• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S4 |OT| I Remember When This Show Was About Community College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

They should just get all of these guest stars to play Troy in Abed's head.

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus-style.

fisheyes

Casting is excellent, but not sure I'm a big fan of
revisiting the D&D episode. In general I don't like the idea of redoing all the 'out there' episodes anyway, but I especially feel like this one is unnecessary, particularly without Pierce. We shall see I guess

Lijik

revisiting the D&D episode. In general I don't like the idea of redoing all the 'out there' episodes anyway, but I especially feel like this one is unnecessary, particularly without Pierce. We shall see I guess

Harmon is the only person id trust to make a retread of that work. His old D&D skits are top notch, and the campaign they play on his poscast is consistently the best thing about it. I agree we shall see since it could easily suck, but im on the hopeful side of things

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior

Harmon is the only person id trust to make a retread of that work. His old D&D skits are top notch, and the campaign they play on his poscast is consistently the best thing about it. I agree we shall see since it could easily suck, but im on the hopeful side of things
In Harmon I trust. He knows how to redo a plot element while making sure it's fresh. Like the first two Paintball episodes as well as the never actually seen third season paintball game. (And yes, I know the season 4 finale wasn't Harmon, it was still a great twist to the idea while also twisting the alternate timeline element as well.)

I'm just sad we won't get a Halloween or Christmas episode this year. I honestly found season 4s more enjoyable than season 3s. Heresy I know. But I don't care. Season 4 was well done for an "homage" as it were. I don't care who you are.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So the Season 4 DVD set is going to be $8 at Target on Black Friday. Not sure if I should risk it. Might as well wait for the inevitable December $15 price point for Community/Parks and Rec season sets.

blamite

D&D episode + David Cross + Spencer + Dan = !!!!!!!

So the Season 4 DVD set is going to be $8 at Target on Black Friday. Not sure if I should risk it. Might as well wait for the inevitable December $15 price point for Community/Parks and Rec season sets.

Black Friday mellows out by 10 or 11 am. They might not have any in stock, but you shouldn't have that much trouble getting around in the store.

BY_fDzECcAAEBC8.jpg

blamite

Oh man. What if Jeff
comes back as a real board certified tutor
?

Or
going by the second episode title, maybe he goes back to Greendale to become one
?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Someone please avatar abeds face in that first pic, be very grateful

Here you go, pick your favorite

i4sGrl81U1HIh.png

i8K86PbWG9nXM.png

iRSUT7Ck8IUTk.png
That reminds me I'll have to find another pic for myself when the season stars. I'm getting tired of Sitcom Abed. Thankfully the new season will coincide with the end of The Year of Luigi.

Edit: Wait...
Repilot"? Uh oh. I hope Harmon isn't trying to uncanon season 4 goddammit. I doubt he is, but fuck. I don't want to live in a world where season 4 has been erased. I don't care what anyone says.

fisheyes

That reminds me I'll have to find another pic for myself when the season stars. I'm getting tired of Sitcom Abed. Thankfully the new season will coincide with the end of The Year of Luigi.

Edit: Wait...
Repilot"? Uh oh. I hope Harmon isn't trying to uncanon season 4 goddammit. I doubt he is, but fuck. I don't want to live in a world where season 4 has been erased. I don't care what anyone says.

I've not looked at much of anything regarding season 5 - I want to go in fresh - but based only on that title, I assume its referring to the new season needing to establish a whole bunch of new elements - Jeff either not being at Greendale, or finding an excuse to have him at Greendale again, reestablishing the fact Pierce is gone, and if he has a replacement, introducing them, and setting the seeds for Troy's exit. I think it signals the mini-reboot the show has to do, and hopefully isn't a do-over for Jeff's final year.

Mariolee

"Be Cageing"? Are they actually doing the class idea of forcing the study group to watch a ton of Nick Cage movies straight in a whole day? Because AWESOME IF SO.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
No, he's not. He's said this multiple times at Harmontown.
Good. I was really scared after he ranted about it a while ago. Has he ever given a real sit-down-and-calmly-talk-about-it opinion of season 4? Or is it just that one where he compares it to um.. whatever it was he compared it to. Oh, yeah. Jeffery Dahmer. Harsh. I wish he'd do an interview where he talks about what he liked and hated and the replacement show runners, who thought they'd done a pretty faithful job. If I were them I'd feel insulted when it wasn't even our fault.

I don't even know how to get to Harmontown. Does anyone have a link to this? I Google and all I find is a scattering of stuff in a half dozen different places.

"Be Cageing"? Are they actually doing the class idea of forcing the study group to watch a ton of Nick Cage movies straight in a whole day? Because AWESOME IF SO.
I think I just peed a little.

blamite

I don't even know how to get to Harmontown. Does anyone have a link to this? I Google and all I find is a scattering of stuff in a half dozen different places.

[URL="http://harmontown.com/"]http://harmontown.com/[/URL]

Great podcast, definitely one of my favorites. I highly recommend it, especially if you want to get a better idea of what the guy's really like. Plus it's really funny sometimes and he plays a great game of DND every week. I'd recommend starting from the beginning.

blamite

In which episode does he talk about season 4?

Let's see, his first reaction after watching it was in episode 60, "Us Of The Dangling Wee-Wee," he apologizes for that in the next episode, I believe the Dahmer analogy was in episode 75, "Selling Like Hot Snakes," and in 76 "Hug Me, Hug Me, Hug Me" he talks for a while with some Communicon organizers who said he should stop talking. There are some others where he talks briefly about the show but those are the ones you've probably heard the most about controversy-wise.

I'd seriously recommend listening to more of it though, you can really get a good insight into why Dan is the way he is, and how much of that cones through in the first three seasons. It's also surprisingly heartwarming at times, and he has great guests.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Thanks. I'll have to add it to my rotation. I don't assume it's on iTunes. It'd be much easier. They're so long, I could never start at the beginning.

Starting with Episode 60. "I watched season 4..." *laughter*

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Thanks! I'll have to do some scrounging around there. It's hard to catch up on something that has so much content. But now it's on my subscriptions so it'll be there for later.

Edit: Can someone tell me where in episode 75 the Dahmer analogy is? The whole thing was mostly about poop snakes. I tried skimming around to find it and could not.

At least episode 76 got right into the meat of the matter.

blamite

Thanks! I'll have to do some scrounging around there. It's hard to catch up on something that has so much content. But now it's on my subscriptions so it'll be there for later.

Edit: Can someone tell me where in episode 75 the Dahmer analogy is? The whole thing was mostly about poop snakes. I tried skimming around to find it and could not.

At least episode 76 got right into the meat of the matter.

Oh, my mistake, the Dahmer analogy was actually from this Reddit thread, not actually on the podcast.

501 episode title: heh

502 episode title:
As many have assumed, I kind of assume that title is referring to Jeff coming back to Greendale to teach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom