• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/23/08

sw26

BeeDog said:
I won't have access to my PS3 until tomorrow night, for how long is the free Dead Space suit downloadable (in the European store)?

It just says 'for a limited time'. I'd be surprised if it wasn't available for at least the weekend though.

KurowaSan

Jim said:
360 version starts at 60 but eventually bogs down. The engine felt a little unoptimized, even though the game is not really all that complex. Unless they really tweaked it for the PS3, I'm not expecting it to be 100% 60fps throughout.

i have both versions and, for example, the 4th stage on the 360 is the first one you notice framerate dropping at 30fps. Looking at them, side by side, it's quite clear the PS3 version is still running at 60fps. It's so smooth. I stopped playing at the 8th stage and i haven't notice any framerate problems.

Jim

KurowaSan said:
i have both versions and, for example, the 4th stage on the 360 is the first one you notice framerate dropping at 30fps. Looking at them, side by side, it's quite clear the PS3 version is still running at 60fps. It's so smooth. I stopped playing at the 8th stage and i haven't notice any framerate problems.

Sounds good! I'll have to play through the PSN version I guess then. That was the one thing that sorta bugged me about the 360 one, even though I loved it.

slider

Goldrusher said:
And yet nobody mentioned (noticed ?) the return of the wrestlers...

I did. But I didn't want to make a faux pas or show off.
slider scrambles back to Page 1... top left?

Jim

Goldrusher said:
And yet nobody mentioned (noticed ?) the return of the wrestlers...

Hah, I found em.... glad my "prediction" of a WWE demo was true at least, so it's fitting.

buffi

Banned
buffi said:
Just a heads up. The update to pixeljunk monsters raped my save file.
I had rainbows on all levels.

Never mind. It was just me being retarded.
I have only played this game on 2 player mode previously and started a one player game. My save file is fine :)

The trophy challenges are pretty awesome, managed to get the first two without any real issues but some of them seem pretty hard.

Oh yes Crash 3, sweet!

And £6.29 for Novastrike is a fucking joke. There is no way that I would consider buying a game from a small unknown developer at that price, especially with no demo.

Speevy

Banned
number1jagsfan said:
Oh yes Crash 3, sweet!

And £6.29 for Novastrike is a fucking joke. There is no way that I would consider buying a game from a small unknown developer at that price, especially with no demo.

Not to oversell novastrike which is just okay at best, but what's wrong with small, unknown developers?

Jim

number1jagsfan said:

Novastrike is a self-funded, self-published game so it's nice to support these small devs if the game sounds like it appeals to you.

And it's not like there aren't reviews of the game out there. But yeah, a demo probably wouldn't have hurt.

nofi

number1jagsfan said:
Oh yes Crash 3, sweet!

That's a real shame. I've spoken at lengths several times with the man behind the game, seems like it was a real effort to get the game out over here and you won't even consider it. Self publishing is probably incredibly risky.

Jim

KurowaSan said:
decided to capture a 720p/60fps video of Prince of Persia Classic. Those with the 360 version might be able to notice this stage runs smoother on the PS3.

edit: click on "download now" to get the video in hd.

Yep.. I see why it's 60fps now.
Guess which is which:

popc_ps3_360.jpg

The 360 version absolutely chugs like shit in that part.. it's more like 20fps.

Tiktaalik

oh neat Prince of Persia Classic! I enjoyed the demo on the 360 but never got around to picking it up. Maybe I'll get it and enjoy the game on the SUPERIOR PS3 DPAD :D

KurowaSan

Jim said:
Guess which is which:

Yeah, i noticed it :lol . It's even more noticeable in those big balconies, like the one in the OP. Oh well, at least it's smooth now :lol

Tiktaalik

Jim said:
Guess which is which:

Did they get rid of some of the lighting in the PS3 version? I guess they decided that the effect wasn't worth the slowdown?

Jim

KurowaSan said:
Yeah, i noticed it :lol . It's even more noticeable in those big balconies, like the one in the OP. Oh well, at least it's smooth now :lol

Consistent/better framerate and better d-pad probably make it better overall, but some of the more dramatic lighting/shadows were pretty awesome.

KurowaSan

and the ones that are not missing are less noticeable thanks to the game looking brighter. As I said before, a brightness option would have helped.

ThirstyFly said:
Does Prince of Persia Classic play as tightly as the original, or does the jump to 3D make it a little less precise?

It feels just like the original.

KurowaSan said:
It feels just like the original.

Ooo. Tempting for $10. I never did finish the original (had it on SegaCD).

Is there different skins for the Prince, or do you always have to look like the new one?

KurowaSan

ThirstyFly said:
Ooo. Tempting for $10. I never did finish the original (had it on SegaCD).

Is there different skins for the Prince, or do you always have to look like the new one?

unless they've added something new to this version, you always look like that.

nofi said:
That's a real shame. I've spoken at lengths several times with the man behind the game, seems like it was a real effort to get the game out over here and you won't even consider it. Self publishing is probably incredibly risky.

Would you recommend the game to someone who likes shooters then? I might just get it, the pricing isn't that terrible actually, about in line with 800 point XBLA games. I was thinking 800 points was a fiver for some reason. The reviews I found weren't terribly flattering though I understand its a sort of niche genre.

Movement

Just got Novastrike, WipeoutHD, Pain, High Velocity Bowling, Burnout Paradise, and Puzzle quest, and when PoP and Penny Arcade come out I'm buying them.
I <3 the PS store!

buffi said:
Never mind. It was just me being retarded.
I have only played this game on 2 player mode previously and started a one player game. My save file is fine :)

The trophy challenges are pretty awesome, managed to get the first two without any real issues but some of them seem pretty hard.

no trophies for europe yet?

Len1978

&#9658; Mega Man 9
&#9675; Time Attack / Fake Man ($0.99)
&#9675; Hard Mode ($0.99)
&#9675; Expert Mode ($0.99)

Jeez Capcom, they're trying to get every dime out of MM9 charging for a mode....wow

Top Bottom