• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

200783b.jpg
200783b.jpg
200783b.jpg

TEAMS

1.Smokey - Rockets
2.Ecnal - Magic
3.DCX - Knicks
4.Ph33nix - Heat
5.Birdman - Mavericks
6.charsAce - Jazz
7.CB3 - Lakers
8.Nightz - Hornets
9.Daw840 - Nuggets
10.Mrbob - Thunder
11.Dmczaf - Bulls
12.kirbybreezy - Blazers
13.Cloudy - Celtics
14.anachronous_one - Hawks
15.Dark Faze - Wizards
16.Witness2k9 - Warriors
17.FrenchMovieTheme - Suns
18.Shurs - Twolves
19.Ferny73 - Spurs
20.DY_nasty - Bobcats
21.Baby Milo - Grizzlies
22.Vestal - Pistons
23..AtlusAram - Kings
24. Witness2k9 - Clippers

CONTACT LIST (GAF name(AIM)

Smokey (dboythagr8)
Ecnal (lanceleahy)
DCX (DreamcastKC)
Ph33nix (thepheeniks)
Birdman02 (b1rdman02)
charsace (charsace)
CB3 (thecoldone33)
Nightz (nightz gaf)
Daw840 (daw840daw)
MrBob (mrbob2k1)
Dmczaf (dmczafx23)
Cloudy (Konex2k4)
anachronous_one (anachronous1gaf)
Dark Faze (oO Timerz Oo)
FrenchMovieTheme (Whossorrynow015)
Ramirez - ctownskins
LukeSmith
LiveWire (atreides815)
Shurs ( ? )
Dy_nasty ( ? )
Baby Milo ( ? )
Vestal ( ? )
AtlusAram ( ? )
Reaver18 ( ? )
HEY LOW 2 ( ? )
kirbybreezy ( boboowow )

League tag (Friends of Friends feature)

GT = GAF 2K11 League

SETTINGS

Difficulty: Superstar with slider adjustments
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Teams: 26
Playoff Teams: 16
Season Length: 30 games
Round Interval: 7 - 10 days
Trading: ON

**Trades are open as long as the rating differential between the proposed trade packages doesn't exceed a certain amount (TBD)**

All Playoff Rounds are best of 7

RULES

Points in the Paint:

The total amount of PIP that is allowed per game is dynamic. Whatever your final score ends up being, you cannot score more than 50% of those points from the paint. This rule has always been in the 2K leagues, but previously it was a static number. You are allowed an extra 4 points on top of the 50% as a "grace interval".

This season I've switched it to dynamic to avoid situations of people pounding the ball in the paint 3/4 of the game to the PIP limit, and then shooting nothing but jumpers for the remainder of the game.

*If you go above the dynamic PIP (+ 4 grace points) limit, it is an automatic loss*

Defense:

Manual defense is required. For the newcomers this means that if you are playing man to man defense, you must guard the guy with the ball. If you are playing zone, then you must be in control of the closest defender to the ball.

Using icon switching on defense to try and anticipate a pass for a potential steal is fine. Other than that, gotta be manual defense.

Pressure: Full court pressure is not allowed in the first 3 quarters unless you are down by 10 points or more. In the 4th quarter full court pressure is allowed at anytime. Manual defense applies here as well

Sportsmanship

If you are beating someone by quite a bit, please do not continue to jack 3s. This is bad and only leads to retaliation. Everyone will get one of those games where they are getting destroyed, and nobody wants to have it rubbed in their face.

Other:

Any glitches or whatever that present themselves do not use/take advantage of. 2K allows the use of saved replays that can be uploaded to the league website. Just don't do it.

League website:

Once the league launches we will have our own league website where you can adjust your rotations, post news stores/articles, propose and decline trades, and check out every stat available. I'll post the link here when everyone is signed in.

This is a simulation league. We're not playing NBA Jam. If you're a cheeser you are out. The league is here to play with other GAF members and as such should be a better experience than playing a random person on XBL. If you're found abusing the game, breaking the above rules on a regular basis or anything else of the sort you're gone.

Other info:

League tournament: October 13th
League start date : October 20th

Winner of the tournament gets a $25 giftcard to Gamestop. League champion will receive a $75 gift card to Gamestop.

Video with all of the player ratings for NBA2K11

NBA2K11 EXPANDED MANUAL. This is the real manual for the game since the 'booklet' that comes with the game is a whole 2 pages:lol

League website:
http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=636030

Let the drama begin, and have fun!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
K Mart's are fucking hillarious. They look like a god damn wasteland every time

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i fucking hate going in there.... it's almost like they get even walmarts rejects shopping in there.

but wtf a good deal is a good deal!

You must go there on Friday nights to chow down on some Little Caesar Pizza and try to listen to the blue light special announcements.. How else would you get a $20 coupon?

:lol

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
we should have a separate trade thread

everyone on my team is on the block! entertain me!
Dude, you have everyone, there is no one to trade to you :/

DCX

Smokey

Vestal said:
Gamertag Vanevar

Shouldn't be an issue with GTs.

When you log into the league if anybody you play during the week is also on 2K it will show that they are online at the top of the screen. So all you need to do is setup a time to meet, and in the lobby their name/team will light up.

i have the warriors..be prepared for many 3's...its only realistic..... everybody is on the block except for Monta, Curry, and Lee

SamuraiX-

ecnal said:
http://i52.tinypic.com/jhau5x.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/29wsjtk.jpg[IMG]

:lol

[SPOILER]this is from 2K11 btw, it looks like his vert is even worse than 2k10/9[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Damn it. WTF. Not again. There really needs to be a way to fix this.

[QUOTE=Smokey]you all should be happy...2k is aware of Yao's amazing vert and is going to try and fix it in the 1st patch.[/QUOTE]

Source? :O

Smokey

SamuraiX- said:
WHY MUST YOU TURN THIS INTO A HOUSE OF LIES, SMOKEY!?!?

no lie mayne

ecnal's pics were brought to attention, said they would start working on it...and that yao's durability should also be adjusted to 0 just because :lol

:(

Top Bottom