• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 2 |OT| of Set Phasers to 'LOVE ME'! (Renewed for season 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6bEjH.jpg

Community: Season 2
Thursdays 8PM on NBC Beginning September 23rd.
Created by Dan Harmon

Official Site

Catch up on Hulu

Cast: (with official IMDB Pages in pics, Twitter links for stalkage in names)

Joel McHale as Jeff Winger

Gillian Jacobs as Britta Perry

Danny Pudi as Abed Nadir

Yvette Brown as Shirley Bennett

Alison Brie as Annie Edison

Donald Glover as Troy Barnes

Chevy Chase as Pierce Hawthorne

Ken Jeong as Senor Chang

For those wanting to catch up in the Season One discussion
Community Season One |OT|

Season One DVD

Street date: September 21st. Click to buy.

Preview of Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl61b-l-7FE

Now with more violence

Season one did well in the ratings for NBC Thursday, but it faces stiff competition this year from "Big Bang Theory" moving to 8PM Thursdays this year.

To those that avoided this thread last year, we will do our best not to bomb GAF with endless Alison Brie avatars this year. We will also not have Costanza going all over GAF singing its praises endlessly. The show got a lot of love (and nearly equal amounts of hate) last year on GAF.

But just to get that out of the way:
6a00d8341c630a53ef013485dfb99b970c-800wi

Wads said:
Bah, mine would have been glorious. :p Looking forward to the new season!
I will be tweaking it a lil more over the next few days. This was my first OP for a show ever. Ideas on how to improve it Wads? I am open to suggestions.

AnkitT

SCMITTTYYYYYY!!!!

So costanza is gone? Welcome title for the thread though, cant wait for this season(though I found the finale not that good). :D

markot

Banned
The fact that Big Bang theory and 2.5 men rate well is so depressing >_<

Hope the series maintains its goodness, the last episode was kinda bleh...

Jerk 2.0 said:
Let us not get into this conversation.

Instead, let us admire this photo:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef013485dfb99b970c-800wi [img][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/31jEb.jpg
Allison Brie is a goddess

Buying the Season 1 boxset to gear up for 2. Can't wait.

Tweaked the OP some more. Expect more tweakage as the weekend goes on. Are any of you having trouble with the cast pics loading? I tried linking to their IMDB pics, but sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesnt. Had their twitter pics at first, but changed it. Just let me know so I can make it (in Wads' words) glorious.

And about the title: It is behind Big Bang in ratings, but I love both shows.

Oh, and Wads: I am shaking my fist at the gif overload. I forgot that about the season 1 thread. Chrome is crying. :D But all in good fun.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
markot said:
The fact that Big Bang theory and 2.5 men rate well is so depressing >_<

Hope the series maintains its goodness, the last episode was kinda bleh...

I think they are both good shows, but 2 and half men needed to end a season or so ago, it's just not that funny anymore and it's played out.

I was just relieved to see community got renewed, at least it will get two seasons, and with a bit of luck gain some steam to go on for a few more.

snesfreak

Banned
Sweet!
Now, lets see if I can keep up with Medalion in this thread. I was 400+ posts behind him (and Costanza) in the old thread.
And I'll have to double my efforts on the gifs, have to make em for here and that "other" place.

Tweaked the OP more with links to pics from the official site. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as to how to make the OP even better. Of course, I know after two pages the OP will be ignored.:lol
But any lessons learned here will help in my Supernatural season 6 thread. (Which you guys should seriously watch)

And SNESfreak, you win just for having a Who avatar. (Loves me some Who)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Fuck Big Bang Theory and its shrill obnoxious characters and awful geek pandering.

Here's hoping Community hangs in there.

Brinbe

jamesinclair said:
It will be lonely without parks and rec to keep it company
So true, that was an amazing hour of comedy. =(

Oh well, glad to have Community back soon, at least.

Medalion

Banned
I don't intend to post as much in these Community threads, I don't wanna preach to the choir. You will be able to catch up and exceed no problem. If anything, I have proven I can stay away from participating in these kinda threads in the past few months.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've been watching this recently since most of the ep's have been put up On Demand on Charter.
It's actually pretty good, mostly later in the show when it hits it's stride. The fanaticism around here managed to turn me off on it but I've grown to like it.
I'll probably follow season 2 since season 1 ended on an interesting note with Jeff kissing Trudy from Mad Men.

Too early, no? First season was really good. But I have to admit, even I was annoyed by all the Community love/hate that it got around here. Though I think it got its initial hate by last seasons thread title. Anyways, I look forward to season 2.

Team Britta!

snesfreak said:
Pete's had a good run, but it's time to return to Senor Chang.
Well, at least it is a Chang avatar, and one of the best ones. But Pete will rise from the dead again. For he is Pete.

(pours a 40 for Pete).

Me? Never had a community avatar. I will continue my rotation of Phoney Bone avatars. (Changed to reflect current interests. This time: Rock Band 3)

And to the above: not too early. Only three weeks off. The Smallville Season 10 thread has been up for a while. I just caved to the pressure to make a new thread (and slightly buzzed from drinks).

So what other TV threads do people here frequent? I am a regular in the Chuck and Fringe threads, and will be the main guy on Supernatural as well. Other TV threads I dont go into as much, even though I watch tons of stuff.

Wait, where is Parks and Rec moving? I forget. I never watched many episodes, but heard it was much improved over the first season. Thursday night was always the death night for my wife and I with television. Thankfully some other shows (shameless plug for Supernatural) moved nights so I dont have to chose what to watch when (shameless plug for Fringe).

Unfortunately, I will be watching Community on Hulu, since Big Bang is on at the same time, and is not as handy to catch after the fact.
dont worry, I dont have a neilson box

snesfreak

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Well, at least it is a Chang avatar, and one of the best ones. But Pete will rise from the dead again. For he is Pete.

(pours a 40 for Pete).
I'll probably end up with a Betty White avatar next.
Man, I really wish GAF had multiquote...

Medalion said:
Good god Wads, I am on highspeed and this page is taking quite a while to load with all those gifs
I had to close the tab while scrolling due to the slowdown in Chrome. (cries)

And dear god. The show hasn't started and the thread is growing like wildfire. (beams with pride)

snesfreak

Banned
Medalion said:
Good god Wads, I am on highspeed and this page is taking quite a while to load with all those gifs
Seriously, but it wouldn't be a Community thread without a ton of gifs :lol .

Medalion

Banned
I am used to the flood of smaller avatar gifs after a new ep...but it's like Wads decided to compound every single gif, small or BIG on one page from the old thread, that is still a bit much :lol

Medalion said:
I am used to the flood of smaller avatar gifs after a new ep...but it's like Wads decided to compound every single gif, small or BIG on one page from the old thread, that is still a bit much :lol
I agree.

No offense, Wads, but if that post of gifs was your idea of a "glorious" OP, then it is for the better that you didn't do it. No one would click because of fear of a browser crash.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom