• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Soundtrack Revealed

rrs

Guess I'll see of it's good before just playing the soundtrack from 3-5 instead

R U READY

No Get Low is a damn shame. I could have pretended it was a NFS Underground game.
It basically is already.

I mean -thats not a complete list- theres still a chance-

Right?
J6mIqT4.gif

Arttemis

Can you listed to any of these tunes when playing without requiring an internet connection?

Turn Shrewd for What would've been a perfect modern day counterpoint to Get Low.

jesu

They nailed it when you could stream music from your PC into Need For Speed Rivals on the Xbox 360.
I'd be happy if they brought that back for when I got bored hearing these songs over and over.
But it's a feature that never gets mentioned anymore so I doubt it :(

Not my type of music, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Need for Speed usually has fitting music.

I haven't heard of 95% of these artists.

Piccoro

How does that work on the PS4, does it pause the music for you in cutscenes or is it just played over the top of the games audio?

Depends on the game. Some games detect that Soptify is playing and automatically turn off the game's music. Other games you have to turn down the game's music volume manually. Other games aren't compatible at all.

I think I know about 3 artists from that list, maybe 4 tops.

But, on the other hand, I'm sure I could've said the same before Underground 2 came out and I loved the soundtrack in that once I heard it.

It's great that they got Run the Jewels, but isn't Blockbuster Night (as fucking dope as it is) a little slow-paced for this game? It would've been better if they had All Due Respect in it, or something like that.

fritzo

How does that work on the PS4, does it pause the music for you in cutscenes or is it just played over the top of the games audio?

during the Beta it played over the cutscenes, but I just read the subtitles to get the jist of them. So beware of that. You can always just pause the music on your phone easily.

Hospital Records doing work, I count six tracks which is a great haul for an independent label. Decent amount of Monstercat representation, too. Pity about Ram's solo representative being my least favourite June Miller track, should have been Chain of Strength or Further Seems Forever.

Rizific

yeah ive only heard of 3 of those. and when i say heard of, i mean ive read their name somewhere on the internet once or twice. i dont even know what genre of music that playlist is. but whatevs, music is always turned off in my racing games.

memoryswap

Neo Member
Meh.. games like this should let you edit the playlist.
Nothing will dissuade me from getting this particular NFS though.

Raptomex

I don't listen to much modern music but I've at least heard of bands. Never heard of any of these bands. I'm either out of touch or old. Chances are this will be another NFS game where I turn off the music volume.

Nice to see some Monstercat artists on there. Riff raff the god is also on it.

I think I like this soundtrack but it won't make me buy the game.

autoduelist

One of my favorite things about a new NFS game is discovering some new jam that is absolutely perfect at 200mph. Can't wait!

misho8723

Banned
So I know around 4-5 bands from that list and 3 of them I know for more than 15 years.. great..

Is there some metal?.. the OST for Undergound 1 & 2, those were great.. but the best racing OST go for Flatout 2 and Burnout Paradise

Barely any rap and the rap that's there is horrible. found a few song i enjoyed the rest are passable. Ghost games are terrible at picking songs (Rivals), unlike Black box. NFS Most wanted was perfect, in the soundtrack department.

Netsky - Rio is such a good song. I'm not a fan of most of the soundtrack but that song is brilliant. Made going fast in a purple Lambo and drifting so much hype in the Beta.

So I know around 4-5 bands from that list and 3 of them I know for more than 15 years.. great..

Is there some metal?.. the OST for Undergound 1 & 2, those were great.. but the best racing OST go for Flatout 2 and Burnout Paradise

Not really no. A lot of the music is the kinda crap that appeals to those who make those vine videos....it's the best way I could describe it.

Top Bottom