• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC's Community Official Thread - the next Arrested Development/Office/30 Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the bald assistant Dean dude has turned into this sexual deviant character; "this better not awaken anything in me" is one of the funnier jokes the show has done so far, and they seem to be laying it on quite thickly this week (can't blame them, considering the plot).

I wish that they'd kept John Oliver on the show, though; I liked him in the pilot.

Tamanon

Banned
Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
I love how the bald assistant Dean dude has turned into this sexual deviant character; "this better not awaken anything in me" is one of the funnier jokes the show has done so far, and they seem to be laying it on quite thickly this week (can't blame them, considering the plot).

I wish that they'd kept John Oliver on the show, though; I liked him in the pilot.

Oliver's had a couple other spots, he's one of the side characters.

"She didn't say it!"

Strike

SpeedingUptoStop said:
This road can only lead to
Annie being a lesbian
murtaugh.jpg

Tamanon said:
Oliver's had a couple other spots, he's one of the side characters.

"She didn't say it!"

Oh yeah, that's right; it seems like he hasn't been on the show since the first few episodes, though. I just forgot because it's been a while since he's been used at all.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Shirley deserves a fan club. She pulls off the sweet, middle-age housewife with a mean streak thing perfectly.

Did a search and didn't see this mentioned, but apparently some of the cast are fans of the DS.

Talking with the cast about how they have bonded, Danny Pudi revealed one crucial element – the Nintendo DS. Said Pudi, "I play DS all the time. Actually, a number of us on set do," naming Alison Brie and Yvette Nicole Brown as two other cast members who play. As he explained, "Being on set, you often have twenty to thirty minute stretches of free time, which is perfect for the Nintendo DS. Lately I've been playing Crosswords [DS] a lot. It's a fun thing too when we're sitting on set at the table."

Both Pudi and Brown mentioned Professor Layton as a recent favorite among the Community group, along with New Super Mario Bros. The actors also noted they sometimes are playing until just moments before they begin shooting, with Brown remarking, "What's great about it is it's small enough that you can just kind of throw it in the bag in-between takes!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom