level exception ($8.4M), bi-annual exception ($3.2M) and a significant trade exception.

If that CP3/Doc story has any truth to it Doc needs to be fucking fired. Not mutually moving on, not resigning, fucking fired. Booted. Kicked to the curb.

Austin has been and always will be fucking garbage. He's not worth nixing a deal for a star player. You could pick up some guy out of the D-League to replace his production most likely.

Come on Logo, work your magic. Earn your millions and dump Doc.

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/880150923401723906
Chris Paul reduced his trade bonus from $3.6m to $661k to make the trade work. Cap hit for Houston in 17-18 is $24.6m.

Point GOD ready to win

If that CP3/Doc story has any truth to it Doc needs to be fucking fired. Not mutually moving on, not resigning, fucking fired. Booted. Kicked to the curb.

Austin has been and always will be fucking garbage. He's not worth nixing a deal for a star player. You could pick up some guy out of the D-League to replace his production most likely.

Come on Logo, work your magic. Earn your millions and dump Doc.

Austin ain't shit, he's a good 6th man shooting guard that can run a bench unit well, and does a good job playing defense on guards and forwards.

Nah. Just pointing out that Austin really gave a shit. Hard to be pissed at dudes who really care.

Nearly everyone in the NBA gives a shit. It's just usually the lower skilled players (guys like Delladova or Rivers) who get hit with the "but he has heart!" crap as a means to prop them up, as if it even means anything. Chris Paul is going to go down as one of the 2 or 3 greatest point guards in NBA history. He didn't get that far because he doesn't have heart or doesn't give a shit.

LionPride

Banned
I hope this trade means I never have to hear about CP3 being the best PG because his VORP and PER is better than Magic's and close to Stockton's

Fuck advanced metrics sometimes shit gets on my nerves

broz0rs

This Michael Eaves FB post attempts to explain why CP3 left. It could just be mostly fluff, but it does make a lot of sense.

Paul's relationship with Doc Rivers started to deteriorate rapidly after the Clippers acquired Austin Rivers. Several members of the team felt Austin acted entitled because his dad was both the coach and the President of Basketball Operations. In the view of the tenured players, Austin Rivers never tried to fit in, and when players tried to address the situation with him, he still did not respond the way the core of the team wanted him to. It led to resentment within the locker room, which often played out during games. One of Paul's biggest contentions with Doc was that Paul, and other players, felt Doc treated Austin more favorably than other players. He would yell at guys for certain things during games and practices, but not get on Austin in the same manner for similar transgressions.

Nepotism prevailed

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope this trade means I never have to hear about CP3 being the best PG because his VORP and PER is better than Magic's and close to Stockton's

Fuck advanced metrics sometimes shit gets on my nerves

Yeah you wont because he'll be the best PG after the Rockets win the title this year

spyder_ur

Nearly everyone in the NBA gives a shit. It's just usually the lower skilled players (guys like Delladova or Rivers) who get hit with the "but he has heart!" crap as a means to prop them up, as if it even means anything. Chris Paul is going to go down as one of the 2 or 3 greatest point guards in NBA history. He didn't get that far because he doesn't have heart or doesn't give a shit.

This is a big-time stretch given his lack of playoff success. I agree with your sentiment though - the heart thing is so dumb and Paul is one of the last players I'd ever apply that too.

His new teammate, on the other hand...

LionPride

Banned
This is a big-time stretch given his lack of playoff success. I agree with your sentiment though - the heart thing is so dumb and Paul is one of the last players I'd ever apply that too.

His new teammate, on the other hand...
As a player, fuck accolades, Chris Paul is one of the best Point Guards to play the game, top 5 hands down

https://twitter.com/RedNationHoops/status/880152943311433728
@RedNationHoops said:
Patrick Beverley's recent liked tweet. Looks like he thinks CP3 + Beard will work. Glad to see he holds no ill will towards the franchise.
DDbubfpUIAAlUtA.jpg

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/880152314673332224
Jared Weiss said:
The 8 players Houston's sending to LAC (including pick) for Chris Paul is most in NBA history for a single player, passing the ‘07 KG trade.

https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/status/880152837195415552
Jody Genessy said:
One thing I have been told is that Gordon Hayward is hoping that the Jazz will re-sign George Hill.

Top Bottom