• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 2 |OT| of Set Phasers to 'LOVE ME'! (Renewed for season 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
I love this show but I refuse to play the title game

If I know it, that's great but I wouldn't make myself remember that detail, I use that memory for other useless trivia about the show

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I guess it's just something I realized about myself. Once I hear an episode title it's committed to memory, even in shows with really obtuse naming schemes like Scrubs and Seinfeld. The Community ones tend to be very clever though, which I suppose makes it easier.

DJ_Lae

I didn't realize that the second season was relatively inexpensive (as far as DVD sets go), I think I might nab it tomorrow as I've only seen the last 6 or 7 episodes of the second season but loved the first season on Netflix.

Any reason why they don't have a blu-ray out?

Medalion

Banned
I can only speculate but for a show that is not exactly a ratings grabber, it's not terribly in the budget to make that happen just yet

DJ_Lae

Medalion said:
I can only speculate but for a show that is not exactly a ratings grabber, it's not terribly in the budget to make that happen just yet

Fair enough (I'm surprised Chuck even comes out on blu-ray).

I guess that's why they dumped the entire first season on Canadian Netflix. And I'm grateful they did, because I'd never even heard of the show before that but fell in love after only a few episodes.

Medalion

Banned
DJ_Lae said:
Fair enough (I'm surprised Chuck even comes out on blu-ray).

I guess that's why they dumped the entire first season on Canadian Netflix. And I'm grateful they did, because I'd never even heard of the show before that but fell in love after only a few episodes.
I'm surprised too, cuz Chuck's blu-ray transfers are just awful

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Medalion said:
Seinfeld episode names actually make sense to me

But then again I've been a long time Seinfeld fan
:) My favorite comedy of all time. Actually it's a satisfying little mini-game for me to see how much plot detail I need before I can name the episode title. Sometimes you have to make so many logical leaps to figure out where the name comes in...

DJ_Lae

Medalion said:
I'm surprised too, cuz Chuck's blu-ray transfers are just awful

That they are. But the show doesn't really look that great when it airs in HD either. Community holds up pretty well.

Medalion

Banned
DJ_Lae said:
That they are. But the show doesn't really look that great when it airs in HD either. Community holds up pretty well.
The DVD of season 2, when watched on my PS3 that upconverts DVDs, they look so good I swear I almost cannot tell the difference between the HD versions and the DVD

However the extras definetly show their lower quality

DJ_Lae said:
Chuck is filmed on some of the cheapest film to cut down on cost. Its not going to look amazing in HD (though it should probably look better than the dvd just due to not needing to be up-rezed)

beat

Medalion said:
Apparently Community has won some some sort of technical award from the Emmys for their Stop-motion Christmas Episode

According to the Twitter chatter, Dan Harmon and Alison Brie will be there to accept it or something
I hope the animator also gets to accept it.

mclem

Hawkian said:
That's Basic Rocket Science, Paradigms of Human Memory, Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, and For a Few Paintballs More.

Huh... I guess I'm an episode title nerd.

You missed Cooperative Calligraphy from the list; he mentioned the bottle episode.

Jasoco

Banned
Watching the commentaries now. A little disappointed with the one for the debate episode. They spent most of the time being bored and instead of talking about the episode they called Robert Smeigel and talked about TV Funhouse. Then tried to call Andy Dick, who never called back, but for some reason still appears in the guest commentators list. Boo. Booooo. I love this episode and they didn't even try.

Then the next episode is another great commentary from the people who actually like the show. Seriously. If you aren't going to try, don't even try. Get the other actors in there and let them talk about it.

Medalion

Banned
There are some commentaries where it's like they don't try too much and are just goofing off like crazy

That place must be an animal house, summer camp for adults

DJ_Lae

I found a copy of the second season earlier today - but man was it hard to find. London Drugs had none, Future Shop didn't even have it in their system, nothing at Walmart, and Best Buy only had a single copy left shoved at the very bottom of their 'new releases' display.

I guess Canada does hate Community, which is sad.

Medalion

Banned
DJ_Lae said:
I found a copy of the second season earlier today - but man was it hard to find. London Drugs had none, Future Shop didn't even have it in their system, nothing at Walmart, and Best Buy only had a single copy left shoved at the very bottom of their 'new releases' display.

:/

mj1108

DJ_Lae said:

Or...it's so popular that you lucked out in finding the last copy?

Oh my god. I just finished "Basic Rocket Science." That is one of my favorites episodes, if not my favorite. Spectacular in every way. Especially the Troy and Abed bit at the end.

Fuck yes. And Solo said to stop after Season 1? lulz

Medalion

Banned
Dax01 said:
Oh my god. I just finished "Basic Rocket Science." That is one of my favorites episodes, if not my favorite. Spectacular in every way. Especially the Troy and Abed bit at the end.

Have some KFC on us

Solo

Dax01 said:

There is no hope for you. None at all. Terrible episode.

Solo said:
There is no hope for you. None at all. Terrible episode.
:lol This statement only validates its quality. Too bad you can't enjoy it.

Loved the way in the end
Harmon and co. made it feel like Jeff and crew came back from an actual mission.

Jasoco

Banned
Anyone who doesn't like Basic Rocket Science can't be called a Community Fan. That's like hating Contemporary American Poultry as well.

BJK

Green Scar said:
What are we calling the S3 |OT|? My suggestion:

Community Season 3 |OT| It's a Locomotive That Runs On Us!

Community Season 3 |OT| of Annies Boobs Stealing Your Stuff!
Community Season 3 |OT| of John Goodman?!? Why the Hell Not?
Community Season 3 |OT| of Stalking Dan Harmon and Alison Brie on Twitter

Edit: One more...

Community Season 3 |OT| of Chang Babies, Prof. Professorsen, and Magnetic Attitude

Community Season 3 |OT| of Feels Good Man, Feels Real John Goodman.
Community Season 3 |OT| of Omar Comin! Feels Good Man.
Community Season 3 |OT| of E Pluribus Anus, Omar Comin', and Feels Good Mans

Medalion said:
Community 3 |OT| Feels Goodman

tumblr_lpeqnsukRy1qe4jrzo1_500.gif

Medalion

Banned
I am particularly fond of that title, because I was using that line all over Community sites when word got out when John was comin aboard

Jasoco

Banned
"Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie!"

Gets my vote as well. Runner up:

"Community Season 3 |OT| of Having More Fun and Being Less Weird"

Medalion

Banned
I want everybody to know that I volunteer to make the new Season 3 thread and already have worked out a lot of the logistics

If anybody has objection please let me know

big ander

Medalion said:
I want everybody to know that I volunteer to make the new Season 3 thread and already have worked out a lot of the logistics

If anybody has objection please let me know
Nah it should go to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom