• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need help IDing arcade fighters

Rydias

There are two arcade fighters I remember playing but cannot think of the names of. I also want to know if either one ever made it to a console, thus allowing me to revisit.

All I recall from one was an old man who had an attack where he crawled atop a giant energy ball and attacked his foe.

All I remember from the other was that you could sever limbs from the opposition, but they would continue fighting sans arm/leg. I think there was a (green?) guy who fought with two chainsaws.

That's it, that's all I got, just some vague memories.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't know about the first game, but the second is definitely Time Killers.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Rydias said:
All I recall from one was an old man who had an attack where he crawled atop a giant energy ball and attacked his foe.

Battle Arena Toshinden 2 perhaps? (it was released in the arcades)

Rydias said:
All I remember from the other was that you could sever limbs from the opposition, but they would continue fighting sans arm/leg. I think there was a (green?) guy who fought with two chainsaws.

Time Killers

Rydias said:
There are two arcade fighters I remember playing but cannot think of the names of. I also want to know if either one ever made it to a console, thus allowing me to revisit.

That's it, that's all I got, just some vague memories.
Oh man I dont know the first, but I used to play that second game when my best friend when I lived in NC. I'm trying to find the name now, but I remember the two chainsaw guy, he had a finishing move called 'the bloody slushy'. you could lose both arms and still fight with your head. I loved it

Edit - yeah, they knew it. Great game

Mojovonio

Banned
wTime_Killers.jpg

Joeroll

Rydias said:

Eddie has a command grab similar to this in the Guilty Gear series. Doesn't sound like its the one just throwing it out there. :)

Rydias

I think the first was BAT2. That seems very familiar.

Time Killers doesn't sound familiar but I think that's right. I googled some pics and it seems to link up, though it seemed crisper in the arcade...but then I guess all games seem that way when looked upon with nostalgia.

Thanks GAFfers!

Anyanka

BobTheFork said:
I'm trying to find the name now, but I remember the two chainsaw guy, he had a finishing move called 'the bloody slushy'. you could lose both arms and still fight with your head. I loved it

The game with the bloody slushy fatality is Bloodstorm, the follow up to Time Killers. A Sub-Zero ripoff with a hook type weapon had that.

Everyone is confusing two different characters. The chainsaw guy from Time Killers was Rancid. The character with two weapons was Mantazz, who had claws that spin around like buzzsaws.

It's sad I know this much about TIME KILLERS.

Eh, I'm late, but:

Rydias said:

The guys name was Fo Fai, he is in all Battle Arena Toshindens if I recall correctly from the PS1 days...

Yup, as mentioned, Time Killers.

the second game reminds me of another game. its an ultra bloody gory fighter on n64. wasnt very good but still fun in a way. some of the stages had things like a steamroller thing to kill you.

Maridia

muttyeah416 said:
the second game reminds me of another game. its an ultra bloody gory fighter on n64. wasnt very good but still fun in a way. some of the stages had things like a steamroller thing to kill you.

BIOFREAKS

Best genetically augmented freak simulator ever, imo

Top Bottom