• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC's Community Official Thread - the next Arrested Development/Office/30 Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abq

PantherLotus said:
the last 5-8 frames of this .gif on loop with some creative .gif-shopping should be interesting.
2zzmhwj.jpg

Going to start on those avatars now.

Solo

Oh god, here comes the creepiness :lol Anyways, ended up being able to see this. Not as good as the last few episodes, but I still had my share of laughs. Mostly with respect to Pierce.

*Pierce gives big speech about growing up and wanting more*
Pierce: "Can I borrow $200?" (for a hooker)
:lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
2dlou1f.jpg

Claimed in a manner where you have to wait 10 seconds. (So in that sense I guess it's still up for grabs)
3456_23.gif

BJK

Zod the Bear said:
I will belatedly hop on the bandwagon for a bit.

Did anyone else catch the back (front) of Abed's hat in this scene?

STD-fense
! It was only on the screen for a few seconds, but still made me crack up.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
What was the Troy-Abed post credits scene from? I assume Over the Top, but it's been quite a long time since I saw that.

Monroeski said:
What was the Troy-Abed post credits scene from? I assume Over the Top, but it's been quite a long time since I saw that.
I didn't think it was from anything, just a hilariously tender moment. The Over The Top part was awesome, though.

Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol I had a hell of a time finding that movie. And that is really the best scene with her. There was a sex scene...but it was kinda meh!

Mind if I claim that Chang gif, abq?
Don't keep it to yourself. What movie is it?

Memles said:
My desire to send Alison Brie a link to this thread on Twitter grows with every GIF-filled week.

Of course, she may welcome the attention as well. She might be a closet Heidi Montag, and just want to keep feeding the beast.

BJK

Memles said:
My desire to send Alison Brie a link to this thread on Twitter grows with every GIF-filled week.

You'd better pick out an avatar first, before all the good ones are taken.

Memles said:
The other side of the episode is yet another instalment in why Alison Brie is turning into the breakout star of this television show.
It’s a scene that’s really funny, yes, but it also provides Annie yet another in a series of episodes that combines her child-like enthusiasm with a real commitment to succeeding that just makes me fall in love with Alison Brie even more.
http://cultural-learnings.com/2009/12/04/community-the-politics-of-human-sexuality/#more-4074

She's really funny on the show, and she's equally cute. Resistance is futile.

DMczaf

Compared to their last regular telecasts on 11/19, the early NBC line up was all up. Community up 10%, Parks & Recreation up 5%, The Office up 11% and 30 Rock up 7%. Only The Jay Leno Show was down, 6%, tieing its lowest Thursday rating ever.

:lol

Tom_Cody

DMczaf said:
I'm glad to see the ratings on the rise again.

09/17: 7.7 million, 3.7 18-49 rating (series premiere)
09/24: 5.4 million, 2.8 18-49 rating
10/01: 5.8 million, 2.9 18-49 rating
10/08: 5.1 million, 2.0 18-49 rating (move to 8pm)
10/15: 5.1 million, 2.0 18-49 rating
10/22: 5.2 million, 1.9 18-49 rating
10/29: 5.5 million, 2.1 18-49 rating
11/05: 5.6 million, 2.3 18-49 rating
11/12: 5.1 million, 2.1 18-49 rating
11/19: 5.1 million, 2.0 18-49 rating
12/03: 5.4 million, 2.2 18-49 rating

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/12/fringe-rises-dramatically-flashforward-sinks.html#more

cory

Banned
Tom_Cody said:
I'm glad to see the ratings on the rise again.

09/17: 7.7 million, 3.7 18-49 rating (series premiere)
09/24: 5.4 million, 2.8 18-49 rating
10/01: 5.8 million, 2.9 18-49 rating
10/08: 5.1 million, 2.0 18-49 rating (move to 8pm)
10/15: 5.1 million, 2.0 18-49 rating
10/22: 5.2 million, 1.9 18-49 rating
10/29: 5.5 million, 2.1 18-49 rating
11/05: 5.6 million, 2.3 18-49 rating
11/12: 5.1 million, 2.1 18-49 rating
11/19: 5.1 million, 2.0 18-49 rating
12/03: 5.4 million, 2.2 18-49 rating

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/12/fringe-rises-dramatically-flashforward-sinks.html#more
Woooo!

Prince of Space said:
:lol :lol @ "Is that considered large?"
"Yes."
"No!"

That part was great. The thing with Shirley is her humor is more subtle. That's what I like about this show, there's so much variety in the characters and the types of humor they present.

BJK

Memles said:
I'm not claiming to be above the fray on this issue, far from it.

Fair enough. With all the 'wow, this thread is creepy' that gets posted in this thread, I think it's important to distinguish between appreciation / adoration and objectification.

Yes, Ms. Brie does get .gif'd because she's easy on the eyes. There are so many opportunities for .gifs, though, because her role on Community allows her to convey a lot of emotion non-verbally....and it's something for which she has shown a real aptitude.

I'd just hate for the message to get lost in all the pretty pictures.

BJK said:
Fair enough. With all the 'wow, this thread is creepy' that gets posted in this thread, I think it's important to distinguish between appreciation / adoration and objectification.

I think a lot of times it still leans towards creepy. I really want to know what some of the avatar people would do if they met her someday.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I just watched all three Community episodes on Hulu and HOLY FREAKING CRAP this show is hilarious! I'm its newest fan.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
VGChampion said:
I think a lot of times it still leans towards creepy. I really want to know what some of the avatar people would do if they met her someday.
Try to talk to her and then see where it goes from there? You can't realistically hope for more but she seems cool and relatable so I don't think that's too far out there.

Costanza

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ this IGN review
You know what Community is? It's the sitcom version of Heroes. It started off great with smart jokes and interesting characters but has slowly declined in quality since then. Only in Heroes' case, the good times lasted the entire first season, whereas Community churned out only three good episodes before it hit the skids.

It's time to stop making excuses. Community has been treading water for weeks, unable to find a rhythm or even a minor reason to give me hope it can improve. The only solace I have is that Parks and Recreation had a similar problem in its first tepid season and managed to break out of its shell. I'm not sure if Community can do the same thing, but writing some jokes would be a good start.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I don't get it, I guess that reviewer is thinking this is some sort of plot-driven serial? Instead of being a traditional sitcom where the episodes rarely if ever directly lead to each other. The show has been absolutely astounding for a first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom