• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #127 - "Desperation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
I keep starting to write something, but it all comes out depressing.

I wanna write something happy despite the infered emotion of desperation.

e: Decided I'm gonna write the entire story on pen and paper. Make me earn that desperation feeling that you can't quite get from a keyboard and screen.

What do you mean something 'happy'? Do you mean you want to write something 'lighter'? Or something with a happy ending? Or a comedy?

kehs

Banned
What do you mean something 'happy'? Do you mean you want to write something 'lighter'? Or something with a happy ending? Or a comedy?

All of those I suppose. I know trying to write a comedy would only end up badly for me. I always end up going dark for resolutions.

Ashes

Banned
All of those I suppose. I know trying to write a comedy would only end up badly for me. I always end up going dark for resolutions.

Perhaps you should write something with direction. Something about why experiencing happiness is better than experiencing depression?

Ashes

Banned
Ludovico
(Today, 06:39 PM)

---
"Ludovico"

I've just read the Clockwork Orange. Is this a reference to that or the pianist?

Nezumi

A children's story objective would indeed be cool.

Got an idea I'll put to "paper" tomorrow. No last minute finishing for me this time.

Ludovico

Ludovico
(Today, 06:39 PM)

---
"Ludovico"

I've just read the Clockwork Orange. Is this a reference to that or the pianist?

Definitely the book. I hate picking favorites, but when asked about books, I answer this one every time.
Hope you liked it as well, make sure you see the movie if you haven't yet.

Hi, sorry that I missed the voting last challenge. Got caught up with family stuff

I wanted to thank you all for starting and maintaining such an awesome writing community/challenge here. I used to write a lot, since I was six (I'm 21), but then it kind of waned off and I haven't written much in three years. It's very frustrating because it was a talent of mine, a passion, I have an entire binder of finished stories, half finished, outlines, ideas, and I let all the work go to waste

But now I have that urge again, and a weekly challenge with a thematic focus and peer feedback is probably the best re-entry I've found so far. But damn, getting back into that groove is harder than I expected, especially with that 1000 word limit. What's the stance here on using story prompts or photos for developing ideas?

Ashes

Banned
Hi, sorry that I missed the voting last challenge. Got caught up with family stuff

I wanted to thank you all for starting and maintaining such an awesome writing community/challenge here. I used to write a lot, since I was six (I'm 21), but then it kind of waned off and I haven't written much in three years. It's very frustrating because it was a talent of mine, a passion, I have an entire binder of finished stories, half finished, outlines, ideas, and I let all the work go to waste

But now I have that urge again, and a weekly challenge with a thematic focus and peer feedback is probably the best re-entry I've found so far. But damn, getting back into that groove is harder than I expected, especially with that 1000 word limit. What's the stance here on using story prompts or photos for developing ideas?

Just write.

Sober

I find I have to sometimes consume media to get some ideas. Occasionally 'what ifs' or whatever as a jumping off point. I dunno.

Planning to take some creative writing courses in September here myself, maybe I'll stop making some glaring mistakes as well.

Ah shit, worlds colliding.

Haha, yeah. By the way, I tried to click your entry but there was an error with it. Either the password didn't work (I used the one that everyone else seems to be using), or something else is wrong with it. Might be on my end, but I thought you should know in case it is on your end.

Mike M

Nick N
Haha, yeah. By the way, I tried to click your entry but there was an error with it. Either the password didn't work (I used the one that everyone else seems to be using), or something else is wrong with it. Might be on my end, but I thought you should know in case it is on your end.

Huh, works fine for me. Quote to see the password, just in case.

kehs

Banned
I just realized I lost a bunch of files from stuff I was writing a few years back. fuuuuuuuu

This sucks.

Nezumi

Bump for the procrastinators!
Get your engines started, gentlefolk!

I'm actually more or less finished. But I figured now that I have all this extra time at my hands I might as well use it to brush things up here and there. Which is actually quite nice and I should definitely do this more often.

multivac

uuuAHAHhhhahagggg. Well I guess I should come up with an idea. Why do I do this?!
so glad I made it 1000 words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom