• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Underground Rivals and Gretzky NHL- IGN Reviews

lo escondido

Apartheid is, in fact, not institutional racism
Gretzky NHL 7.5
Gretzky NHL is currently the only hockey game on the PSP, and for a first effort on the platform, it isn't bad. Frame rate sticklers will want to stay away, but if you're a hockey nut with a PlayStation Portable, you almost have no choice but to buy. The next generation of this title has to address the multitude of issues raised, but this will hold us over until then.
Need for Speed Underground Rivals 7.9
I think removing the story and free-roaming environment we saw in the most recent NFSU games has allowed EA time for all the additional stuff. And that's a good thing, because I personally felt that NFSU2's roamable city was undercooked content padding, and its plot threadbare and painfully hip. NFSU Rivals gets back to the basics, but I miss the intuitive performance tuning of NFUS2, the analog stick is disappointingly implemented, and the AI isn't elastic enough. Rivals is better in some ways than previous entries in the franchise, but it's worse in the place that matters the most: the actual race. Like other rubber band racers, it's addictive--up to a point. Then you get stuck on that same race several times, going back and forth with cars whose doors you should have blown off at the starting line, and you wish the race model was a wee bit looser. I'll be sticking with Ridge Racer.

Top Bottom