• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need some DS game recommendations...

Jiggy37 said:
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Meteos
Mario Kart DS
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Metroid Prime Pinball
Phoenix Wright

To keep an eye on:

Super Princess Peach (February 27th) - Looks like it has potential to be as good as any other Mario game. At any rate, it should have more replayability than Kirby.

Tetris DS (March 20th) - It's Tetris. Besides that, it looks kind of like the upper screen will play sequences in NES games depending on how well you score, which seems interesting.

Metroid Prime Hunters (March 20th) - Could be a decent FPS. I haven't heard enough about the single-player mode yet.

Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers ("early Spring") - The Guilty Gear engine should theoretically work well with the DS' vertical orientation.

Agree 100% here. Except maybe Mario Kart just because I'm bored with the series, and M&L:piT unless you've never played the first one. Then grab it.

Plus add:

Sonic Rush
Trauma Center
Ouendan
Band Bros.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
sonarrat said:
Phoenix Wright, of course. And for your personality type, Advance Wars.

Tsk tsk... Drinky is the sort to play Castlevania, isn't he? What with all those bridges and other trolls...

(Dodges the fists of vengeance.)

I'd say the games I've played the most since the DS has came out are these:

meteos
kirby: canvas curse
animal crossing
mario kart
phoenix wright

The game i was most disappointed with was Nintendogs. It seemed so awesome the first day I got it because of it's charm. But I stopped playing it so fast. Same with Electroplankton actually. It's too bad cuz they seemed so awesome right away but faded fast.

joeposh

My top picks for the DS (aka the ones I've played the shit out of):

Meteos (it's like crack, in puzzle form)
Castlevania: DoS
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Sonic Rush
Tony Hawk DS (it's not all that hard, but it's damn fun to play)
Mario Kart DS

I'm also pleasently surprised with "Trace Memory" thus far, but that's cause I'm a sucker for old school "point and click" adventure games. Too soon to tell if it will hold up in the long run though.

Tarazet

DavidDayton said:
Tsk tsk... Drinky is the sort to play Castlevania, isn't he? What with all those bridges and other trolls...

(Dodges the fists of vengeance.)

Actually, now that I think about it, Battles of Prince of Persia might be up his alley as well. I wish I could try it myself, since it sounds like it might have the right kind of setting to keep me interested in a genre that I think I could enjoy. It's hard to rent DS games, though...

Top Bottom