• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs 2019-2020 |OT|

Cutty Flam

Banned
They should start Plumlee along with Jokic and arm him with a lot of child support jokes and Shaq's number so he can figure out how to annoy Howard/McGee.
Haha hell yea
Total meltdown in the 1st half. This is not a good look for Denver. Even given their history this playoff run with the comebacks. Lakers have more height, length, toughness, and skill. They don't want to play around or show weakness. It was over before halftime really. Lakers going to need to play against a good warmup before they play the Heat in the NBA Finals. Hope the Nuggets can put together some games and start hitting threes or something, Lakeshow has to get a feel for when the Heat starts raining them down

Until Nuggets prove otherwise, softest team I've seen enter the WCF in a while

bender

What time is it?
Haha hell yea
Total meltdown in the 1st half. This is not a good look for Denver. Even given their history this playoff run with the comebacks. Lakers have more height, length, toughness, and skill. They don't want to play around or show weakness. It was over before halftime really. Lakers going to need to play against a good warmup before they play the Heat in the NBA Finals. Hope the Nuggets can put together some games and start hitting threes or something, Lakeshow has to get a feel for when the Heat starts raining them down

Until Nuggets prove otherwise, softest team I've seen enter the WCF in a while

Eh, Jokic is super weird game to game. While he was rattled this game I wouldn't take anything by this loss. This series doesn't start until Denver is down 3-1.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I mean I want the Lakers to kick ass but this isn't much of a watchable game. Lakers got in their head early and haven't let up.

Not sure if it's Nuggets being careless or Lakers playing their best defense since in the bubble. Lakers playing with the type of mentality the Clippers didn't have let's just see it happen for 4 quarters. It's hard to believe with as great as the Nuggets played previously they're at such a mismatch.
It's the Lakers defense. Expect a lot more frustration from Murray. He may break out for a game or so, and come out blazing for a couple, but from what I was seeing, he's likely to be suffocated every game going forward. I don't see why they would take the pressure off him when he's the one who will collapse the team if focused on. Jokic has proven he's good for 34 or so give or take if he goes all out. Murray can go off for 50. We make it tough on Jamal Murray and it's smooth sailing. Jokic will tough no matter what. His repertoire is complete for a big, he hits awkward shots, he takes shots out of nowhere whenever he feels he can and hits them. Guarding him will be always be tough. But I think LAL have what it takes to douse Murray, and it's going to happen

Caruso completely shut Murray down when they shared the floor. Denver will have no answers. Crazy to think Howard and Caruso are both key to the Lakers winning this series.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Caruso completely shut Murray down when they shared the floor. Denver will have no answers. Crazy to think Howard and Caruso are both key to the Lakers winning this series.
They were especially effective. But each game will tell a much different story. I doubt Nuggets go down the same way next game. This one was embarrassing. I’m expecting them to fight much, much harder gm 2

Pretty much the entire Lakers squad performed well tonight. Nuggets crumbled hard. Reminded me of half the destruction that ensued when Eddie House and them Celtics finished off the Lakers in 2008 NBA Finals gm 6 lol

It’s only one game. But momentum means more and more the further into the playoffs you go. It’s multi- factorial always, but the same, momentum counts for a great deal more

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nugs looked like ass. Only player who did something was Murray but was limited in shots. And Joker was really capped.

If Lakers played to their fullest to the final buzzer they could ave won by 30.

Hinedorf

Banned
#1 factor from this series to last series between Lakers and Clippers. Jokic dominated defensively in the last 3 games of that 7 game series. By the end of that series Jokic was able to impose his will in the paint, that just wont happen with LeBron, AD, Javale, Howard, Morris.... THAT is the difference between the Lakers and Clippers. For some reason the Clippers the better shooting team decided to pack it in at the 3 point line while at the same time let Jokic dominate on the inside.

Lakers will not get dominated in the paint and the Lakers ONLY NEED TO SHOOT 3'S when they are behind or have a big lead. Unless the Nuggets shoot out of their mind from distance, there's no chance barring the Lakers don't show up.

Celtics finally looked at the Heat zone defense and said you know what. No. Fuck you. I'm not losing to this bullshit. And they just attack off the dribble and with smart passes between the lines. They played defense like mad men, they looked exhausted at the end which made it a bit squirrelly, but other than that this was a very encouraging game. Hayward makes a huge difference because it allows Boston to go super small with Jaylen guarding Bam (in the mid quarters obviously).

Oh and Robinson fouled Jaylen before that flagrant.

Hinedorf

Banned
Lebron James found another example of white supremacy...

Full House fans be like:

tumblr_neoptbjClu1td5ksno1_640.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
It will be interesting to see whether Lebron or Davis get finals MVP.
Heat or Celtics, Davis should be the one getting the most touches and delivering. LeBron should have let AD make some plays late in the fourth. After he had hit this big time three, he didn’t see another look until it he hit the final shot. And even that last shot wasn’t intended for him. LeBron was the one the play was designed for but Rondo saw the opening

Huge game winner. Nuggets were smiling before that like they had taken the series lmao. AD killing dreams out there

Cutty Flam

Banned
AD needs to start playing like a phenom. No more fucking around left, it’s now or never that he has to step up and claim this team as his own. He’s going to find out the hard way if he relies on LeBron. LeBron is still a stellar player for his age, but it’s clearly the time, for AD to start putting together some Finals MVP tier performances. Need to advance past Nuggets, they wont go away. Have to put them out and set the tone every night now

Jokic finally played like the maniac he used to be a couple seasons ago. HE was the leader tonight to set the tone and it was an inspiring effort. Attacked pretty damn hard early and ignited his team. Need to see AD return fire now in gm 4

Hinedorf

Banned
Jokic dominated the paint against a surplus of bigs who had no answer for him. Kyle Kuzma actively passed out of almost every open shot he had and LeBron decided to hang out and watch rather than attack the paint.

Lakers bench took the night off

Cutty Flam

Banned
Boy I guess you could say the Celtics turned their SEASON over

giphy.gif
How do you win when a 20 year old kid goes off for 37 pts. That has to be a trip. 20 points in you’re probably pissed, and by the end of the game knowing you let a 20 year old dude dominate? Has to feel pretty infuriating

But Bam looks hurt now. Celtics can probably take another win. In the bubble, Nuggets have proven that a series or two can get pretty crazy

Tyler Herro 37 pts...that is just insane for a 20 year old, in the ECF, in a crucial gm

How do you win when a 20 year old kid goes off for 37 pts. That has to be a trip. 20 points in you’re probably pissed, and by the end of the game knowing you let a 20 year old dude dominate? Has to feel pretty infuriating

But Bam looks hurt now. Celtics can probably take another win. In the bubble, Nuggets have proven that a series or two can get pretty crazy

Tyler Herro 37 pts...that is just insane for a 20 year old, in the ECF, in a crucial gm

Brad got a bit lazy and left Kemba too much on Herro, but dude just made shots all over the court. Thing is, Boston lost because they couldn't stop turning the ball over and there were plenty of bad ones. Add that to the inevitable barrage of Marcus Smart pullup 3s in transition and then it's just gone.

It's not over until it's over, but it looks plenty over. They're getting outworked like mad out there.

Until Meyers Leonard emerges and goes off for 30 to close the series. Id believe it.

Dthomp

Brad got a bit lazy and left Kemba too much on Herro, but dude just made shots all over the court. Thing is, Boston lost because they couldn't stop turning the ball over and there were plenty of bad ones. Add that to the inevitable barrage of Marcus Smart pullup 3s in transition and then it's just gone.

It's not over until it's over, but it looks plenty over. They're getting outworked like mad out there.

I missed the game, but when I see "Inevitable barrage of Smart pullup 3s", ugh I've seen that movie way to many times. Smart is the best annoying player I've watched in years. He has that one game where he is brilliant on the offense and then becomes a chucker missing most of them the next night.

I hate to say it, but I think Brad has to go. He just does not make good in game adjustments. This team is not a favorite to win it all this last season, but at the same time the talent is there so it's frustrating to see us squander a good chance to get some Finals experience.

I missed the game, but when I see "Inevitable barrage of Smart pullup 3s", ugh I've seen that movie way to many times. Smart is the best annoying player I've watched in years. He has that one game where he is brilliant on the offense and then becomes a chucker missing most of them the next night.

I hate to say it, but I think Brad has to go. He just does not make good in game adjustments. This team is not a favorite to win it all this last season, but at the same time the talent is there so it's frustrating to see us squander a good chance to get some Finals experience.

Smart is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but when he's bad he absolutely kills the team. He got lost on defense a lot tonight too. Just an atrocious performance, he was bailed out by Daniel Theis being slightly worse.

I have a hard time putting this on Stevens, I don't even understand why so many Celtics fans want him gone. Like if you poll this it has to be 70% fire Brad and I'm just not on that boat. He underachieved once and that's with Kyrie and Marcus Morris being The Cancer. This team is still pretty young and it's the first season with Kemba. They move the ball well on offense, they often have a solid plan on defense, it's a well coached team. I don't think he's getting outcoached by Spo and Spo is just unbelievable.

Point is, guys like Nick Nurse don't grow on trees. If you fire Brad because you think you can get a good coach out of nowhere, then you're in for a rude awakening. He needs to fix some things, but I think it's been a net positive overall. What we need is for Ainge to get a fucking big already. Are we really going to get worked in the board for the rest of eternity? Get a quality backup PG while we're at it, love the Wanamaker story but he was ABSOLUTELY HALAL out there tonight.

Dthomp

Smart is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but when he's bad he absolutely kills the team. He got lost on defense a lot tonight too. Just an atrocious performance, he was bailed out by Daniel Theis being slightly worse.

I have a hard time putting this on Stevens, I don't even understand why so many Celtics fans want him gone. Like if you poll this it has to be 70% fire Brad and I'm just not on that boat. He underachieved once and that's with Kyrie and Marcus Morris being The Cancer. This team is still pretty young and it's the first season with Kemba. They move the ball well on offense, they often have a solid plan on defense, it's a well coached team. I don't think he's getting outcoached by Spo and Spo is just unbelievable.

Point is, guys like Nick Nurse don't grow on trees. If you fire Brad because you think you can get a good coach out of nowhere, then you're in for a rude awakening. He needs to fix some things, but I think it's been a net positive overall. What we need is for Ainge to get a fucking big already. Are we really going to get worked in the board for the rest of eternity? Get a quality backup PG while we're at it, love the Wanamaker story but he was ABSOLUTELY HALAL out there tonight.

That's all fair points, and I honestly don't know if there would be a coach on the market that would be an upgrade. Maybe I just want a bit of passion, I worry that he'll be a MDA and be a good regular season coach that gets outdone in the playoffs.

Our roster is messed up TBH, we desperately need a bigman cause I just don't have faith in Theis, and I honestly don't know if Timelord can be the anchor we need either. I'm frustrated cause we can be better, but like you said the bigs situation is awful, and Wannamaker just isn't good enough for the minutes he gets. We should have kicked the tires on Derrick Rose at the deadline, and we need to have a real conversation if any of the young guys on the bench are worth hanging onto or moving them to other young teams for some bench vets.

I've discussed a bit on reddit too, but part of me worries that Brown and Tatum are just too similar in their skillsets to be a great pair together. They both need to work on ball security, and as much as I like Tatum I think I prefer Brown. Not saying you look to deal, but is there a trade out there where one of them could be turned into a legit stud/superstar big?

AHHHHH!!!!!!!

I've discussed a bit on reddit too, but part of me worries that Brown and Tatum are just too similar in their skillsets to be a great pair together. They both need to work on ball security, and as much as I like Tatum I think I prefer Brown. Not saying you look to deal, but is there a trade out there where one of them could be turned into a legit stud/superstar big?

Really don't agree here, having 2 great wings who can attack and defend, score from anywhere and guard anyone is a serious thing. I want to see them playing together for a very long time. But seriously, Danny should get a big. It borders on negligence how often he refuses to upgrade the position.

Heat/Nuggets finals is going to be niiiiiice.

Bron still going to dick the Nuggets, book this.

Cutty Flam

Banned
LeBron is an atrocious defender. Just refused to guard Jamal Murray LeBron, let him get past him easy for a floater like 6 feet from the bucket befor Vogel benched him

I softly root for the Nuggets because of Michael Malone. He's a good coach and his players stand by him, even after they or he is gone. That's a good sign. I also like that he was a defensive minded guy, coming out of the Detroit and Van Gundy line, who adapted his style to fit a high octane Denver team. Then he worked in defensive principles. Smart coaches help players gain confidence at what they're good at doing and then round them out. Some coaches take a talented player and run the team against his strengths and towards his weaknesses. This never works out.

He also got royally screwed in Sacramento in a move that still ranks high up in Sacramento mistakes, which is saying something considering their history.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Everyone on SilverScreenandRoll buried Rondo the past 2 years. There was serious discussion that he was the worst player in the league.

WtF were they smoking?

Hinedorf

Banned
LeBron is an atrocious defender. Just refused to guard Jamal Murray LeBron, let him get past him easy for a floater like 6 feet from the bucket befor Vogel benched him

Maybe early on, in the end of the 4th quarter LeBron iced him out of the game completely. Veteran player knows to let him get his shots early and watch when the refs swallow their whistles in the 4th. Could still be a 6 or 7 game series depending on AD's health.

Top Bottom