• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
DeepEnigma DeepEnigma Is on my Mount Rushmore of GAF posters, but I'm sure the left wants to tear that down too

rDX75zh.jpg

You mods are all thinking it, aren't you?

"How are we going to get rid of this leftist voice, SK Kosmo? He's disrupting our conservative love-in"

This is cool, just a casual drive by personal attack, adding nothing

There's a ? mark at the end of my comment, it's a legit question not a personal attack.

Him calling me racist and everyone he doesn't agree with racists is a personal attack.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You mods are all thinking it, aren't you?

"How are we going to get rid of this leftist voice, SK Kosmo? He's disrupting our conservative love-in"

This is cool, just a casual drive by personal attack, adding nothing

another drive by

Hell, DeepEnigma has three drivebys with no content in one thread and none of you care.

When SK Kosmo gets banned we'll know why

Why Schrodingers Cunt will never be banned despite bullying anyone it doesn't align with politically.
Come on that is insulting to cunths everywhere. Everyone knows cats can be worse than cunths.

Why Schrodingers Cunt will never be banned despite bullying anyone it doesn't align with politically.
Listen here sonnyjim, if you're going to refer to me then you could at least show some manners and get my name right.
It's Schrödinger's - with the accent over the 'o' and an apostrophe between the 'r' and the 's'. I'm terribly sensitive about these things.

Secondly, your belief that I get some sort of special treatment within this community appears to be misplaced:
ww6qq5.png

May I suggest that if you feel I've posted something that crosses the line and should be brought to the attention of the Mods that you use the 'Report' button?

Have a nice day! 😽

Last edited:
Listen here sonnyjim, if you're going to refer to me then you could at least show some manners and get my name right.
It's Schrödinger's - with the accent over the 'o' and an apostrophe between the 'r' and the 's'. I'm terribly sensitive about these things.
I imagine you were so shocked that your face looked just like the o-umlaut in that post.

The Report button doesn't work. My complaints go unanswered. It's really annoying that I can't get a single mod to talk to me.

Hey man if this is about me I actually thought you had a decent response about your problems with R&C, I know I push you but I'm not a hater. I want to believe you're above the discourse the rest of us partake in and it's posts like the one you gave me with real technical analysis that solidify that I'm right. But I can't judge you, if I had as much mud being slung my way as you I have no clue how I'd react. I think we all need self awareness of our problems, me, you, the people giving you a hard time as well. If I'm being honest, I'd be disappointed if R&C was all next-gen had to offer, I expect more but I pushed you all the same because I like seeing your breakdowns of this stuff. I like seeing DF do it, I like seeing NX do it and I don't have to agree with it but I like strong arguments. You put forward a strong argument and my think react wasn't sarcastic. I hope you see people value your input here and don't let the people who don't be the center of your attention.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Hey man if this is about me I actually thought you had a decent response about your problems with R&C, I know I push you but I'm not a hater. I want to believe you're above the discourse the rest of us partake in and it's posts like the one you gave me with real technical analysis that solidify that I'm right. But I can't judge you, if I had as much mud being slung my way as you I have no clue how I'd react. I think we all need self awareness of our problems, me, you, the people giving you a hard time as well. If I'm being honest, I'd be disappointed if R&C was all next-gen had to offer, I expect more but I pushed you all the same because I like seeing your breakdowns of this stuff. I like seeing DF do it, I like seeing NX do it and I don't have to agree with it but I like strong arguments. You put forward a strong argument and my think react wasn't sarcastic. I hope you see people value your input here and don't let the people who don't be the center of your attention.

Nope. Not about you bro.

My thread has went to shit. And I don't appreciate people trying to dogpile on me by bringing up ERA every single time I talk. Those people should be warned because it's just as tiresome as console warring. I don't mind the debates and the heated discussions, but attacking me personally should be off the table.

Nope. Not about you bro.

My thread has went to shit. And I don't appreciate people trying to dogpile on me by bringing up ERA every single time I talk. Those people should be warned because it's just as tiresome as console warring. I don't mind the debates and the heated discussions, but attacking me personally should be off the table.

Just wanted to be sure. I'm a jerk sometimes but I think you're a great member of the forum and part of the unique personality that makes NeoGAF a great place.

nush

Nope. Not about you bro.

Listen. I've briefly looked over your history and I can see the issue you are actually having. You are putting your work experiance and technical knowledge way ahead of your social skills and rile people up. You lack self awareness calling people that disagree with you Sony fanboys is going to have them come after you more. Just ignore them.

Starting a topic and then tagging in all the mods at the end of it demanding they mod your topic is arrogant. The mods are not your personal army.

Seeing as you mentioned Era, I checked your long ban history there. There's a running theme and you got permabanned for bragging that GAF was better and yet you found out the grass is not greener on the other side. So what's the common denominator here? You.

Calm down, stop being so authoritative, work on your social skills.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Listen. I've briefly looked over your history and I can see the issue you are actually having. You are putting your work experiance and technical knowledge way ahead of your social skills and rile people up. You lack self awareness calling people that disagree with you Sony fanboys is going to have them come after you more. Just ignore them.

Starting a topic and then tagging in all the mods at the end of it demanding they mod your topic is arrogant. The mods are not your personal army.

Seeing as you mentioned Era, I checked your long ban history there. There's a running theme and you got permabanned for bragging that GAF was better and yet you found out the grass is not greener on the other side. So what's the common denominator here? You.

Nope. Not about you bro.

Don't mess with the Jim Bros :lollipop_sunglasses:

VFXVeteran

Banned

That's called trying to start a thread being completely neutral and asking the mods to help manage it like they do with the speculation thread. I didn't demand it. I requested it. And just as I predicted, even being neutral pulls up a shit storm regardless.

The mods should be telling me what you are telling. Yet, I here NOTHING. It's almost like they want me to leave. I have contributed greatly to the forum and I would think I deserved feedback.

My thread was an attempt to do just that. I shouldn't get ignored for trying to make an effort. And the same could be said of these guys ridiculing me and dogpiling every chance they get. They absolutely have a problem with me and it's not going to go away until they realize they can't cross the personal attack line.

That's called trying to start a thread being completely neutral and asking the mods to help manage it like they do with the speculation thread. I didn't demand it. I requested it. And just as I predicted, even being neutral pulls up a shit storm regardless.

The mods should be telling me what you are telling. Yet, I here NOTHING. It's almost like they want me to leave. I have contributed greatly to the forum and I would think I deserved feedback.

My thread was an attempt to do just that. I shouldn't get ignored for trying to make an effort. And the same could be said of these guys ridiculing me and dogpiling every chance they get. They absolutely have a problem with me and it's not going to go away until they realize they can't cross the personal attack line.

Being neutral doesn't exist. You are either with or against a person, group or argument. I see neutral, i see observers, 99% of people see us or them, and on the internet, this is ramped up to 11.

For everything you contribute you sabotage yourself on. People want to be told nice things, good things, positive things about their life-choice (on this website and in the case of consoles, it's a plastic box). Re-wire yourself on how you deliver the news, make it positive as possible. for example:

"well, this game for [Insert console name here] won't be running at 60fps, but it will look stunning in 4k with locked framerates"
vs
"These consoles are shit and underpowered, no way can it run 60fps without looking you're playing pong through cataracts"

Get the people on your side by giving them fluffy, wonderful possibilities and dreams, and they will listen to your every word.

You do come across as arrogant and self-entitled, which can be a good thing used in the right way. People want to see you/anyone as a point of intelligence and of a higher-intellect than themselves and they want those people on 'their' side, so they can use you/a person as a symbol of bragging rights. Luckily you have your insider stats that elevate your position on this board. However, people don't want to be seen as more stupid as someone else or their own intelligence brought in to question. Kind of weird, right? When interacting, make people feel intelligent, compliment them on even the most brain-dead statement, 'check your sources and report back later' if they say something that's fucking retarded and ignore people who attack you. Ignoring a person is extremely effective and shows great strength of character, as you are 'too busy' to punch down.

TL;DR/TMN;DR: reframe your arguments, be nice to simps, ignore those who attack you, and make people feel fluffy and clever by acknowledging dumb questions as clever ones. Ultimately, don't think about it too much and never show your workings! Otherwise you get a Virgin thread made for you.

Just my 2 cents.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Being neutral doesn't exist. You are either with or against a person, group or argument. I see neutral, i see observers, 99% of people see us or them, and on the internet, this is ramped up to 11.

For everything you contribute you sabotage yourself on. People want to be told nice things, good things, positive things about their life-choice (on this website and in the case of consoles, it's a plastic box). Re-wire yourself on how you deliver the news, make it positive as possible. for example:

"well, this game for [Insert console name here] won't be running at 60fps, but it will look stunning in 4k with locked framerates"
vs
"These consoles are shit and underpowered, no way can it run 60fps without looking you're playing pong through cataracts"

Get the people on your side by giving them fluffy, wonderful possibilities and dreams, and they will listen to your every word.

You do come across as arrogant and self-entitled, which can be a good thing used in the right way. People want to see you/anyone as a point of intelligence and of a higher-intellect than themselves and they want those people on 'their' side, so they can use you/a person as a symbol of bragging rights. Luckily you have your insider stats that elevate your position on this board. However, people don't want to be seen as more stupid as someone else or their own intelligence brought in to question. Kind of weird, right? When interacting, make people feel intelligent, compliment them on even the most brain-dead statement, 'check your sources and report back later' if they say something that's fucking retarded and ignore people who attack you. Ignoring a person is extremely effective and shows great strength of character, as you are 'too busy' to punch down.

TL;DR/TMN;DR: reframe your arguments, be nice to simps, ignore those who attack you, and make people feel fluffy and clever by acknowledging dumb questions as clever ones. Ultimately, don't think about it too much and never show your workings! Otherwise you get a Virgin thread made for you.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks man! Good advice all around.

It will be hard to latch on to some of the hyperbole though. A lot of the Sony gamers go crazy over the most simple rendering techniques in their exclusives but shun all 3rd party games (that oftentimes have better tech) and won't acknowledge anything innovative that isn't an exclusive Sony product (like FS2020). That's the part that I need to work on but I hear from the Xbox fans that they are extremely frustrated with getting attacked consistently about Halo Infinite and the XSX in general. I feel so sorry for those guys sometimes and it makes me mad.

It will be hard to latch on to some of the hyperbole though. A lot of the Sony gamers go crazy over the most simple rendering techniques in their exclusives but shun all 3rd party games (that oftentimes have better tech) and won't acknowledge anything innovative that isn't an exclusive Sony product (like FS2020). That's the part that I need to work on but I hear from the Xbox fans that they are extremely frustrated with getting attacked consistently about Halo Infinite and the XSX in general. I feel so sorry for those guys sometimes and it makes me mad.
No need to generalize Sony Gamers as a bunch of crazy gamers.

Both sides have crazies in them.

Thanks man! Good advice all around.

No worries.

Sony fan(boy)s just want to be told that they're the best and nothing is greater than their box, which is stupid, because without the competition Sony would go back to PS2/PS3 mode, which is when they sat on their laurels.
Microsoft fan(boy)s want something to hold on to, some shred of hope. Luckily for them, the Elite controller, Gamepass and the X are all brilliant pieces of kit and have, in the terms of Elite controller and Gamepass, changed the shape of the industry.

Ultimately this is text on a screen, black and white, cold, logical. Don't let emotions dictate how you read messages, as your state of mind is different to the posters state of mind. Who knows what has happened to them that day, good or bad, or what has happened in your day, good or bad. Be the arbiter of logic and as an insider with knowledge, offer facts, chocked full of positive emotions, not emotions chocked full of more emotions.

FWIW you are a good poster and you do seem to know your shit, even if i have disagreed with you in the past.

Someone needs to make that GIF into a Mexican Standoff between Nintendo, Sony, and Xbox (in alphabetical order).
I just don’ t understand console warring as an adult. It was cool as a kid when sega was pushing the Genesis and you had to defend your parents purchase of the opposite ones your friends had because you couldn’t swap games any more.

But in 2020 it’s beyond moronic.

Same thing, they can only afford one console. Some of them today are still kids, some of them soy boy manbabies.
Yeah but with the amount of content, old and new, at bargain basement prices it’s lunacy. You can walk away with so much from GameStop for PS3/Wii/Xbox360/DS that you couldn’t possibly play them all in 3 years.

Barnabot

Yeah but with the amount of content, old and new, at bargain basement prices it’s lunacy. You can walk away with so much from GameStop for PS3/Wii/Xbox360/DS that you couldn’t possibly play them all in 3 years.
yet they want to seek validation for the purchase they can afford. in the end those console warriors play this stupid console warring game to win a stupid prize: their username on gaf's ban page.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Oh gaf and this vfx😂😂

Didnt know this guy now has special privileges on gaf wow.

Ok gaf please hide all threads from him for me or make it auto ignore his threads for me .

I can set him on ignore but his threads i can still see.

Pallas

I was just gonna say, some people just want to play games. I admit I was very much pro Xbox when I first joined, maybe to the point to be labeled a fanboy but I wasn’t anti-Nintendo or Playstation, I was more critical of them, and now I’m starting to be highly critical of Xbox but I believe both PS5 and Series X will deliver something special.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I was just gonna say, some people just want to play games. I admit I was very much pro Xbox when I first joined, maybe to the point to be labeled a fanboy but I wasn’t anti-Nintendo or Playstation, I was more critical of them, and now I’m starting to be highly critical of Xbox but I believe both PS5 and Series X will deliver something special.
Talking about your interests is actually better than pretending to be neutral.

Oh gaf and this vfx😂😂

Didnt know this guy now has special privileges on gaf wow.

Ok gaf please hide all threads from him for me or make it auto ignore his threads for me .

I can set him on ignore but his threads i can still see.
I don't understand why you and IbelieveInGenerations IbelieveInGenerations felt compelled to post in his thread instead of simply ignoring it. I see users from the next-gen speculation thread accusing him of being a PC fanboy when they themselves are no better acting like PlayStation fanboys. Sorry that we have an industry verified user who doesn't conform to your platform bias but it's time to deal with it and move on.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
bit presumptuous of you to make this leap, you can have preferences without zealotry

all some care about are great games where platforms matter not (things get tricky once ideology is injected, financial interests)
I meant at some people in this gaming side who go on claiming to be neutral. A lot of threads aimed at certain platforms have some people barging with repeated concern trolling(quite a few recent bans are attributed to that). For example, The Medium thread about ray tracing due to website error instantly grew into 7 pages. Ask some of these guys(often posters in the Next Gen Speculation thread) about there alignment and quite a few of them will claim to be neutral. If you are really neutral, thats good for you. People can often have multiple interests and thats fine. But neutral has a perception in this forum of having an unbiased opinion, which leads to many preachers in the gaming section to impersonate as one.
If you are more close to true neutral, then thats good too.

Tesseract

Banned
I meant at some people in this gaming side who go on claiming to be neutral. A lot of threads aimed at certain platforms have some people barging with repeated concern trolling(quite a few recent bans are attributed to that). For example, The Medium thread about ray tracing due to website error instantly grew into 7 pages. Ask some of these guys(often posters in the Next Gen Speculation thread) about there alignment and quite a few of them will claim to be neutral. If you are really neutral, thats good for you. People can often have multiple interests and thats fine. But neutral has a perception in this forum of having an unbiased opinion, which leads to many preachers in the gaming section to impersonate as one.
If you are more close to true neutral, then thats good too.
i'll agree with the perceptions of bias part, everyone eventually gets tilted some way or another

rare is the individual who truly sits in the middle, it (seems like) a miserable and lonely existence

Jtibh

Banned
I don't understand why you and IbelieveInGenerations IbelieveInGenerations felt compelled to post in his thread instead of simply ignoring it. I see users from the next-gen speculation thread accusing him of being a PC fanboy when they themselves are no better acting like PlayStation fanboys. Sorry that we have an industry verified user who doesn't conform to your platform bias but it's time to deal with it and move on.
I need his threads to be ignored without having to open it first.

And yes i cant stand his crap thats why.
But again i want he fully ignored on all levels.

So is there a way to ignore the thread from members i put on ignore prior opening the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom