• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K14 Season 11 Online League |OT| Featuring Next-Gen Dreamcast Servers

holy smokes pistol that was intense! i thought i was going to get run out of the gym after blatche started abusing my guys badly but i hung around thanks to foul calls and making my FT's.

i was down 6 with about a minute left, made a 3, got a turnover and made a 2 and then made another 3 with about 8 seconds left to take a 2 point lead. THEN, i was defending the inbound pass and holding Triange and after the ball came in david west JUMPED leaving KG wide open for the tie game with about 4 seconds left. then i drove on old man pierce for the game winning layup with a second left. pistol howcome you didn't take a timeout to advance the ball to half court? i dont think you were out of them but idk.

anyways pacers win 100-98. gg broham

holy smokes pistol that was intense! i thought i was going to get run out of the gym after blatche started abusing my guys badly but i hung around thanks to foul calls and making my FT's.

i was down 6 with about a minute left, made a 3, got a turnover and made a 2 and then made another 3 with about 8 seconds left to take a 2 point lead. THEN, i was defending the inbound pass and holding Triange and after the ball came in david west JUMPED leaving KG wide open for the tie game with about 4 seconds left. then i drove on old man pierce for the game winning layup with a second left. pistol howcome you didn't take a timeout to advance the ball to half court? i dont think you were out of them but idk.

anyways pacers win 100-98. gg broham

I figure I was out of them because I was trying and nothing happened. Gonna have to go with manual subs and timeouts from now on. Great game man, I input the results into the spreadsheet

edit: btw, what is pheeniks' obsession with Michael Beasley?

I figure I was out of them because I was trying and nothing happened. Gonna have to go with manual subs and timeouts from now on. Great game man, I input the results into the spreadsheet

edit: btw, what is pheeniks' obsession with Michael Beasley?

i don't know but he might as well be kobe bryant the way he plays in the game. fucking ridiculous

Nightz

GG CB. Let it get away in the 3rd, but I guess it wasn't a bad effort considering this was my first time ever using the Warriors. David Lee has the slowest release ever.

part of the problem with playing straight up defense is that the lateral speed of the defense isn't anywhere close to the offensive guys speed UNLESS you "lock on" to him with the animation

pacers defeat heat, 87-72!

lucked out again. phee missed like 26 3's, a lot of them open. i got out to a big lead and hung on. i wish i could get paul georges shot release down. had 28 with him but on 33 attempts :/

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm around if anyone needs to play me. Let me know I'll turn on my ps4 getting tired of watching football.

come on smokey lets play. you need a pick me up after that pathetic texans performance

McNei1y

I do enjoy this game but the movement, passes, and ai in general is silly. Vesely just let the ball hit his head after a free throw and didn't bother to do anything about it lol

Not to mention, Ramirez had like 3 backcourts in the first quarter.

Ramirez

Not to mention, Ramirez had like 3 backcourts in the first quarter.

The game has been like this for years, and it's why it simply baffles me that people act like it's such an amazing game. I feel like I have no control over what's going to happen over 50% of the time. On D, I feel like I should sit the controller down and let the cpu play, because you simply can't stay in front of someone.

But GG, Philly fucking blows. Williams is a damn 49 overall, can a brotha get a Rookie of the Month stat bump?

McNei1y

The game has been like this for years, and it's why it simply baffles me that people act like it's such an amazing game. I feel like I have no control over what's going to happen over 50% of the time. On D, I feel like I should sit the controller down and let the cpu play, because you simply can't stay in front of someone.

But GG, Philly fucking blows. Williams is a damn 49 overall, can a brotha get a Rookie of the Month stat bump?

yea i completely agree with everything you said. Also, the ball got lost in the mix at least 10 times. I mean passes bounced off of people's backs or balls fell on the ground and started to bounce like a pinball. It was infuriating.

I'm glad the rosters aren't set so I can get Beal back at some point. It may have just been me but I seemed to be either Very Early or Very Late with everyone lol

Ramirez

yea i completely agree with everything you said. Also, the ball got lost in the mix at least 10 times. I mean passes bounced off of people's backs or balls fell on the ground and started to bounce like a pinball. It was infuriating.

I'm glad the rosters aren't set so I can get Beal back at some point. It may have just been me but I seemed to be either Very Early or Very Late with everyone lol

Yea, I hadn't played with the Sixers before, so I was terrible with all of their shot releases.

Smokey

A small part of this is true, another is that you don't play enough to understand the motion/animation of the games etc. It's not as hard for me because I've been doing it for years, but for someone who isn't a regular 2k player it is tough. I've mentioned it before but if you are having that much trouble change the defensive assist slider to 100 in the options menu and see if it helps.

welp, that was a game. got my ass kicked.

gg smokey 129-99 wowza

GG. Sorry about the pauses..kept getting phone calls.

Another note: Typically when that backcourt bs happens and I get the ball, I will take a 5 second violation and give the ball back. You can prevent it by letting go of the stick once you see your guy running for a ball heading towards half court.

Ramirez

So you've become accustomed to the shit momentum, that doesn't make it any less shit. I got used to Killzone 2's laggy movement, it still sucked!

Smokey

So you've become accustomed to the shit momentum, that doesn't make it any less shit. I got used to Killzone 2's laggy movement, it still sucked!

I just gave you tips. I'm trying to be nice to you for once. I own you in Madden and 2k so you should listen to me!

The shitty momentum isn't going anywhere so use the slider to help you or dealwithit.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
GG. Sorry about the pauses..kept getting phone calls.

No worries. The pauses helped me maintain my composure and not toss my controller since everyone on my team had issues making layups until the 4th quarter. I really need to learn how to pass better. Honestly I don't spend much time playing the game proper, all my time outside of these league games is spent in my career. I'm gonna try to practice some more if i get time so i can at least be competitive and not have to eat L's all season.

edit: Did you update the sheet smoke? I gotta run out to the grocery store but I might be down to play someone else later, depends on what the wifey wants to do tonight.

Ramirez

I just gave you tips. I'm trying to be nice to you for once. I own you in Madden and 2k so you should listen to me!

The shitty momentum isn't going anywhere so use the slider to help you or dealwithit.jpg

You don't own shit biiiiiiiiitch

Ram when you play defense use your right stick and hold it up to keep contesting/defending shots, and make sure you keep your "feet" (LS) moving in the direction of the defender so you keep them where they are

I used to have issues defensively till I realized I was either trying to do too much or just trying to do what I wanted instead of reading and reacting

Now my problem is offense, 71 and 72 points with this team is fucking shameful lol. I used to be able to shit out 100 easily

McNei1y

Crap. I can't play Zep. My Playstation Plus account is up and I can't subscribe a new account due to:

1) I ordered a cheaper 12 month card off of the internet and it hasn't come yet

and

2) I don't have a working credit/debit card due to losing my card last weekend.

Top Bottom