• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: July 2023’s Top Downloads

R6Rider

Gold Member

PS5 Games

US/CanadaEU
Grand Theft Auto VGrand Theft Auto V
Remnant IIRemnant II
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IIFIFA 23
FINAL FANTASY XVIF1 23
NBA 2K23Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
Diablo IVDiablo IV
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six SiegeFINAL FANTASY XVI
Mortal Kombat 11Hogwarts Legacy
Hogwarts LegacyNBA 2K23
MLB The Show 23Cyberpunk 2077
FIFA 23Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
STAR WARS Jedi: SurvivorSTAR WARS Jedi: Survivor
PGA TOUR 2K23ELDEN RING
Cyberpunk 2077Need For Speed Unbound
Street Fighter 6Among Us
ELDEN RINGThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
WWE 2K23It Takes Two
Gotham KnightsDead Island 2
Marvel’s Spider-Man RemasteredAssassin’s Creed Valhalla
Need For Speed UnboundMortal Kombat 11

PS4 Games

US/CanadaEU
Red Dead Redemption 2Grand Theft Auto V
MinecraftRed Dead Redemption 2
Grand Theft Auto VMinecraft
NBA 2K23The Crew 2
EA Sports UFC 4EA Sports UFC 4
The Crew 2FIFA 23
Mortal Kombat XGang Beasts
Gang BeastsHogwarts Legacy
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare IINBA 2K23
Mortal Kombat 11A Way Out
Hogwarts LegacyThe Last of Us Part II
The Last of Us Part IITHIEF SIMULATOR
Batman: Arkham KnightF1 23
FIFA 23Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
A Way OuttheHunter: Call of the Wild
theHunter: Call of the WildThe Last of Us Remastered
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six SiegeUnravel Two
Friday the 13th: The GameAssassin’s Creed Odyssey
RustThe Forest
Diablo IVBatman: Arkham Knight

PS VR2 Games

US/CanadaEU
SynapseSynapse
Beat SaberBeat Saber
PavlovPavlov
Moss: Book IIMoss: Book II
Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s EdgeStar Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge
Job SimulatorJob Simulator
Swordsman VRHubris
Walkabout Mini GolfKayak VR: Mirage
Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship EditionSwordsman VR
HubrisThe Dark Pictures: Switchback VR

PSVR Games

US/CanadaEU
Job SimulatorJob Simulator
Beat SaberBeat Saber
The Walking Dead OnslaughtTitanic VR
Budget CutsBatman: Arkham VR
SUPERHOT VRBudget Cuts
Titanic VRThe Walking Dead Onslaught
Batman: Arkham VRGun Club VR
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VRSUPERHOT VR
ASTRO BOT Rescue MissionSwordsman VR
Robinson: The JourneyRobinson: The Journey

Free to Play (PS5 + PS4)

US/CanadaEU
FortniteFortnite
NARAKA: BLADEPOINTCall of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty: WarzoneFall Guys
Fall GuysRocket League
Apex LegendsNARAKA: BLADEPOINT
Rocket LeagueeFootball 2023
Overwatch 2Trackmania
Rec RoomThe Sims 4
The Sims 4Apex Legends
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDSOverwatch 2

Awesome to see Synapse at the top of PSVR2 titles. Remnant 2 second of PS5 titles is also good.

Also GTAV at the top of PS5 games lol

Last edited:
Well deserved for the talented folks at Gunfire Games. Remnant 2 is a phenomenal game and can't believe I'm saying this but it might be my GOTY so far and I haven't even finished it yet (put 20h so far).

Reactions: Isa

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
it's not dead, just saturated. like it's really hard to put out a new one and break through, like moba has been for the past decade or whatever
Naraka Bladepoint was the last "good effort" Battle Royale to release. It seems to be doing quite well. What information post Naraka Bladepoint suggests to you that the genre is saturated?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Game benefits greatly from high frames on PC. There's no excuse. Rockstar is such a trash company this days.
Agreed. It's amazing on the PC, especially with a few mods.

The online is total trash on the PC, hack-fest galore, which is why I would go back to it on the consoles if it had a 60fps patch. The game runs at a locked 60 on a jailbroken PS5, and I am sure they can use the PC "4K textures" and tweak higher rez lighting and shadows as well and still maintain that.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Game benefits greatly from high frames on PC. There's no excuse. Rockstar is such a trash company this days.
Haven't played on PC, but the only way I'd play through it again would be at 60fps+ (be that PS5 patch or PC version) OR if it got VR (which in turn would be 90+ fps).

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Agreed. It's amazing on the PC, especially with a few mods.

The online is total trash on the PC, hack-fest galore, which is why I would go back to it on the consoles if it had a 60fps patch. The game runs at a locked at 60 on a jailbroken PS5, and I am sure they can use the PC "4K textures" and tweak higher rez lighting and shadows.

100%.

T2/Rockstar is probably like, let them starve this gen. When PS6 hits, we will re-release it at full price.

Mr Hyde

Grand Theft Auto 5? Why? What is it with this game that draws so many people in, to the point it's still topping the charts 10 years later. Is it the online portion of it?

Liam Neeson Ngapa GIF

BossLackey

Gold Member
I don't understand why GTAV still sells so well. Who's buying this TEN YEARS after the fact to be in the top spot!? Thirteen year olds finally getting their hands on a credit card?! I don't get it.

I keep thinking it's going to die or go away or something and here it is. GTAV still fucking haunts us. It's not like it takes away from my enjoyment of anything, I just truly, honestly do not understand how it's STIIIILL selling like hotcakes.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I don't understand why GTAV still sells so well. Who's buying this TEN YEARS after the fact to be in the top spot!? Thirteen year olds finally getting their hands on a credit card?! I don't get it.

I think you just answered yourself. People who were 3 years old 10 years ago. Every day someone is getting 'old enough' to play it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can see why Sony is pushing so hard to increase their install base with their current discounts. There's so much third party software at the top of the list it gives context to this bullet from their results:

Although we upwardly revised the sales forecast for third-party software which is performing well, we have incorporated a deterioration in the profitability of PS5 hardware mainly due to changes in promotions by geographic region and the sales channel mix

They are willing to drop prices and forego profit on hardware to create scale to capture additional revenue from increased third party software movement. It's a pretty smart move to increase throughout.

Is it? Fuck. Then I've played exactly 0 games exclusive to PS5 on my PS5.

True story... there was a very nasty bug in the PS4 version where The Base wouldn't load in time and you could fall into the void. It didn't get any traction... because nobody cared. That's why the DLC is PS5 only.

Not sure if it ever got fixed. All people wanted to cry about was the aliasing in Performance mode... that did get fixed eventually.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I think you just answered yourself. People who were 3 years old 10 years ago. Every day someone is getting 'old enough' to play it.
Yeah, but they're aging into a thousand other games too. Why GTAV? Because it's taboo? I know there's a MASSIVE online community, so I guess it's just...FOMO friends are playing it so I should too stuff? I dunno, still baffles me.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah, but they're aging into a thousand other games too. Why GTAV? Because it's taboo? I know there's a MASSIVE online community, so I guess it's just...FOMO friends are playing it so I should too stuff? I dunno, still baffles me.
I guess because it's still the most recent GTA game. Still a great game, and there hasn't been very many recent city sandbox games outside of Watch Dogs titles.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

I keep thinking it's going to die or go away or something and here it is. GTAV still fucking haunts us. It's not like it takes away from my enjoyment of anything, I just truly, honestly do not understand how it's STIIIILL selling like hotcakes.

There's a new 13 year old everyday man.

Imagine buying a PS5 after spending 3 years fighting scalpers and then downloading a PS3 game first thing.
It the latest GTA released, there is not successor after 10 years
I've played exactly one game that's exclusive to PS5 on my console. Horizon FW. We're what, 3 years into the generation? What is this.
Being 3 years into this generation doesn't mean shit when games have gotten longer time development since 7th gen.

Think about the fact that GTA 4 took 3 years and a half to develop and came out in 2008

Last edited:

Its probably because these charts are based on total revenue generated. Not just units sold. The real cash is in the digital content. Its at the top because some people keep buying shark cards in droves.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Its probably because these charts are based on total revenue generated. Not just units sold. The real cash is in the digital content. Its at the top because some people keep buying shark cards in droves.
I think this is it. I didn't realize that's what this chart was based on and I know people are constantly buying shit in that game. Thanks!

Who told you that because that is false. If that was the case games like GTA5 and COD would be #1 and #2 every single month and that is rarely the case. These charts are sales of full games only. Add-ons are not included

Who told you that because that is false. If that was the case games like GTA5 and COD would be #1 and #2 every single month and that is rarely the case. These charts are sales of full games only. Add-ons are not included
I'm trying to make sense of it just like the other guy. NPD measures performance based on generated revenue in their charts anyway. Measuring by unit has become less meaningful than how much money a game nets through IAPs in modern times. An one-off single purchase is "old news".

Also, I'd imagine GTA and CoD wouldn't have to be #1 or #2. It would be sufficient to keep fluctuating within the top 10 just like the list in the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom