• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S4 |OT| I Remember When This Show Was About Community College

Status
Not open for further replies.
volA2U4.gif

I really hope this happens.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
heyyy everybody more news

TVLine has learned exclusively that Brie Larson will reprise her role as the pop-culture fiend’s quirky Community companion, Rachel, for at least one Season 5 installment.

Fuck yes!

Only one installment maybe? Hopefully it's more. I told them she should replace Troy and help Abed get over losing him. But I'll take a single visit. If only to see that Abed can keep a girlfriend for more than one day. He's gone through so many in this show.

My goodness this season is going to be jam packed. Only 13 episodes, but it's like every episode is going to have one or more guest star.

Hey NBC, about that return date, huh?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Anyway, I'm doing a Community marathon again. It's that time I'd say.

"Did you say 'S'?"

Edit: I completely forgot Badger was in three episodes of season 1.

Mariolee

Another guest star coming in.

BWZGuTMCUAALW9G.jpg

benjamin folds ‏@BenFolds 11 Oct
I'm not a botanist. Or an actor. But I play both on TV. For a day. #Community pic.twitter.com/9si9x0RbnW

Happy to do it anytime. Was fun! @joelmchale @alisonbrie pic.twitter.com/7HKwrqwYpZ

I had no idea who this was at first.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wow, that's awful. I thought Season 4 was on par with the quality of Season 3 so I personally don't think he has a leg to stand on.
He's just defending his baby. Something he rarely gets to do because everyone else just takes his stuff and says "it's ours now, we're gonna change it how we feel". At least NBC gave it back.

But I disagree with him on season 4 too, but didn't expect him to ever say a single nice thing about it of course.

I feel bad for the showrunners who were so proud of themselves for keeping the show feeling like Community and thought they were gonna be doing season 5, now here comes Harmon putting them down.

Harmon gonna Harmon.

beat

I feel bad for the showrunners who were so proud of themselves for keeping the show feeling like Community and thought they were gonna be doing season 5, now here comes Harmon putting them down.
Did that (first part) happen? I thought Port and Guarascio turned down the offer to do season 5?

Lijik

I really feel like this was just Harmon making an increasingly outrageous analogy for humor and not really meant as a slam to season 4 (although its clear his feelings on it) and it just got picked up because it had "dan harmon" and "season 4" in it.

Not that I have much sympathy for him, dude should have learned his lesson when he did the exact same thing earlier this year

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am actually watching the third season, saw two of three DVDs and I am really upset about the hole season as far. Only the episodes with the multiple Timestreams and the documentary about the pillow war were great and had the same creativity as in season two. It lacks all the creativity and great ideads for the episodes, the series had in the past.

I hope, season 4 is better again.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I am actually watching the third season, saw two of three DVDs and I am really upset about the hole season as far. Only the episodes with the multiple Timestreams and the documentary about the pillow war were great and had the same creativity as in season two. It lacks all the creativity and great ideads for the episodes, the series had in the past.

I hope, season 4 is better again.
Season 4 pretty much emulates the weirdest episodes of season 3. And it was the best one!

Not really, I just wanted to quote Troy. Troy Troy the wonder boy.

inm8num2

Season 3 is a little more rocky or inconsistent in its quality, but I still love it overall. Nothing in season 3 strikes me as bad - just a little weird at times.

AniHawk

Season 3 is a little more rocky or inconsistent in its quality, but I still love it overall. Nothing in season 3 strikes me as bad - just a little weird at times.

the celebrity impressions episode is probably the worst in the series. the glee christmas episode didn't impress me either, although i can see its appeal.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The only thing I didn't like about Season 3 was that they regressed Abed. Seriously, that scream.

This character that was smarter and more grounded in his own reality than the others' realities is now crying because he doesn't apparently understand the concept of Daylight Savings Time.

I also really miss Agent Robin Vohlers.
I agree. I sadly agree. It was my first "WTF is going on?" moment with Community. And not in the good way.

And it wasn't that he didn't understand the concept. He just didn't understand the point of it still being used. Which he's right. DST is outdated and needs to be done away with. This isn't the '50s anymore.

Also, why would the guy be changing the clocks during school hours? Wouldn't it be Sunday? Alternatively, why aren't the clocks electronically changed via a central system? The ones in my school were. And that's older than Greendale would be. I doubt they'd all be battery powered as that's a hell of a lot of batteries. And why am I bothering with this? Also, WHY AM I SHOUTING? I'M DRAWING ATTENTION TO MYSELF.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. I sadly agree. It was my first "WTF is going on?" moment with Community. And not in the good way.

And it wasn't that he didn't understand the concept. He just didn't understand the point of it still being used. Which he's right. DST is outdated and needs to be done away with. This isn't the '50s anymore.

Also, why would the guy be changing the clocks during school hours? Wouldn't it be Sunday? Alternatively, why aren't the clocks electronically changed via a central system? The ones in my school were. And that's older than Greendale would be. I doubt they'd all be battery powered as that's a hell of a lot of batteries. And why am I bothering with this? Also, WHY AM I SHOUTING? I'M DRAWING ATTENTION TO MYSELF.

I don't knoooouuuuuAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They even kept that screaming gimmick in season 4 when he was stuck inside the Tardis-esque Inspector Spacetime thing.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't knoooouuuuuAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They even kept that screaming gimmick in season 4 when he was stuck inside the Tardis-esque Inspector Spacetime thing.
No they didn't. That was the one time Abed remained calm because he knew Troy would come and find him.

You're thinking of the Troy and Abed with Annie as a guest who rearranged their room. Which was also in season 3.

Lijik

Been waiting for the dude to break down since his EP. He needs to take an actual break.

I feel like Ive been hearing about much Donald just works all the time since the season 2 commentaries of Community. Seems like his health and the deaths were the feather on the bugs bunny stack. I gotta give him props for going this long before finally breaking down, but I agree the guy needs an actual break.

Mariolee

Wow, that's pretty heavy. Honestly, it sounds like stuff we all deal with so I'm not sure he needs "help" per se. Just a break to think things through. Hoping for the best.

I was actually listening to Do Ya Like by Gambino when I stumbled upon the article originally.

Wow, that's pretty heavy. Honestly, it sounds like stuff we all deal with so I'm not sure he needs "help" per se. Just a break to think things through. Hoping for the best.

I was actually listening to Do Ya Like by Gambino when I stumbled upon the article originally.

Dude wears his heart on his sleeve to a detriment, I think. It's hard to say if he just says these things because he's open or because he's so affected that he can't not say them.

I lean toward the latter perspective.

Slevin

Dude wears his heart on his sleeve to a detriment, I think. It's hard to say if he just says these things because he's open or because he's so affected that he can't not say them.

I lean toward the latter perspective.

Well if we go by the story he told at the end of the song That Power from Camp, he learned that he needs to tell everything to everybody so that no one can talk behind his back. Maybe it's both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom