• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ND Got GAF Feedback Re: UC3 Aiming Issues, Cutscene Viewer, Animation Changes Coming

A.R.K

So has any one accepted Arne's request yet? I love devs who appreciate the feedback from their fans and go the extra mile.

Thanks Arne and ND!

sajj316

A.R.K said:
So has any one accepted Arne's request yet? I love devs who appreciate the feedback from their fans and go the extra mile.

Thanks Arne and ND!

AwesomeSauce .. to be there 12 PM PST/3 PM EST

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This request is probably an Uncharted 4 playtest in disguise so they can get the aiming down from the beginning for UC4

ultron87

Anabuhabkuss said:
That's one way of looking at it.

Or

"Hey, GAF, we know you guys all spent $60 to play our game but can some of you come over and help us fix it"

I don't get this site at times. I mean, I love it here but damn...

Yes, it is nice to know, however, that they are listening and are wanting to fix it. I just think the way they're going about doing it is inappropriate.

So you're saying that ND should've just tried to figure out the problem that they apparently didn't notice throughout development on their own instead of reaching out to their community?

I somehow doubt that anyone from here who ends up going to ND will feel terribly burdened by the experience or have a negative time.

Anabuhabkuss said:

Or

"Hey, GAF, we know you guys all spent $60 to play our game but can some of you come over and help us fix it"

Yes, it is nice to know, however, that they are listening and are wanting to fix it. I just think the way they're going about doing it is inappropriate.

Yeah, I'm sure they are inviting some random guy from the internet over to fix a game for them. Naughty Dog are incompetent, that's how they roll. Condemning a developer for reaching out instead of just saying fuck off like 99% of them do.

I don't get this site at times, either

Fixed1979

Anabuhabkuss said:

Or

As opposed to other developers who ignore issues and don't do anything?

Either people complain because devs don't support their games or people complain because devs go way out of their way to address the complaints.

test_account

XP-39C²
Anabuhabkuss said:

Or

This is more about personal preference though, it isnt exactly something that is breaking the game for everyone. I beaten the game on Crushing today and i didnt feel that much hindered by the aiming.

TheExodu5

Banned
Anabuhabkuss said:
Again, i said the means by which they're going about doing this is inappropriate. You can reach out to a community without inviting them over. Read their original request again if you've forgotten it.

How is it inappropriate? They're not susceptible to the issue and things will go much better if someone can articulate the issue in person. I'm sure the person going there is going to be happy to have a free field-trip to the Naughty Dog offices.

patsu

Anabuhabkuss said:
I'm not complaining that they're addressing it. Convenient you should ignore my last sentance on previous post.

Again, i said the means by which they're going about doing this is inappropriate. You can reach out to a community without inviting them over. Read their original request again if you've forgotten it.

and, yes, it is their game, their job. I don't remember them asking people over to help with aiming around uncharted 2's release.

I would love an explanation from them on why they fiddled with the controls to begin with.

No need to get defensive unless you're merely exercising a right to be an apologist.

I don't think you need to pull the apologist card. It's unclear what causes the problem and how widespread it is at this point. I can move the cursor any direction I want on my PS3.

They probably fiddled with the controls to try improve it further, and make it work with the improved engine. It's the nature of software. Connected subsystems can interact with each other in subtle ways.

I don't see why it's a bad idea to invite fans over. They can also take the opportunity to test more stuff since the studio is already setup for that sort of things.

Wario, didn't ND say they were moving on from the franchise?

Uncharted ? I think they said they will make it as long as we are interested.

ultron87 said:
It's called Unkarted.
Kart racing doesn't fit with the uncharted universe though.

Uncharted 4x4 fits better in uncharted canon.

Drake and Sully gotta drive through forests, ice caves and zombie filled submarine docks in order to get to some mystical treasure.

Corto

Ohhhh ND are evil! This was their plan from the start. They'll take us one by one until there's no one left to say that aiming feels sluggish. Poor awesomesauce! Arne will be back in no time nonchalantly asking for just one more volunteer to help the team troubleshoot the game.

Desiato

It's cool how Naughty Dog seems serious about fixxing this. I'm holding off my next playthrough until they fix this. Really, the wonky gunplay was my only gripe with this game.

LiK

Corto said:
Ohhhh ND are evil! This was their plan from the start. They'll take us one by one until there's no one left to say that aiming feels sluggish. Poor awesomesauce! Arne will be back in no time nonchalantly asking for just one more volunteer to help the team troubleshoot the game.
Arne will throw gold bullion engraved with Drake's face at us.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Unkarted on PSN, using a reskinned Jak X engine to minimize the costs for doing something so silly, yet so right.

Reallink

So have they commented on why they can't just "port over" the MP scheme? What's the point of going to such lengths as inviting people over for play tests when they already have a workable solution? I gather they're claiming they can't use UC2 cause bullet trajectories behave differently or something? I don't really see how that has any bearing on stick diagonals, deadzones, input lag, and auto aim--but whatever, at least they kind of attempted to explain it away.

funkystudent said:

Drake and Sully gotta drive through forests, ice caves and zombie filled submarine docks in order to get to some mystical treasure.

you're joking but I would play the fuck out of that.

Spike

Is it at all possible that the issue has to do with the difficulty level? I tried it on very easy, and the controls seem to respond better than Normal/Hard difficulties I am playing on.

Anabuhabkuss said:

Or

I was wondering how someone could possibly make this situation look bad on ND's part. Somehow, you did it. Bravo.

SykoTech

Great to see feedback for this happening so soon. Though I can't help but be curious as to how such a vocal issue went unnoticed previously. I mean, of course the reviewers aren't going to say a thing. But I would think that the developers would be able to tell.

funkystudent said:

I would play this game if it were real, no joke. It'd be a real fun MP game especially.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Luckyman said:
People are complaining this on BF3 PS3 and UC3. Yet the devs claim nothing has changed.. something is up
Getting my tinfoil hat ready.

Spike said:
Is it at all possible that the issue has to do with the difficulty level? I tried it on very easy, and the controls seem to respond better than Normal/Hard difficulties I am playing on.
Haha, I said the same earlier today:

Jocchan said:
Last night I replayed a few chapters to get the treasures I missed during my playthrough.
To go through them quickly, I set the difficulty to Very Easy. The amount of auto aim with that setting is, yes, ridiculous (if you press L1 while looking in the general direction of enemies, you'll be automatically be aiming at them) but it somehow felt nicer and more enjoyable than having to fight the crosshair on Hard.
Very Easy has extreme autoaim, so even though you're not really aiming yourself things feel a lot more enjoyable and you don't feel like you're fighting a crosshair among the other enemies.

braves01

Banned
funkystudent said:

I would play this, too. I've got the lovechild of Motor Storm and Uncharted in my head right now.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
So he's not back yet then?

Looking foward to seeing what he was up to, I hope everything went well, I'd be pretty nervous tbh.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Spike said:
Well, Very Easy features an enemy lock on feature, like in CoD. As long as you're facing an enemy and you press L1, the aim locks on to them, so there's no much aiming to be done (not sure if aim keeps being locked on them 100% as they move around though)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lowrider007 said:
So he's not back yet then?

Looking foward to seeing what he was up to, I hope everything went well, I'd be pretty nervous tbh.

It's only been an hour...

Naughty Dog releases the "aiming" patch next week.

This internet rejoices that the aiming is now "perfect".

Naughty Dog announces that the patch changed nothing, but was purely a mini study in the psychology of gamers.

BruiserBear said:

Naughty Dog announces that the patch changed nothing, but was purely a mini study in the psychology of gamers.
hahaha

Salmonax

BruiserBear said:

10zmxi1.gif

Girsej

Wow, to be honest I thought people were exaggerating but now I've played UC3. I've gone from poping headshots all the time in UC2 SP to having a hard time aiming at all in UC3 SP, so I'm siding with the "crazies".
It'd be awesome if they fix it because goddamn it's infuriating :mad:

StuBurns

Banned
BruiserBear said:

They've already said it's the same as UC2 haven't they? They're hardly going patch it and claim it's samer than it was.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
BruiserBear said:

My plan is to say the patch changed nothing even if I feel it did.

Corto

An insider was able to share these gifs of awesomesauce on Naughty Dog's Head Quarters... My god! The monsters!

tumblr_lbqcahcudB1qethn4o1_500.gif

1976917_o.gif

meppi

Anabuhabkuss said:
Guerilla didn't ask for help from the community to patch KZ2 controls. They went to work.
Really bad example there I think.
Just look back at the KZ3 MP Beta and how people tried to tell them all the things that were wrong with the game and put together elaborate posts explaining in detail what needed to be done to turn things around.

How did they respond?
Basically by saying, sorry, but we know what's right for the game and all you critics can F off. We're doing it our way and that's it.

Didn't turn out very good in the end for them though.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
StuBurns said:
They've already said it's the same as UC2 haven't they? They're hardly going patch it and claim it's samer than it was.
Statement was contradictory anyway. I'm pretty sure what he meant to say there is they poll the analog stick the same way ("values are the same") but then what they do with those values is different ("we upped the sensitivity"). It was just worded badly.

StuBurns said:

In the joke I was making it would be assumed they'd first claim the patch fixed the aiming, only to later state it actually changed nothing, and thus the internet lolz would begin.

StuBurns

Banned
BruiserBear said:
In the joke I was making it would be assumed they'd first claim the patch fixed the aiming, only to later state it actually changed nothing, and thus the internet lolz would begin.
Yeah, I got the joke, it really just spurred that line of thought for me. You can't say something is the same, then say you've changed it to make it the same, but Lord Error is probably right.

Ra1den

Anabuhabkuss said:

Are you...joking? You don't think that anybody in the area would GLADLY take a chance to visit the ND studios? What world do you live in?

Top Bottom