• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need some help with game picking..

DCX

DCX
I'm trying to decide which would be a good 8th and final game in my Xbox 360 Lineup ( i'm getting a system in June and my package would include: Oblivion, PGR3, Kameo, Condemed, Fight Night, Ghost Reconand DOA4 ) The 8th game will round out my lineup and i'm trying to decide between these three titles:

- Perfect Dark Zero
- Tomb Raider Legends
- Burnout Revenge

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

DCX

Jefklak

Urgh, they all suck... If you don't own a burnout game yet, I guess go with that one.
Don't touch Tomb Raider.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'll say Tomb Raider. Not because I've played it, but because it seems the most dissimilar from everything else you're getting.

rod

Banned
TRL or burnout revenge...cant go wrong, but it depends what u like more, racers or adventures, and also you dont do much racing really in BOR, its more about damage, with some racing in between :)

sky

Go for Tomb Raider... Kameo is the weakest in your line-up, and TR will mostly make up for that action/adventuring side of things.

DCX

DCX
sky said:
Go for Tomb Raider... Kameo is the weakest in your line-up, and TR will mostly make up for that action/adventuring side of things.
I was going for Tomb Raider ecuase like a previous poster said, it rounds out my lineup based on genres. PDZ would have been my online shooter choice but i still have Halo 2 and Ghost Recon for that. I'm afraid Tomb Raider will be a letdown, i know Burnout won't be at all, and Perfect Dark seems to be a crapshoot....

DCX

Jefklak

truffleshuffle83 said:
um do not listen to this guy cause thats crazy talk

Well it all comes down to personal preference anyway.
DCX, since you're saying PDZ is crap and burnout is so-so, then it's obvious to take tomb raider isn't it :)

sky

coin_flip1.gif

Heads = Tomb Raider Legend
Tails = Burnout Revenge

:D

use a coin with 2 heads :p

Ranger X

If you have Burnout 3, Take Tomb Raider. If not, take Burnout Revenge.

Option B: Buy Burnout 3 for the cheap and buy Tomb Raider (on 360 of course)

Option C: choose again one of the 2 first options

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
whats your full list , perhaps i can help seeing as i've got a whole pile of crap X360 games i can not recommend to you? ;)

if you _HAD_ to pick one of these :

- Perfect Dark Zero
- Tomb Raider Legends
- Burnout Revenge

i personally thought PDZ was pretty bad, Tomb Raider i've not tried yet but have, Burnout Revenge (if you haven't played it on PS2/Xbox) is a good choice ... if you like racing.

DCX

DCX
Jefklak said:
Well it all comes down to personal preference anyway.
DCX, since you're saying PDZ is crap and burnout is so-so, then it's obvious to take tomb raider isn't it :)
I didn't say PDZ is crap, it's a crapshoot, hard to know if i'll like it or not, some video suggest i will and some suggest i won't...it would seem like a rollercoaster game for me personally.
DCharlie said:
whats your full list , perhaps i can help seeing as i've got a whole pile of crap X360 games i can not recommend to you? ;)
Here's the List:

- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
- Fight Night: Round 3
- Condemned: Criminal Origins
- Project Gotham Racing 3
- Dead or Alive 4
- Kameo: Elements of Power

DCX

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Since you're not getting the Xbox 360 until June I suggest you just get the 7 games on your list and don't bother with an 8th.

DCX

DCX
Dr_Cogent said:
I'd at least recommend not getting Kameo.

What a bore.
Well, I had to balance my list of games in accordance to my girlfriend:

GF
- Dead or Alive 4
- Kameo
- Fight Night
- Condemned

Me
- GRAW
- Oblivion
- PGR
-?

DCX

SyNapSe

I'm completely confused on why you need to have 8 games immediately upon purchase, if none of them jump out and scream at you why would you buy them just so you have 8 total?

DCX

DCX
SyNapSe said:
I'm completely confused on why you need to have 8 games immediately upon purchase, if none of them jump out and scream at you why would you buy them just so you have 8 total?
To know me, is to love me :p I'm somewhat compulsive when it comes to balance. I can't have things end in a odd number, and when i draw, or anything that has to do with placement, there needs to be a balance. There were more than 6 games but less than 10 :p I couldn't stop at 7 nor 9...man i sound like a Resident Evil puzzle! Nevertheless, i'm leaning towards Tomb Raider but the length of game sounds like a HUGE turnoff becuase i'm sure the replay value is ass. PDZ sounds like the better value, unless Burnout offers great online stuff.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
I was going for Tomb Raider ecuase like a previous poster said, it rounds out my lineup based on genres. PDZ would have been my online shooter choice but i still have Halo 2 and Ghost Recon for that. I'm afraid Tomb Raider will be a letdown, i know Burnout won't be at all, and Perfect Dark seems to be a crapshoot....

DCX

If you like the Tomb Raider & Prince of Persia style of games you will not be disappointed with Tomb Raider at all. And if you like the majority of Xbox360 owners become addicted to achievement points, Tomb Raider has some cool challenges that really extend the gameplay time. I finished the game twice (once at normal, and once on the hardest difficulty) as well as did the time trials (speed runs) for each level to get all of the achievements. Game was very satisfying. I can't wait for the next one. I wound up getting almost 22 hours out of the game playing it that way.
That is my suggestion.

But if you don't have Call of Duty2 then you are making an odd choice. CoD2 is amazing on the hardest difficulty.

And it's been said already but I'll say it again. Even though I got 22 hours of playtime out of the game, I did finish it during a rental. It was good enough that I kinda feel guilty that I didn't buy the game and reward them for their good work though.

PDZ is awesome online, but if your a pansy and dont wanna take the time to learn it ...then you will hate it, like all the other wussies around here.

TRL is a sweet game, good puzzles and pop style platforming, but its pretty short, and i dont see much replay in it.

Burnout is a good game as well, but there isnt really anything new from the old Burnout games.

I would choose PDZ myself, coop is lots of fun, the guns are awesome, the online modes are wicked, the net code is nearly flawless (no lag, no regular disconects, 100% pure awesome net code), multiplayer level design is very solid, just needs more maps, which are comming soon !

but if you give up easily, and cant addapt to differant video games controlls well...then stay away i guess....and pickup burnout (unless youve played the last 3 or 4 a lot...then get TRL for a quick but fun game).

milanbaros

Member?
DCX said:
To know me, is to love me :p I'm somewhat compulsive when it comes to balance. I can't have things end in a odd number, and when i draw, or anything that has to do with placement, there needs to be a balance. There were more than 6 games but less than 10 :p I couldn't stop at 7 nor 9...man i sound like a Resident Evil puzzle! Nevertheless, i'm leaning towards Tomb Raider but the length of game sounds like a HUGE turnoff becuase i'm sure the replay value is ass. PDZ sounds like the better value, unless Burnout offers great online stuff.

DCX

I totally understand. I have some irrational hate of odd numbers and any collection annoys me when it has an odd number of items.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
If you like the Tomb Raider & Prince of Persia style of games you will not be disappointed with Tomb Raider at all. And if you like the majority of Xbox360 owners become addicted to achievement points, Tomb Raider has some cool challenges that really extend the gameplay time. I finished the game twice (once at normal, and once on the hardest difficulty) as well as did the time trials (speed runs) for each level to get all of the achievements. Game was very satisfying. I can't wait for the next one. I wound up getting almost 22 hours out of the game playing it that way.
That is my suggestion.

But if you don't have Call of Duty2 then you are making an odd choice. CoD2 is amazing on the hardest difficulty.

And it's been said already but I'll say it again. Even though I got 22 hours of playtime out of the game, I did finish it during a rental. It was good enough that I kinda feel guilty that I didn't buy the game and reward them for their good work though.
Wow, that makes Tomb Raider sound alot better. I would be one ot get all the acheivements. The reason i didn't choose Call of Duty 2 was becuase i have Ghost Recon as my initial military shooter. I was trying to diversify my lineup to include a little something for everyone. Which is why Burnout is kinda low on my list for number 8.I'm leaning towards Tomb Raider, but i know i would like PDZ for multiplayer...

DCX

Top Bottom