• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2005 Dynasty Mode off-season info!

DMczaf

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/527/527926p1.html?fromint=1

ncaa-football-2005-20040701060128384-000.jpg

I don't know about you, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend a lot of money on discipline and with a lot of seniors heading into the new season, recruiting is going to be very important. The amount you spend on recruiting affects how many points you'll have to send coaches to meet with players. It essentially provides for a wider net of recruits, but doesn't necessarily increase your recruitment chances. Still, I droped discipline down to 10%, mainly because I want to see if I can piss off the NCAA in the new season, and also because I want to see how much more effective it is to devote 45% of resources to training.

ncaa-football-2005-20040701060129384-000.jpg

Players Leaving

Looking at the list of departing players can always be a bit nerve-racking. I already know the seniors I'm losing, but I have to worry that one of my underclassman stars will try and go pro early. And that's the case as right tackle Matt Murdock and All Conference USA halfback Victor Von Doom are heading off for the pros. However, any departing athlete can potentially be convinced to stay. This is a gamble, as you'll need to spend points from the first week of recruiting in your attempt.

Fortunately, there's a meter indicating a player's interest in staying in school. If a player is leaning considerably towards heading pro, save the points. I made the mistake of spending a chunk on trying to convince Von Doom to stay put. It didn't work. But, I will be able to import him into my first Madden draft. Von Doom to the Niners? Yes, indeed.

With seniors and the two players leaving school early, I'm down 16 players. The worst part is, most of my seniors were starters, and there are a lot of holes to fill at wide receiver and in the secondary. Goodbye Clark Kent, so long Johnny Storm, adios J. Jonah Jameson. It could be a tough year for TCU.

ncaa-football-2005-20040701060128712-000.jpg

You can still search for players based on region, talent level, or interested prospects. Interested players will have a green dot by their name so you can easily identify who shows at least some interest in your program. Examining a player more closely will show how high the interest level. You can then choose to either scout the player or try and recruit them.

There is also a new "Athlete" category for players who are able to play multiple positions. Drafting an slash type of athlete allows you to move them to different positions from season to season as needs arise, or simply to best suit their skills as they develop.

There is also a new "Athlete" category for players who are able to play multiple positions. Drafting an slash type of athlete allows you to move them to different positions from season to season as needs arise, or simply to best suit their skills as they develop.

That's cool.

Top Bottom