• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ND Got GAF Feedback Re: UC3 Aiming Issues, Cutscene Viewer, Animation Changes Coming

sajj316

arne said:
we built a faraday cage to avoid this.
Arne, what's going on?

- Did Awesomesauce make it?
- Is he alive?
- if he's made it and he's live, has he communicated the issues well enough for you guys to identify a problem (if there is one)

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
For all we know Awesomesuace may of had to sighn an nda so he may not be able to tell us much, hopefully that isn't case though.

darkwing

lowrider007 said:
For all we know Awesomesuace may of had to sighn an nda so he may not be able to tell us much, hopefully that isn't case though.
awwww I wanted know if there were PS4 devkits

sajj316

darkwing said:
was awesomesauce properly briefed on his mission?
Yes

- help ND identify issue
- uncover info on UC4
- take snaps of the ps4 and uncover toolkit specs
- find out if Ken K is working at naughty. How the hell could they push this damn machine to theoretical limits without this man.

What am I missing?

darkwing

sajj316 said:
Yes

- help ND identify issue
- uncover info on UC4
- take snaps of the ps4 and uncover toolkit specs
- find out if Ken K is working at naughty. How the hell could they push this damn machine to theoretical limits without this man.

What am I missing?
if Unkarted runs at 60fps

sajj316

DerZuhälter said:
Stop talking about an Uncharted racing game / Unkarted! Else ND will say: "Gamers (Gaf) were asking for it!"
That and a fighting game called Undefeated ... I want to bust some heads with fat Drake.

arne

We had two folks in Awesomesauce and Cartridgeblower. Unfortunately, they made it out alive.

We think it was really fruitful. Stay tuned.

thuway

arne said:
We had two folks in Awesomesauce and Cartridgeblower. Unfortunately, they made it out alive.

Can they talk about what they did or were NDA's signed? You know GAF is begging to know.

Dug

Banned
arne said:

What's your definition of "alive"....

Corto

arne said:

Oh did they? Cyborg switcharoo confirmed.

Regardless if anything gets changed or not, the fact that ND invited anyone to go and spend some time in the studio and discuss matters is just amazing in my eyes. Arne, you are truly one of a kind here on GAF, and I'm pretty sure I can speak for most everyone when I say thank you for being so involved.

Also, props to the 2 gentlemen that went and shared some of the concerns that we have about the game.

Thank you!

krioto

Girsej said:
Wow, to be honest I thought people were exaggerating but now I've played UC3. I've gone from poping headshots all the time in UC2 SP to having a hard time aiming at all in UC3 SP, so I'm siding with the "crazies".
It'd be awesome if they fix it because goddamn it's infuriating :mad:

I don't think we should rule out the possibility that you may suck?

Salmonax

arne said:
Yes, I bet they did.

khaaaan.jpg

But awesome to hear, Arne. Really great of you guys to do this.

mik83kuu

Banned
I wonder if either of the gaffers brought their PS3 along with them. I mean it would help to know if this is a PS3 related issue or not.

sajj316

mik83kuu said:
I wonder if either of the gaffers brought their PS3 along with them. I mean it would help to know if this is a PS3 related issue or not.
I'm hopIng they can write about their visit and not be subject to a NDA.

Anabuhabkuss said:
That's one way of looking at it.

Or

"Hey, GAF, we know you guys all spent $60 to play our game but can some of you come over and help us fix it"

I don't get this site at times. I mean, I love it here but damn...

Yes, it is nice to know, however, that they are listening and are wanting to fix it. I just think the way they're going about doing it is inappropriate.

As someone with no horse in this race either way, I think it's a good move on their part. It's going to yield feedback from a user which they aren't able to get from their QA or watching a bunch of videos on YouTube, it's a good piece of community engagement and they'll get a lot of deserved goodwill out of it. Don't be cynical, brah.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Hey guys!

I had a long talk with Justin Richmond of ND (who was very awesome btw!) about the controls and other issues like the missing motion blur etc. Also met Arne who is also really cool. They couldn't be anymore welcoming. Its still hasn't hit me that I was there at their studio lol. Also met Amy Henning( felt surreal lol) and got her and Justin Richmond to sign my copies of the Uncharted series. My inner fanboy is happy ;-)

Anyway I'll talk more later, I'm chillin' with my buddy around Santa Monica right now.

And yeah they made me sign an NDA, but I'm sure I can talk about what I discussed with ND in regards to the aiming problem.

sajj316

AwesomeSauce said:
Hey guys!

I had a long talk with Justin Richmond of ND (who was very awesome btw!) about the controls and other issues like the missing motion blur etc. Also met Arne who is also really cool. They couldn't be anymore welcoming. Its still hasn't hit me that I was there at their studio lol. Also met Amy Henning( felt surreal lol) and got her and Justin Richmond to sign my copies of the Uncharted series. My inner fanboy is happy ;-)

Anyway I'll talk more later, I'm chillin' with my buddy around Santa Monica right now.

And yeah they made me sign an NDA, but I'm sure I can talk about what I discussed with ND in regards to the aiming problem.
Come here you and give me a hug!

AwesomeSauce said:
Hey guys!

I guess the simple question would be do ND now understand what the problem some people are having is?

Corto

AwesomeSauce said:
Hey guys!

Damn. Amy Hennig herself?! Now I'm jealous...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
AwesomeSauce said:
Hey guys!

Awesome to hear. I hope that we can hear about the tech details and the aiming stuff at a later date, even though it's NDA'd. I'm always curious about that kind of thing.

Ricky_R

AwesomeSauce said:
Hey guys!

Did you push your luck and asked for a job there? Janitor maybe?

StuBurns

Banned
I just played MP for the first time, it is better, but it's still not the same as UC2. One thing I did notice that I really like is there's a single dot for a reticule on screen at all times, so if and when you press L1 you know where the gun will be. It gives you a better sense of place I think. If there is going to be a control patch, I'd like to see that as an option for the single player.

I was half expecting a video to show up on the Internet of Awesomesauce tied up and on his knees with a gag in his mouth with two hooded developers behind him. Nice to see otherwise.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
StuBurns said:
I just played MP for the first time, it is better, but it's still not the same as UC2. One thing I did notice that I really like is there's a single dot for a reticule on screen at all times, so if and when you press L1 you know where the gun will be. It gives you a better sense of place I think. If there is going to be a control patch, I'd like to see that as an option for the single player.

You know what's weird? One of the old videos that I remember from Uncharted 1 had crosshairs on screen. So somewhere down the line they took off crosshairs intentionally but added a dot for UC3 MP.

A.R.K

arne said:

Awesomesauce and Cartridgeblower come back saying GAF was wrong...there is no problem with aiming, its all in your head...

very fruitful indeed ... all went according to ND's plan ;)

sajj316

Arne, this was a perfect PR opportunity. Should have had videos to document this thing. Release it on YouTube as "You speak, Naughty listens"

RoadHazard

Gold Member
A.R.K said:
Awesomesauce and Cartridgeblower come back saying GAF was wrong...there is no problem with aiming, its all in your head...

very fruitful indeed ... all went according to ND's plan ;)

"I love Big Br... I mean Naughty Dog."

Top Bottom