• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S5 |OT| From the Executive Producer of Community Seasons 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Oh my goodness. I loved that so much. So many good parts had me laughing for reals.

Notable parts:

The frisbee pile on the roof.

"You have my word as leader of the white people..."

"And Jesus wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer!"
"I'm walking! I AM WALKING!"

"I have a brain the size of Jupiter. I'm nobody's fourth Ghostbuster."

"Did we give a degree.. to a dog?"
"Hmmmm...."
"HOW ARE THESE HARD QUESTIONS?"

The return of LADDERS. (Ladders 201 maybe? 301? I don't know how College works.)

"BAZINGAAAA!!!"

"Jeffery, you know, ordinarily I would do anything you say, but--"
"Do it."
"Let's do it. Oh.. Walked right into that one."

Also, fuck. Britta is looking great. I am so glad I switched back to #TeamBritta in season 4. ❤️

Is Mike (Breaking Bad) still in this?
He's better off with Saul. As much as I loved him on Community, he can do bigger things where he is now.

Keith David will be this seasons Mike.

danielcw

I do not understand how a company can buy the rights to a show for the express purpose of making a streaming version of it and yet be denied the international streaming rights to it. I don't know about the UK but content licensing here in Canada soocks.

Has Yahoo even tried to buy the rights for Canada or the UK?
I guess somebody else in the Canada, the UK and other parts of the world has the rights to it.

It is just that in the US the show went from NBC to Yahoo. The broadcaster changed, but not the production company or the structures in the background. If you want to wathc the show in the rest the world, the intended way is for you to wait until your local broadcaster airs it.

I do not understand how a company can buy the rights to a show for the express purpose of making a streaming version of it and yet be denied the international streaming rights to it. I don't know about the UK but content licensing here in Canada soocks.
So wait, what are we non-US going to do when the show goes up?

gabbo

Get around the region locks is about the only way.
Britta vs New Shirley, I can get behind this. #TeamBritta in fine form. The show looks a little closer to season 1 visually, though I'm still hoping it's less crazy concept episodes and more 'Jeff and Co deal with being in a community college' than season 3-5 ended up being.

curb

Banned

Not watch it apparently or circumvent the geographical lockout.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that in Canada, CityTV still has the broadcast and streaming rights. It sounds like they will actually air the episodes weekly on their TV channel and I would assume have them up for streaming the day after.

beat

For some reason I've been thinking the show was over this whole time :O

Somewhat related, when I posted on FB a few weeks ago that the Parks and Rec finale was perfect, a couple of friends said they thought the show had ended a season earlier. My sister had even deleted the auto-record setting on her DVR, which is why she didn't know there was a seventh season.

Leependi

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but in regards to UK airing, they've said it's going to be on the Sony TV channel the day after it airs online for the US so yeah, don't need to torrent or VPN to get it.

beat

I was rewatching the trailer, and I think Jason Mantzoukas in the trailer means
no Professor Garrity

Also, hopefully last in my complaints about Yahoo Screen for 360 -- even Burning Love, which was the high profile pickup a couple of years before Community* doesn't have a dedicated channel on Yahoo Screen for 360 and you can't even get the Burning Love show if you search for the term "burning love". This is such an incredibly terrible app. Just to be clear: on the website version of Yahoo Screen, there is a dedicated channel for Burning Love. There is also a dedicated channel for Community, not that that's available on 360 either.

* Burning Love is really good and has an absurd cast of comedy ringers

VLiberty

Found out about this series last week and I've already got to half of the second season. I'm loving it so far (and I'm loving Annie <3)

Found out about this series last week and I've already got to half of the second season. I'm loving it so far (and I'm loving Annie <3)
Welcome to team Annie!
annie61rpj7.gif

Leependi

I've been rewatching this recently since I had nothing else to watch and I'd forgotten just how good Season 2 is. It's kind of sad watching it and knowing this (and most of S3) are as good as it gets before going downhill.

Real Hero

I've been rewatching this recently since I had nothing else to watch and I'd forgotten just how good Season 2 is. It's kind of sad watching it and knowing this (and most of S3) are as good as it gets before going downhill.

Season 2 is one of the best seasons of a comedy series ever. I'll never get bored of the episodes in that season.

Derpyduck

Banned

Yep, for 2.5 seasons, this was one of the best shows ever made. Then halfway through season 3 the wheels came off.

Season 1 is still my favorite season as it is the most grounded in reality. Season 2 is when the show started becoming weird and crazy. It was still good (until midway through season 3), but lost some of its appeal to me.

Mariolee

Will either post the OT Wednesday or Thursday. Sorry guys, got caught up with Finals. Is everyone good with

Community S6 |OT| Give Me the Hope to Run on a Stream

Courtesy of Anihawk.

Lijik

Will either post the OT Wednesday or Thursday. Sorry guys, got caught up with Finals. Is everyone good with

Community S6 |OT| Give Me the Hope to Run on a Stream

Courtesy of Anihawk.

That was my favorite from back when we were pitching these

Mariolee

beat

That's...not helpful.

Guess i'll dig through the thread, thanks.

If only I'd been talking about it almost nonstop for the last few pages of this thread, listing all the options Yahoo Screen is available on and even going into detail about the steps it takes to set it up on 360!

Stackboy

Here in Australia, the new season of Community is airing on Stan. It's a streaming service like Netflix. The same day it airs in the US!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom