• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Football 07 screens and videos (No 360, so non-football fans stay out!)

DMczaf

I wonder how old these photos are

wtf9sc.jpg

wtf

DCX

DCX
Color me excited! Can't wait to get my hands on this game, and get in on some GAF leauge action.

DCX

SonnyBoy

DenogginizerOS said:
I doubt UPS/FedEx is delivering on 4th of July. But July is a given, I believe.

We wont be delivering squat on the 4th which falls on a Tue. this year. We will deliver on the 3rd and 5th as usual.

newsguy

NONE of these things matter if it's not running @ 60fps. I used to be in the camp of "who cares" but those days are long gone after playing Madden 360. The fluidity is lost and there's even a delay in the time you hit the buttons and when the player performs the move. I will be the Gek of sports games if I have to, I mean look at the difference between Live and 2K6 on the 360, it was night and day. Choppiness doesn't translate well when split secong decisions are being made.

KarishBHR

newsguy said:
NONE of these things matter if it's not running @ 60fps. I used to be in the camp of "who cares" but those days are long gone after playing Madden 360. The fluidity is lost and there's even a delay in the time you hit the buttons and when the player performs the move. I will be the Gek of sports games if I have to, I mean look at the difference between Live and 2K6 on the 360, it was night and day. Choppiness doesn't translate well when split secong decisions are being made.

You've got to assume they're going to fine tune the engine right?

bdoughty

Banned
"The variety of teams you'll find in current gen is missing, however, as there are only 119 schools in the game (all 1A schools), and there are no all-time great teams. Also missing are the Stadium Pulse and home field advantage, not to mention the huge upgrade to the playbooks (including trick plays) and Campus Legend mode (create a character and become the most popular dude in school) that you'll find in NCAA current gen are disappointingly MIA on 360."

:lol No next gen 1AA and extended playbooks for the loss.

h1nch

1. the graphics look great. I hope to god the animations and frame rate are fluid

2. uhh, why are there still features missing? i understand madden was on a deadline to ship with the 360 launch, but they've had a whole extra year to work on this version. not that i give a shit about the 1AA teams, but I liked stadium pulse.

Zep

Banned
h1nch said:
1. the graphics look great. I hope to god the animations and frame rate are fluid

2. uhh, why are there still features missing? i understand madden was on a deadline to ship with the 360 launch, but they've had a whole extra year to work on this version. not that i give a shit about the 1AA teams, but I liked stadium pulse.

so you can buy 2 versions.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Also missing are the Stadium Pulse and home field advantage, not to mention the huge upgrade to the playbooks (including trick plays) and Campus Legend mode (create a character and become the most popular dude in school) that you'll find in NCAA current gen are disappointingly MIA on 360.

How can Stadium Pulse and home field advantage not be in the game? That has to be some of the easiest and most basic features to put into the game.

NCAA Football rocks anyway! One of my favorite games.

Just when I was about to get heated about the crippled playbooks, a mod over on OS said:

Just got an update on the playbooks. Robinson made some mishaps from what I was told. I know Jon was probably excited or something. From what I was told the playbooks in next gen are larger than the ones in current gen. But the next gen just has more basic plays because the focus of the game was on basic game play. The example given to me was that in current gen the game has 12 base formations but in next gen it will be up to 21 base formations for each playbook.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=167796

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The crowd standing up when a runner breaks free sounds awesome. The sun positioning and all the photos taken to generate a reproduction of a 2 mile radius around the stadium sounds great. I am looking forward to seeing how Lane Stadium looks. :)

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Impact players have also been refined from last year. Forget the days of random zones and receivers dropping passes only to get hot. Getting in a zone is now based on situations. It's 3rd and 1 with time running out. This is the time you need your HB to step up and make a play. This is when the game is on the line. This is where having an Impact Player is really going to pay off. In Dynasty mode, player performance will be evaluated every three to four games, so if a player is stepping up, he can be designated an Impact Player whereas if one of your early season studs starts slipping, he could loose his icon blinking status.

Sounds great.

Leewan

ncaa-football-360-first-look-20060420093056789.jpg

If there is going to be a graphical upgrade then there better be an upgrade in fundamentals. If next gen is about physics then this should be a fumble waiting to happen 90% of the time. I'm still waiting for linemen controls that will let me give a defender nutpunch if they try and jump to bat a ball down. Those are fundamentals only an offensive line coach will teach.

bluemax

Banned
ZootedGranny said:
The impact the momentum makes sounds absolutely horrible, and I'm envisioning the computer using trick plays at horrible times.

From the improvements they've mentioned, I'm most interested in seeing how they've changed the playbooks between teams.

Hopefully, IGN has video for the 360 version tomorrow...I'm praying it looks like the NCAA/Madden of old in motion.

How is that any different from the CPU now? They bust out that reverse pass crap in the first quarter and run it 3 times in a row.

I could do without the ESPN Impact stuff but whatever. I'm glad they're revamping special teams, I don't think I've ever seen a single muffed punt snap or blocked field goal in all the time I've played this game.

There are 70 schools that got the full treatment of details, including everything in a two mile radius around the stadium. Someone from EA Sports drove the country for four to five months last year taking pictures throughout each stadium and the surrounding areas. He would stand at the 50 yard line with his camera and shoot in a circle in order to realistically depict every section. He even busted out the measuring tape, taking measurements of rails, stands, seats, and sidelines then translated them into the game. One Tiburon producer claimed that the 360 version is the closest replicas you can see of a stadium without having the blueprints. As an example, the current gen stadiums consist of 2,500 polygons. Next gen? Try 125,000 polygons. In terms of textures, the current gen game claims one-half meg of texture space. Next gen claims 17 megs. That's why you'll finally see the H-style goalposts at LSU and even the 5 yd markers on certain fields.

My dream job. Also check out the band section in the lower left hand corner of the picture Leewann posted.

Also does anyone know of a website where I can download hi-res images of staduims for use as a computer wallpaper.

Holy shit EA. This is next fucking gen and features are still being cut from the 360?? Fuck that. Complety unacceptable.

That whole thing about that guy that drove around for 5 months taking pictures sounds cool as hell but I would rather see physics based animations than a 2 fucking mile area of the surrounding school.

I don't get how you can update the stadiums and crowds like this and then REMOVE home field advantage and stadium pulse. These things should work hand in hand. Fucking retarded.

Top Bottom